The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N-G Dragons vs Edinburgh

+18
Notch
GavinDragon
Shifty
glamorganalun
Taffineastbourne
Cardiff Dave
chris_501
bsando
Cari
Morgannwg
RuckingFlanker86
bedfordwelsh
youngguns6
Rava
RuggerRadge2611
funnyExiledScot
RDW
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

N-G Dragons vs Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty N-G Dragons vs Edinburgh

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 17 Feb 2012 - 12:43

First topic message reminder :

Edinburgh Team:

15 Tom Brown
14 Sep Visser
13 Matt Scott
12 John Houston
11 Tim Visser
10 Phil Godman
9 Chris Leck

1 Kyle Traynor
2 Alun Walker
3 Jack Gilding
4 Grant Gilchrist
5 Sean Cox
6 Stuart McInally
7 Roddy Grant CAPTAIN
8 Netani Talei

Substitutes

16 Andrew Kelly
17 Robin Hislop
18 Ulises Gamboa
19 Esteban Lozada
20 Hamish Watson
21 Alex Black
22 Gregor Hunter
23 Jim Thompson

Very disappointed to see Matt Scott turning out at 13(!), it does not bode well for a sensible selection at national level Sad

Weak spots in the team are WCP, the front row and Leck's passing, decent strength in second and back rows, and outside backs don't look too shabby

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

N-G Dragons vs Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: N-G Dragons vs Edinburgh

Post by RDW Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:33

Taffineastbourne wrote:Misplaced optimism/arrogance by our Scottish brethren.They hadnt won in Newport since 2006 and they will have to wait another year to try again.
Your team should finish above ours only if they were a better side.Unless my eyes deceived me your lot are pants!

At what point has any Scottish poster shown arrogance on this thread, and said they expected us to win? Don't make assumptions unless you've actually read everything.

Our first xv got us to the quarter final of the hk remember so don't write us off as a crap side.

Unfortunately that was not our first team - and our reserves are crap!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:35

glamorganalun wrote:Taff:

I think your comment is unfair as they provide the best part of the Scottish team he Dragons 2 players!
So why are they only just above us and we have a game in hand and loads of home games to come.Surely with all those internationals they should be miles ahead?
I always consider Edinburgh on a par with us.I expect to lose at theirs and win at ours.Think that I am usually correct on this.How a couple of posters appeared to have missed this pattern is beyond me.Respect your opposition was what I was taught.I am old school.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:38

mr falzone was VERY harsh on edinurgh and in general his reffing of the breakdown was poor....

saying that we showed good tempo, a little frantic at times, but we seemed in control ill give bedford credit his service was quick today. Tuilagi is not a vintage tuilagi but he does get over the gainline which is what we have craved for 2 seasons now...the scrum seemed to hold up well but again was a lottery due to the ref...

tovey is moving on so i would like to see what jones and robling could do at 10

quite a good game to watch though and the perfect way to lift the gloom surroundiong the region atm

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:39

Again, please provide an instance when an edinburgh fan hasn't shown respect to the opposition on this thread?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:39

taffs edinburgh are in the Hcup QF give them a little credit

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:40

i havent seen any arrogance shown on the part of edinburgh fans on this thread

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:42

funnyExiledScot wrote:Edinburgh just need to start taking these games seriously, and stop treating them as training exercises. That means taking points when on offer and playing to win.

Edinburgh should win this game, front row and stand off aside it's a very decent team. Perhaps a shame for Jim Thompson that Sep Visser is now ahead of him in the pecking order, but I'm pleased to see Brown getting a shot at fullback. Thought he looked sharp against the Ospreys.

Here you go, 3rd or 4th post in. Why should they win this game??? What is this based on? Previous head to heads? Or over confidence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:49

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:Misplaced optimism/arrogance by our Scottish brethren.They hadnt won in Newport since 2006 and they will have to wait another year to try again.
Your team should finish above ours only if they were a better side.Unless my eyes deceived me your lot are pants!

At what point has any Scottish poster shown arrogance on this thread, and said they expected us to win? Don't make assumptions unless you've actually read everything.

Our first xv got us to the quarter final of the hk remember so don't write us off as a crap side.

Unfortunately that was not our first team - and our reserves are crap!
Look at your and your fellow Scot's earlier posts re beating Dragons and finishing higher.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:51

Why is any fan who has confidence in their team arrogant?

Everyone is a bit over-optimistic when it comes to their own team. It's part of being a Sports fan.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:52

Only speaking for fes, but the general jist of our chat on this thread is that it was a team that could win it, and really with our aspirations we should be targeting a win. By no means a foregone conclusion!

Can't say you could judge all of edinburgh fans based on one post, and I'm pretty sure fes would clarify that his intentions weren't to say we'd find this game easy!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:53

based on form this season edinburgh should have won that game, but the form book was turned on its head thankfully Smile

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:53

Also we said we should aim to finish higher - what's wrong with that?[b]

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 20:55

RDW_Scotland wrote:Only speaking for fes, but the general jist of our chat on this thread is that it was a team that could win it, and really with our aspirations we should be targeting a win. By no means a foregone conclusion!

Can't say you could judge all of edinburgh fans based on one post, and I'm pretty sure fes would clarify that his intentions weren't to say we'd find this game easy!
Pleased that you amended your original post at 8.37pm!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:01

There's a difference between being confident that you can win and saying that you should win or 'expect' to win. The former is confidence, the latter is arrogance, unless the gap between the two teams is so great that it would be stupidity not to expect a win (e.g. All Blacks away to Namibia).

It was probably a throw away comment, maybe a slip of the tongue, but I think it touched a nerve with a few of us! I guess us Dragons fans are a bit touchy at the moment. We're losing our players, there are rumours of closing us down or giving us less money, and other teams seem to think we're a pushover when we're not!

Last edited by Griff on Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:22; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:04

RDW, why did you just edit your post from yesterday 26
MINUTES AGO???!

Naught, naughty!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:07

You can be a pushover on the road, or have been this season, but at home? Tough trip.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:10

RDW_Scotland wrote:Again, please provide an instance when an edinburgh fan hasn't shown respect to the opposition on this thread?
If you hadnt altered your post I could have.But you know what you did.Naughty,naughty.Politician or Murdoch journalist????I wonder.Not good form for a Moderator. mad mad

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:22

Ha ha ha calm yourselves boys! Hug

I changed it because I realised with hindsight it looked misleading that I said we should finish above the dragons, as opposed to we should aim to! You guys really think that Scottish fans have anything to be arrogant about considering our regions gave done hee haw for years??
Food spot - let's move on eh! Ale

Back on topic - I've personally never looked forward to playing the dragons - there definitely our bogey team and I've never enjoyed watching our games against them.

One stands out from last year or the year before where is was like minus 10 at murrayfield with 1500 people there or something

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:28

RDW_Scotland wrote:Ha ha ha calm yourselves boys! Hug

I changed it because I realised with hindsight it looked misleading that I said we should finish above the dragons, as opposed to we should aim to! You guys really think that Scottish fans have anything to be arrogant about considering our regions gave done hee haw for years??
Food spot - let's move on eh! Ale

Back on topic - I've personally never looked forward to playing the dragons - there definitely our bogey team and I've never enjoyed watching our games against them.

One stands out from last year or the year before where is was like minus 10 at murrayfield with 1500 people there or something
You were being duplicitous and your actions were compounded by your righteous indignation.Shameful behaviour and if you choose to stand down from being a Moderator you can expect my full support.Your lack of apology is duely noted.Class!!!!!!!!!!1

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 23:01

Apologies mate - my mistake. Ale

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 23:15

Nearly 3 hours too late,sunshine!Trust me,you are not a nice person.Nasty.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 8:44

I'll pm you in the near future and we can discuss it then, to allow this thread to just ve about the game ok?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 9:51

How gash are some of the Rabbo refs ? Completely out depth, the ruck seems a lottery , people getting penalized even though they are on their feet etc reminds me of the Crap Scottish refs from the Magners days

And re this not being the Edinburgh 1st team , Dragons are missing silly amounts of players
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 11:34

GavinDragon wrote:based on form this season edinburgh should have won that game, but the form book was turned on its head thankfully Smile

Edinburgh really suffer for the loss of its international players. Its hardly the same team as previously

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 15:15

And the Dragons don't ? Our pack is without 4 international players, missing a SA international winger, playing a center on the wing, our locks have played umpteen games in a row to cover injuries - squad rotation would be a luxury for us this year.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:07

Oh, stop it, and that's the same as 9 current internationals with the squad and a further 4 out through injury. Just saying.

I hate international windows we don't have the squad depth to compete.

Well done Dragons.

Last edited by justified sinner on Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding clarification / more content.)

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:05

I didn't see the game, but am furious at the scoreline. I know Edinburgh have players missing because of the 6 Nations, but that XV should have at least managed a losing bonus point on the road.

Bradley needs to sort out this league form. Of course playing the Dragons away isn't going to be easy, I certainly never meant to suggest that it would, but I still think Edinburgh have and had the better players on the park (on the whole) and they just aren't performing to their capabilities.

The HC performances are starting to look slightly isolated. Whilst Edinburgh were missing their international front row, 2/3 of the back row, half backs and a winger, they still had quite a number of first team players on the pitch, and compounded with what's been a disappointing Dragons side this season, I had expected (reasonably in my view) Edinburgh to have enough.

Players like Gilchrist, Cox, Lozada, Talei, Scott, Visser and Thompson will more than likely feature against Toulouse in the HC, and if there are injuries players like Grant and Houston will also need to step up, these guys are quality players and need to be showing better form.

On the flip side, great result for the Dragons. A battling region if ever these was one and I do hope appropriate investment is made to counter the departures. A great set of fans deserve more, and Wales should cherish the region that has given them Charteris, Lydiate and Falatau, three of the key performers in the current Welsh revival.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:24

Thanks FES , good luck in the Heino thumbsup
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 9:45

glamorganalun wrote:Enjoyed the game at least both teams tried to play attacking rugby, I still think the Dragons Samoan is poor his hands must be covered with grease.

Not only that, we're too reliant on him. A couple of times on Saturday, we brought him back on the crash ball when the defence was waiting for him and there was space out wide. It was the wrong decision and the fact he lost the ball didn't help.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 9:54

As someone said on the Facebook Dragons feed when describing Tuilagi: "Hands like feet"!

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 9:55

Griff wrote:As someone said on the Facebook Dragons feed when describing Tuilagi: "Hands like feet"!

laughing
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2