The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves appeals decision of Froch fight

5 posters

Go down

Groves appeals decision of Froch fight Empty Groves appeals decision of Froch fight

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 03 Feb 2014, 3:54 pm

Dear lord, can't these two just sign for a second fight. Groves is starting to annoy me a little. Played it perfectly to a point, but now I just want him to take the million he has been offered and stop with the noise.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Groves appeals decision of Froch fight Empty Re: Groves appeals decision of Froch fight

Post by Strongback Mon 03 Feb 2014, 4:01 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Dear lord, can't these two just sign for a second fight. Groves is starting to annoy me a little. Played it perfectly to a point, but now I just want him to take the million he has been offered and stop with the noise.

Is Groves still being offered a million? I thought he was getting 15% which is why he is appealing.

Squeezing everything out of the deal is what Haye and Booth were good at even if they appeared to be underhanded at times. Seems the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Groves appeals decision of Froch fight Empty Re: Groves appeals decision of Froch fight

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 4:04 pm

Haven't the IBF said he's only entitled to 15% because he isn't a top contender or something? Seems strange that a guy who's just given Froch his hardest fight for years is suddenly relegated to also-ran.

Can see why he'd be aggrieved at the decision

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 03 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm

I can see why he's appealed it, the IBF left themselves open to it when they gave their ruling against Howard Foster and basically said he was wrong.

That said I'd much rather they just signed the bloody contract.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Mon 03 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

Good god you little ginger tittie, just sign the effing contract!!!!!

All he's just doing is stalling, why on gods earth he'd do that I have zero idea.... Just making it likely that Froch goes eff you and suddenly announces he's fighting Stevenson or something crazy (and by crazy it could be as bad as Sturm coming up!)

Can he write? Did he need Booth to do that for him? Is that the reason he isn't signing the contract? Discuss.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 5:06 pm

Izzi wrote:Good god you little ginger tittie, just sign the effing contract!!!!!

All he's just doing is stalling, why on gods earth he'd do that I have zero idea.... Just making it likely that Froch goes eff you and suddenly announces he's fighting Stevenson or something crazy (and by crazy it could be as bad as Sturm coming up!)

Can he write? Did he need Booth to do that for him? Is that the reason he isn't signing the contract? Discuss.
Does Froch personally offer fights to opponents? Does he personally make them massive seven figure offers?

No, didn't think he did so I'm wondering why Groves is getting stick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Mon 03 Feb 2014, 5:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Izzi wrote:Good god you little ginger tittie, just sign the effing contract!!!!!

Does Froch personally offer fights to opponents? Does he personally make them massive seven figure offers?

Because when one guy is crying in the ring demanding a rematch and then gets his wish he seems awful keen to drag out signing the contract. Wins and the doors open to mega fights.

Lest we not forget Froch doesn't need Groves as much as the other way round that's in the short term for the latter anyway. Ok it may take Froch 2 less riskier fights to make the same but you're looking at 4/5 for Groves - he isn't exactly on the radar above EU level is he?

Career high payday by over double, he's not a mandatory and he's certainly not a PPV draw. It smacks of selfish greed that the little creep Booth has installed in him.

Disliking the little ginger twonk more and more.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 5:26 pm

Izzi wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Because when one guy is crying in the ring demanding a rematch and then gets his wish he seems awful keen to drag out signing the contract. Wins and the doors open to mega fights.

Lest we not forget Froch doesn't need Groves as much as the other way round  that's in the short term for the latter anyway. Ok it may take Froch 2 less riskier fights to make the same but you're looking at 4/5 for Groves - he isn't exactly on the radar above EU level is he?

Career high payday by over double, he's not a mandatory and he's certainly not a PPV draw. It smacks of selfish greed that the little creep Booth has installed in him.

Disliking the little ginger twonk more and more.
What if there's an accidental clash of heads, Groves loses on a technicality and he's out for three to four months before he can even start training for another big fight and then those negotiations don't seem so foolhardy all of a sudden. Look how much time Kessler missed after his eye injury. Groves is right to go for what he feels is fair. He showed in that fight that he deserves better than a paltry 15% and if he wants to make a stand against Hearn then why shouldn't he? Imagine he signed the original contract with it's alleged stipulations, beats Froch and then spends a year fighting utter dross because he's obliged to. It doesn't do him any good a fighter and rips off the fans who are paying good money to watch something competitive.

As for him not being PPV, I think you'll find there are any number of people who would be willing to pay money to watch the rematch if it was anywhere near as good as the original.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Mon 03 Feb 2014, 5:35 pm

I meant not PPV as he's unlikely to be on there without Froch. And I don't count a few living rooms watching boxnation as PPV but instead the sky PPV platform.

Anyway, work done GBK time.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 03 Feb 2014, 5:51 pm

Groves could still get what he was originally offered. Hearn has said as much. I think he should take seven figures, do what he says he is going to do and move on as world champ under Hearn. Holding out for more may cost him the fight, and he is ever so certain of winning it. Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:08 pm

The appeal is a non-starter............He lost end of..........He looked in trouble the ref stopped it....

Needs to deal with it....Seen worst stoppages (not many)..........Seen a load of better ones......Referee decision is final..

Move on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down