The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 126 Fight Card & Discussion

+3
rikwebb
Adam D
Enforcer
7 posters

Go down

UFC 126 Fight Card & Discussion Empty UFC 126 Fight Card & Discussion

Post by Enforcer Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 pm

06.02.2011 3:00am - ESPN

• Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
  • Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
  • Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones
  • Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
  • Antonio Banuelos vs. Miguel Torres
  • Donald Cerrone vs. Paul Kelly
  • Chad Mendes vs. Michihiro Omigawa
  • Gabe Ruediger vs. Paul Taylor
  • Demetrious Johnson vs. Norifumi Yamamoto
  • Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero
  • Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson

Thought I'd use this board that Hobo nagged for as he can't be bothered! I've not watched much UFC, I have caught the odd fight and watched a couple of the Lesnar bouts but never really gotten hooked.

Just thought I'd ask some of the more knowledgable guys (and Hobo) for their thoughts on the upcoming fightcard. Is it one that is likely to get a relative noob interested, or would you recommend another event first?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

UFC 126 Fight Card & Discussion Empty Re: UFC 126 Fight Card & Discussion

Post by Adam D Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am

Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
Silva should beat Belfort but I would personally love Belfort to win as I can't stand Silva and would love for someone to wipe the arrogance off his face.

Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
Battle of the veterans - should be a slugfest and I reckon that Franklin can take this.

Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones
If Bader can take Jones down, then he might win it. If it stays on its feet, Jones will win.

These are the three fights that are 'big name' fights. Should be a good card overall, but be warned that the main event could suck - I find that any Silva fight has the potential to be awful (although Belfort is made for him, so maybe not this time)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rikwebb Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:29 pm

# Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort
I hope Belfort brings a peformance like when he first entered the UFC. Still amazes me watching that handspeed.

# Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
Not sure on this one, both are great fighters its the fight i'm looking forward to the most on the night though. Just finished rewatching Ultimate Fighter Season 1 and forgot how much Forrest made me laugh.

# Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones
Could be a cracker of a fight, have a feeling it could be a fight of the night contender.

rikwebb

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 pm

Got to agree with Hobo that I hope Silva gets beat, he is arrogant beyond belief!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by BROCK'S BEEF JERKY Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I dont expect it but I'm sure hoping Bader can take Bones to the ground and make a fight of it, would surprise alot of people if Bader could get any kind of win.

I think Forrest has been out of the octagon too long and will struggle to handle Franklin but you never know which Forrest will show up on the night.

Again unlikely but like most of you I'm hoping to see Silva finally lose his belt, he wasnt very impressive in his last couple of fights so maybe Vitor can slap him around a bit and get a KO.

I'm gonna put some bets on the main card (always makes it easier to support one fighter over another)...I'm gonna go for Franklin definately, but not sure if Bader or Vitor are worth risking money on, anyone else putting money on this UFC ??

BROCK'S BEEF JERKY

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Id love Bader to beat Jones just to see the look on Dana's face, I think Jones is too overhyped and Bader will be just to phyisical for him

As BROCK said you just dont know what Forrest will turn up, hopefully from a fans point of veiw it'll be a Forrest of old and he and Franklin stand and bang for the 3 rounds, I can see Forrest just edging it

I love Anderson Silva and I hope he destroys Vitor end of Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by CMPUNKisthesaviour Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Silva is the man and Dana has promised us Silva vs GSP if Anderson wins so here is to hoping.I like Belfort but Silva is awesome and so many great UFC moments have come from him.He was in trouble against Sonin so will be interesting to see how he handles Belfort's bombs.

I think Bones is the gonna be awesome and although Bader is a decent competitor he has to work his ground game in early otherwise he is getting KTFO.

As for Rich and Forrest.Just cool to watch two old legends go at it.Heart says Rich but head says that if Griffin turns up then he is mopping up in this one.

So many good fights on the horizon,really looking forward to Rashad against Shogun,should be a classic.

CMPUNKisthesaviour

Back to top Go down

Post by rikwebb Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:06 am

Anyone watch the weigh-in? Loved the way Forrest just walked up and got straight on the scales.

Looking forward to the main event even more after the staredown between Silva and Belfort after weighing in.

rikwebb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down