The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

+15
The Boss
tcribb
Nico the gman
The Galveston Giant
NathanDB10
Rowley
No1Jonesy
TopHat24/7
Mind the windows Tino.
johnson2
Fists of Fury
Super D Boon
Benelio
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation??? - Page 2 Empty Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

First topic message reminder :

The guy resigned from SKY because of his patronising comments toward Women....

Should he really be presenting on Boxnation?????

To me it's a fair question???.......To ask>>

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

Benelio wrote:
tcribb wrote:Totally agree mate !

I don't like anyone really come to think of it, maybes just skip the presenting!

Howabout a narration by Morgan Freeman linking everything together?

Or the bloke that does the More Than adverts, if they can't afford the real thing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Richard Keys be on Boxnation???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

Or maybe Warren could start doing a Vince mcmahon act in the ring before the fighters come out!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:37 pm

Would make for great analysis after fights that way. "I'd love to say (insert random boxer) fought the good fight."

And I'll go!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

Should RK be on Boxnation?

Sure, why not? He's a known commodity and if (as I suspect) the aim of Boxnation is to make boxing more appealing to the casual fan, who better to host the show with his unique "I've dumbed down for the masses but I'm smart really" style of presenting?

Ricky Hatton may have done wonders in having a crossover appeal but some of the "football crowd mentality" that has seeped into boxing audiences is something that can be directly attributed to him.

Yes Keyes may have done himself no favours with sexism fiasco on Sky but having listened to a number of his shows on TalkSport, he's still a decent broadcaster. I'm sure he'll bring an air of professionalism and "respectability" to a channel which is, rightly or wrongly, being given something of a kicking.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:35 am

Simple question, simple answer - NO.

Why? For the sexism debacle? In part, yes.

It is my belief that the main reason he is there, is because he is a name. Quoth Trussman:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's probably on there because he's established as a name and is cheap...
Shame some young enthusiastic guy/girl that likes his/her Boxing hasn't been given a break..

And is he not correct? Doth Keys not prattle like a vapid harlot? Surely there's someone more qualified to the position?

Of course - there are plenty of people more qualified. However -

1. Keys has been a sports presenter for 20 years. He had some fans, so I am told.
2. He was fired from his previous job for being "laddish" (please read my scorn into the last sentence.)
3. Boxing is a sport that attracts laddish people.

Keys is hired to bring in the punters - the same reason that Carol Vorderman is there.

Of course - we boxing fans will tune in to watch the quality of the action - but your casual sports fan needs incentives like Carol Vorderman chatting with hot and sweaty men.

The fact that my toenail clippings would do a better job than Keys is neither here nor there.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

Benelio wrote:Forgive and forget I say. It's not like the guy did anything criminal. I don't really get behind this mentality that someone should be sacked the moment they make a daft comment, and prevented from ever working in their industry again.

The number of female presenters that make equivalent patronising comments against men is probably a lot higher. Often notice the female presenters on BBC news making male generalisations about Bill Turnbull, their co-host, and then there's 'Loose Women', that sometimes turns into something reminiscant of a cackling Hen party. These incidents don't bother me, but the inequality in how its perceived does.

they dont say thinks like - 'did you smash it?' and 'i bet you were hanging out of the back of that'.

yes he's an idiot and knows nothing about boxing, but as a presenter, there are far worse.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:27 pm

oxring wrote:Simple question, simple answer - NO.

It is my belief that the main reason he is there, is because he is a name. Quoth Trussman:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's probably on there because he's established as a name and is cheap...
Shame some young enthusiastic guy/girl that likes his/her Boxing hasn't been given a break..

And is he not correct? Doth Keys not prattle like a vapid harlot? Surely there's someone more qualified to the position?

1. Keys has been a sports presenter for 20 years. He had some fans, so I am told.
2. He was fired from his previous job for being "laddish" (please read my scorn into the last sentence.)

Keys is hired to bring in the punters - the same reason that Carol Vorderman is there.

Of course - we boxing fans will tune in to watch the quality of the action - but your casual sports fan needs incentives like Carol Vorderman chatting with hot and sweaty men.

The fact that my toenail clippings would do a better job than Keys is neither here nor there.

Yes, points well made. Despite my objections to his "I am pretending to be a clueless (w)anchor man for the dumbo masses" style of presenting, I forget that the majority of viewers can't see through this and are nowhere near as intelligent as I. Smile

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

There shouldn't even be a channel, let alone Keys being on it
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:18 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:There shouldn't even be a channel, let alone Keys being on it

it makes perfect business sense for warren to have his own channel. and i think it would return him a decent profit.

all his fighters on his channel so he controls the rights to the footage, he doesnt have to work around sky for a TV date, it gives all of his fighters TV exposure and makes money on it at the same time. the advertising revenue goes to his company too.

it does take casual fans away, they cant discover them on sky one night on an under card they've tuned into. but as a business, it's good sense.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:10 pm

When Richard Keys introduced Chisora on Talksport last week he prefixed it with 'Chisora is fighting one of the Vitali Brothers on the 18th February'.

The fella is presenting for a boxing channel. Knowing Vitali Klitscho' sname is the bare minimum I'd expect from any presenter, for any boxing related station.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
oxring wrote:Simple question, simple answer - NO.

Yes, points well made. Despite my objections to his "I am pretending to be a clueless (w)anchor man for the dumbo masses" style of presenting, I forget that the majority of viewers can't see through this and are nowhere near as intelligent as I. Smile

Never underestimate the stupidity of the majority D. And it seems that when placed in a group, the stupidity multiplies.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2