The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is There A Competitive Fight On The Groves v Froch PPV Card?

+12
seanmichaels
Rowley
KingMonkey
sparxz
KingMonkey190679
Lance
mobilemaster8
Hammersmith harrier
joeyjojo618
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hazharrison
Strongback
16 posters

Go down

Is There A Competitive Fight On The Groves v Froch PPV Card? Empty Is There A Competitive Fight On The Groves v Froch PPV Card?

Post by Strongback Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:05 am

Fight card

Carl Froch v George Groves (easy night for Froch)
WBA and IBF Super Middleweight titles

Scott Quigg v Diego Silva (soft opponent)
WBA Super Bantamweight title

Rocky Fielding v Lennox Allen (I don't know much about this guy Allen)
Commonwealth Super Middleweight title

Martin Gethin v Anthony Crolla - (could be competitive)
British Lightweight title

Anthony Joshua v Hector Avila (tomato can)

Martin Murray v TBA (soft opponent)

Luke Campbell v TBA (tomato can)

Callum Smith v TBA (tomato can)

Kal Yafai v TBA (tomato can)

Scotty Cardle v TBA (tomato can)

Is Gethin v Crolla the only 50/50 fight on the card?

Will we be watching a series of uncompetitive fights?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Is There A Competitive Fight On The Groves v Froch PPV Card? Empty Re: Is There A Competitive Fight On The Groves v Froch PPV Card?

Post by hazharrison Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:32 am

Gethin-Crolla is more like 70-30 in Crolla's favour but is at least a fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Is There A Competitive Fight On The Groves v Froch PPV Card? Empty Re: Is There A Competitive Fight On The Groves v Froch PPV Card?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:37 am

Luke Campbell will get the headlines again when he beats his "tough & durable" opponent with a record of 2-11-1
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:44 am

Thats a lot of TBA's - are they really not announced yet? Pretty bad, you know no one good is going to fill those spots with less than two weeks to go.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:55 am

I'm just looking forward to seeing them all fight regardless of who they fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:06 am

I look forward to watching them fight. But I certainly object to paying an extra £15 to watch warm up, beginner, whatever you want to call them fights.....

The only point I disagree with is that Froch v Groves wont be competitive. I think Groves will be a bit awkward for Froch. I think Carl will win but Groves is a good fighter and will be in this fight I reckon.

Still not PPV worthy in any sense of the word.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:08 am

Who the hell is Diego Silva?!

Ranked 80 in the world at Super Bantam?! HAHA!

Quigg is a serious joke title holder.

So glad im not paying for this garbage.

Someone wake me up when Quigg fights a Kiko Martinez or someone like that (someone Frampton has already KTFO).

£15 Of garbage mismatches.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:10 am

I don't look forward to seeing anybody fight. Not against a guy they should beat comfortably. I look forward to competitive boxing of all standards. I hope Hearn doesn't start making cards like Warren used to. Chance to get all his boys an easy payday

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:14 am

He's already fought somebody better than Martinez in Munroe, granted it wasn't a world title fight but still a good opponent.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:22 am

Munroe better than Martinez? Sorry? Would have been better had he fought him 4 years ago.

That's like saying Alvarez win was great over Mosley as he is better than say Erislandy Lara at the moment.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:36 am

It was only Quigg that made Munroe look past his best and that win is better than any one of Framptons.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:39 am

I would love to see how Quigg would fair against Martinez.

Rolled on his face on a jab by powder puff Jamie Arthur.

Has Quigg actually ever fought anyone with a hard punch???

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:13 pm

Take it your a quigg fan Hammer.

Munroe was there for the taking. Got battered in Japan then on the undercard of Khan vs McCloskey (i think) he ended up scraping past a no name.

Quigg beats him handily and its "oh yeh, munroe was class, better win then Martinez".......who ironically enough, is a world (current) champion.

Wouldn't surprise me if Quigg got taken out by Kiko.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:13 pm

Infact when Quigg fights someone in the world top 50 then ill take notice and give him some slack.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:26 pm

Not a particularly big fan but getting beaten by the brilliant Nishioka isn't anything to bash him with while he has always been better than Martinez. The latter being the weakest of the weak champions around, not sure how anyone can rate Martinez higher really aside from having an agenda.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:28 pm

As for a top 50 fighter, all of Munroe, Booth and Salinas were comfortably inside the top 50.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey190679 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:47 pm

Stacked card. STACKED.

*rolls eyes*

I'm pretty disappointed to say the least.

KingMonkey190679

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:31 pm

I will watch newbies fight tomato cans as long as a progression is happening, but I will not pay for the privilege, this card has gotto be hearns worst to date. No mouth watering contest at all even the headline ain't that appealing should be a Froch whitewash win like bute.

Who's on the Xmas card?

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:33 pm

Probably Scott Quigg vs Trevor Scragg (a guy i work with ranked 46th in the Stoke on Trent region).

Surely that's a justifiable PPV show and "WORLD" title defence?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:39 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Probably Scott Quigg vs Trevor Scragg (a guy i work with ranked 46th in the Stoke on Trent region).

Surely that's a justifiable PPV show and "WORLD" title defence?  
Or me, ranked 5,999,999,999,999 in the world out of 6 billion. My son being ranked the lowest and even that is a 50/50 fight against me......
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey190679 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:59 pm

Fielding's opponent cannot be worse than his last. The knockout of some poor, confused looking African that sparked WILD celebrations amongst Team Fielding as he won the Commonwealth title.

Rocky Fielding, Commonwealth Champ.... Good heavens.

KingMonkey190679

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:04 pm

I have to say that im very unimpressed with Hearns fights at the moment. There making our fighters get a bad name.

Really really poor line up here considering two are world title bouts.

Pathetic set up for the money.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:11 pm

Wow, I managed to log in as my alter-ego then. Still, at least everyone knows when to send me a Birthday card now.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:16 pm

KingMonkey wrote:Wow, I managed to log in as my alter-ego then.  Still, at least everyone knows when to send me a Birthday card now.
If you are going to create an alias account the normal way of things is to be a bit more cunning with your name.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:24 pm

Rowley wrote:
KingMonkey wrote:Wow, I managed to log in as my alter-ego then.  Still, at least everyone knows when to send me a Birthday card now.
If you are going to create an alias account the normal way of things is to be a bit more cunning with your name.
Cheers TRUSS

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:26 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Cheers TRUSS
Laugh
Good one scheng clap 

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:30 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Cheers TRUSS
Laugh
Good one scheng clap 

To be sure, to be sure, top o' the marnin' t' ye!

Oh Christ what numbers have I logged in under now?

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:17 pm

I fear for the health of TBA.
That's a lot of different weights he has to fight at in one night.

He's fighting Jamie McDonnell on the same bill.

Hardest working fighter around.

In reality though... If this was a Warren PPV with that many TBAs and lopsided fights there would be hell to pay.

Matchroom might be spreading themselves a bit thin even with so many fighters.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:29 pm

Not impressed with the undercard,but will pay for it only because brother and mates are coming round and chipping in, we'll have a good drink and good craic regardless.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:42 pm

Whenever a ppv card is bad value you often get people paying for it because their mates are chipping in. Be honest, does this really happen??? Is there a collection plate passed round where everybody throws in a couple of quid??

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

catchweight wrote:Whenever a ppv card is bad value you often get people paying for it because their mates are chipping in. Be honest, does this really happen??? Is there a collection plate passed round where everybody throws in a couple of quid??
Yep all chip in for the beer and the fight,divide the ppv between how manys coming, alway's have done,even in the bigger fights with better undercards. If someones greedy in our circle he gets told in no uncertain terms.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

My God this guy is obsessed with slagging off eddie Hearn............

Obsession only hurts those that are obsessed kiddo...

just leave it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:My God this guy is obsessed with slagging off eddie Hearn............

Obsession only hurts those that are obsessed kiddo...

just leave it..

Says the guy who's getting his middle name changed to 'Floyd'.

As to the card, it's duff. I never mentioned Eddie in the OP, I didn't need to. The card speaks for itself.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:12 pm

Just a cheap Eddie Hearn pop as usual.........

You aren't going to hurt Eddie.......Just yourself kiddo..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:22 pm

It is a pretty dire card though Truss, hidden agenda or not.

This makes Frank Warrens "Magnificent 7" card which featured Enzo Gavin, DeGale, Cleverly etc all fighting stiffs look like an old Don King card.

Hopefully the xmas one is better.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Just a cheap Eddie Hearn pop as usual.........

You aren't going to hurt Eddie.......Just yourself kiddo..
You're dislike of Louis, SRR and Pacquiao down through the years probably has colored your personality in a negative sense.

As for Eddie, I wouldn't trust him with a pin in a condom factory.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:28 pm

I have Louis number 2 on my list..........Rolling Eyes 

I have SRR number 2 on my ATG list.........Rolling Eyes 

"Mayweather never had a defining fight so he's not top 10"

"I have Louis and Ali joint 6th"..........Rolling Eyes 

You are obsessed with Hearn.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I have Louis number 2 on my list..........Rolling Eyes 

I have SRR number 2 on my ATG list.........Rolling Eyes 

"Mayweather never had a defining fight so he's not top 10"

"I have Louis and Ali joint 6th"..........Rolling Eyes 

You are obsessed with Hearn.

Give us a laugh and tell us who's No.1 on your list.

The same answer also explains why you run Louis and SRR down on a regular basis.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down