The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm):

+38
Thomond
Steffan
Artful_Dodger
Morgannwg
gmclachl
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
I'm Optimist
wales606
bsando
eirebilly
BigTrevsbigmac
gowales
glamorganalun
Blueschief
Keesie_kee
Liam
marty2086
XR
Smirnoffpriest
Mickado
clivemcl
The Great Aukster
Cari
Cymroglan
dogtooth
Cardiff Dave
rodders
Standulstermen
MrsP
Kingshu
Jimmy Moz
Don Alfonso
Notch
Rory_Gallagher
Jenifer McLadyboy
geoff998rugby
PenfroPete
Rava
42 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Should the Article be renamed Cardiff Blues v Ulster

Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Empty Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm):

Post by Rava Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ulster Match Day Squad to face Cardiff, Friday 17th February 2012, Cardiff Arms Park (kick-off 7.05pm)
(15-9): S Terblanche; C Gilroy, N Spence, P Wallace, I Whitten; I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, N Brady, J Afoa, L Stevenson, D Tuohy, C Henry (capt), W Faloon, R Diack;
Replacements (16-23): A Kyriacou, P McAllister, A Macklin, T Barker, M McComish, P Marshall, S Danielli, A D'Arcy

Unavailable due to injury: Jared Payne (achilles), Declan Fitzpatrick (neck), Darren Cave (foot), Pedrie Wannenburg (foot), Johann Muller (calf), Ali Birch (knee)

Cardiff XV: 15 Ben Blair 14 Richard Mustoe 13 Gavin Evans 12 Gavin Henson 11 Tom James 10 Dan Parks 9 Lloyd Williams 8 Xavier Rush 7 Josh Navidi 6 Michael Paterson 5 Paul Tito (c) 4 Cory Hill 3 Scott Andrews 2 Ryan Tyrell 1 John Yapp

Replacaments: 16 T Rhys Thomas 17 Nathan Trevett 18 Ryan Harford 19 Maama Molitika 20 Martyn Williams 21 Richie Rees 22 Ceri Sweeney 23 Chris Czekaj

Last edited by Rava on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 1:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm):

Post by Notch Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:I think I'll continue calling them Cardiff Blues, as that is what I've always known them as. As long as you stick Blues at the end of it, then is it alright?

So long as you don't get cut off on the phone or accidentally hit send in a forum or something... maybe. chin

Just make damn sure you don't just say Blues and you'll be okay.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm): - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Ulster Friday 17th February, Cardiff Arms Park (kick off 7.05pm):

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

If the clowns on the board of directors had just called themselves something a bit more original that 'Blues' and dropped the 'Cardiff' bit then we wouldnt even be having this discussion. The sooner people like the horrible Pieman and his sidekick Norster are out of Welsh rugby the better

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

laughing ha aye, think you've got it Rory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:36 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:MrsP - aha I get you now. Tis only a 20 min walk from CAP to CSS, so yes, many many more will go because its at CAP not CCS. if you belive the rumours, there's been about 3K or so fans that have refused to go and watch the Blues simply because the games are at CCS.

After a few seasons of complaining they've finally got their wish to be playing some games back at CAP.

There's a lot more too it than that though rugbydreamer.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:36 pm

Notch wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:I think I'll continue calling them Cardiff Blues, as that is what I've always known them as. As long as you stick Blues at the end of it, then is it alright?

So long as you don't get cut off on the phone or accidentally hit send in a forum or something... maybe. chin

Just make damn sure you don't just say Blues and you'll be okay.

Don't you mean don't just say Cardiff? Ahhh censored

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:MrsP - aha I get you now. Tis only a 20 min walk from CAP to CSS, so yes, many many more will go because its at CAP not CCS. if you belive the rumours, there's been about 3K or so fans that have refused to go and watch the Blues simply because the games are at CCS.

After a few seasons of complaining they've finally got their wish to be playing some games back at CAP.

There's a lot more too it than that though rugbydreamer.

Oh yeah, for sure (there always is in Welsh rugby!). I just want these fans to actually turn up at the CAP now, the Blues do need some positive vibes, they've had a pretty miserable season so far, despite making the HEC QF. They need a boost from somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:If the clowns on the board of directors had just called themselves something a bit more original that 'Blues' and dropped the 'Cardiff' bit then we wouldnt even be having this discussion. The sooner people like the horrible Pieman and his sidekick Norster are out of Welsh rugby the better
G'wan Jimmy. Get off the fence. Tell us what you REALLY think. Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:41 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Don't you mean don't just say Cardiff? Ahhh censored

No you can say 'Cardiff' all you want

You just have to pay Peter Thomas £20 and go to the Arms Park first. Can chant it all night long then like the rest do...

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:41 pm

Maybe we should start calling The Scarlets, the Llanelli "Vivid" Reds!

Very Happy

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:If the clowns on the board of directors had just called themselves something a bit more original that 'Blues' and dropped the 'Cardiff' bit then we wouldnt even be having this discussion. The sooner people like the horrible Pieman and his sidekick Norster are out of Welsh rugby the better

Get in there Jimmy.
So would've Ponty fans travelled down the A470 to support the Blues at Cardiff Arms Park all those years ago?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:43 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Get in there Jimmy.
So would've Ponty fans travelled down the A470 to support the Blues at Cardiff Arms Park all those years ago?

We will never know now

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:43 pm

That's a thought actually.

Isn't that what the fans chant at games?

Keirrrrrrrrrdif!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:44 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:

Oh yeah, for sure (there always is in Welsh rugby!). I just want these fans to actually turn up at the CAP now, the Blues do need some positive vibes, they've had a pretty miserable season so far, despite making the HEC QF. They need a boost from somewhere.

They need financial stability first and fourmost coz the deal at CCS is killing them.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:45 pm

MrsP wrote:Maybe we should start calling The Scarlets, the Llanelli "Vivid" Reds!

Very Happy

Run

laughing not sure that's quite catchy enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

MrsP wrote:That's a thought actually.

Isn't that what the fans chant at games?

Keirrrrrrrrrdif!

Yes.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

MrsP - it is indeed, it's mightily annoying, it even annoys a lot of Blues fans!

Cardiff Dave - oh definitely. I really hope there is some sort of get out clause with them and the deal at the CCS. The rumours about the loss they're going to make from it is crazy. They need out of it asap really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:52 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:MrsP - it is indeed, it's mightily annoying, it even annoys a lot of Blues fans!

I don't get it. Why should chanting "Cardiff" annoy Blues fans when the team has been known as Cardiff Blues from the very beginning?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:57 pm

maybe because a lot of fans are actually from outside of Cardiff? Why would they want to chant Cardiff?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:02 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Get in there Jimmy.

We will never know now

Be honest Jimmy, you lot didn't really buy into the Celtic Warriors, so I think it would fair to suggest you also wouldn't have bought into a Blues side especially when its home was Cardiff Arms Park.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Be honest Jimmy, you lot didn't really buy into the Celtic Warriors, so I think it would fair to suggest you also wouldn't have bought into a Blues side especially when its home was Cardiff Arms Park.

Yes we are just a horrible bunch who dont deserve any rugby at all

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:13 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:maybe because a lot of fans are actually from outside of Cardiff? Why would they want to chant Cardiff?

What has where they live or where they come from got to with it?
The name of the team is Cardiff Blues and has been from the very beginning. If they don't want to chant Cardiff then fine, but why object if somebody else wants to? They can always chant Blues if they want.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:What has where they live or where they come from got to with it?
The name of the team is Cardiff Blues and has been from the very beginning. If they don't want to chant Cardiff then fine, but why object if somebody else wants to? They can always chant Blues if they want.

And now the true colours are starting to show. Shame...

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:15 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Be honest Jimmy, you lot didn't really buy into the Celtic Warriors, so I think it would fair to suggest you also wouldn't have bought into a Blues side especially when its home was Cardiff Arms Park.

Yes we are just a horrible bunch who dont deserve any rugby at all

I signed your petition Jimmy and I don't think you are a horrible bunch at all. Let's get that straight, but stop blaming Cardiff and everybody else for all your woes.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:What has where they live or where they come from got to with it?

And now the true colours are starting to show. Shame...

Here we go.
All i'm saying is that the name of the team is Cardiff Blues and it's ok for people to chant Cardiff, Blues or Cardiff Blues because that is the name of the team.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:I signed your petition Jimmy and I don't think you are a horrible bunch at all. Let's get that straight, but stop blaming Cardiff and everybody else for all your woes.

I dont blame Cardiff. I blame the WRU for allowing Cardiff to do what they have. Same goes for Llanelli and Newport

The best team Ponty could have gone in with is Neath if im honest. That would have covered the whole of RCT, Merthyr and Neath Port Talbot counties. Alternated games at the Gnoll and Sardis. Even stick a few in Penydarren Park

Now neither Neath or Ponty bother with their "regions". Bridged seem quite happy with the Ospreys so maybe they should have merged with Swansea from the start. Shame about the Dragons keeping the 'Newport' bit. They would be a proper region if it wasnt for that. Cardiff and Llanelli can do what the hell they like as far as myself and the WRU are concerned

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm

We're gonna be in BIG TROUBLE when Rava see what a mess we've made of his lovely article!!!

Shocked

It was all Penfro's fault!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

THat's just what I was thinking MrsP!

righty quickly back on topic....

Anyone know when the actual teams are going to be announced? I would assume tomorrow? Hope the Blues have some of their injured players back fit, especially in the back line. With Roberts away they are really missing the likes of Hewitt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:33 pm

Can we call Cardiff Dave just "Dave"?

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

Yes! But you must NEVER call him Cardiff!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:Can we call Cardiff Dave just "Dave"?

Too regional.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:41 pm

MrsP wrote:Yes! But you must NEVER call him Cardiff!

Boom! Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:44 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:I signed your petition Jimmy and I don't think you are a horrible bunch at all. Let's get that straight, but stop blaming Cardiff and everybody else for all your woes.

I dont blame Cardiff. I blame the WRU for allowing Cardiff to do what they have. Same goes for Llanelli and Newport

The best team Ponty could have gone in with is Neath if im honest. That would have covered the whole of RCT, Merthyr and Neath Port Talbot counties. Alternated games at the Gnoll and Sardis. Even stick a few in Penydarren Park

Now neither Neath or Ponty bother with their "regions". Bridged seem quite happy with the Ospreys so maybe they should have merged with Swansea from the start. Shame about the Dragons keeping the 'Newport' bit. They would be a proper region if it wasnt for that. Cardiff and Llanelli can do what the hell they like as far as myself and the WRU are concerned

Yes, but Ponty were broke back then, had no backer and therefore unfortunately for you fans had no say.
Why that was the case I don't know, but maybe it had something to do with the way the club was being run.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

Maybe we should just rename this article,

"The Welsh Welsh bickering Article"

and start a new one about the match?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:45 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Jenny - the point I'm trying to (rather hamfistedly) make, is that they are CARDIFF BLUES not Cardiff. It's a small but appreciable difference. OK

Personally, I'd like to see BLUES, DRAGONS, OSPREYS and SCARLETS as the 'official' names and each region to play at least some games away from their HQ

i agree.

mad

i have been getting quite wound up by the cardiff blues over the last week. i heard some cardiff blues guy saying about the recent cap games, 'we are listening to the fans'. if, IF!!!, if they had been listening we wouldnt have gone to the schitty schtadium in the first place. now we are saddled with a 20YEAR?!?!?!?!? lease to pay there (not a typo, we dont play there but we still pay there) what a fffffarce.

i was at that retail park today. we are paying thousands of pounds a week to have the cardiff blues badge on a football stadium.

some one needs a size 12 up their a2se
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

Remember that Godawful brandng thing years ago where we all got unwieldy NFL-esque titles? Ukster White Knights, Leinster Lions, Munster - Turnipheads? What was theirs? Anyway, they all died a death, thank goodness.

Personally, I get upset that so many of our supporters drop the "Branch" from our title. it dilutes our connection with the IRFU...

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

laughing

How's the newest Alfonso?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:27 pm

Munster turnipheads! Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:30 pm

Breaking news BBCNI have just advertised the game as Cardiff V Ulster! Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

roddersm wrote:Breaking news BBCNI have just advertised the game as Cardiff V Ulster! Shocked

Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:42 pm

Hale and hearty, MrsP. All's good in The Zoo. His big brothers have been very good with him.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:47 pm

Don,

If it's any comfort, it doesn't get any busier than 3.

Or at least it doesn't until they all start to do all the after school stuff.

Shocked Run Chef Run boxing Run Dog Run music Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

So when's the Cardiff team announced then?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:08 pm

Cardiff Blues play in this league

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/tables/4777185.stm

Cardiff play in this one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/tables/4777221.stm

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:30 pm

Cymro,

Do we have to say it's being played in Cardiff Blues Arms Park?

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

Cardiff Arms Park will do fine Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:43 pm

It's only the Cardiff Blues fans from Ponty who get upset. No one has a problem with calling Cardiff City FC the Bluebirds. Perhaps the rugby region could adopt that title to rival the Ospreys and have a scary looking mascot like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gME8nuaWlis/TfdTsBCOEGI/AAAAAAAAAqM/w5Gc-RY-loA/s1600/AngryBird+Soft+Toys+%252815inch%2529+-+Blue+Bird+RM39.90.jpg

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:46 pm

Yikes steam warning
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

Sorry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:57 pm

Cari wrote: Sorry

Nooooooo Cari, Not You Hug

Just the article in general. I think there are about six posts on topic Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:59 pm

Clearly we need. Less divisive moniker for this particular Welsh team. What about "the Eurythmics"?

In that note, I would fully endorse any proposal to rename Ulster "the New Power Generation".

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next