The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora discussion

+25
tunes666
ShahenshahG
The genius of PBF
sodhat
HitmanOwl
joeyjojo618
wong the corruptor
BoxingFan88
oxring
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
noleisthebest
Imperial Ghosty
azania
Josiah Maiestas
Sugar Floyd Louis
paperbag_puncher
EdWoodjr
Wykey89
John Bloody Wayne
hampo17
Seanusarrilius
DaveHedgehog
Duty281
eirebilly
Fists of Fury
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora discussion - Page 2 Empty Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora discussion

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here you go, fellas.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora discussion

Post by oxring Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:51 pm

You can only score someone working the body if they're not receiving to the head - Derek was - surely?

There is 1 criticism that can be leveled against the K-bros - and that's that they won't fight each other.

There's nothing wrong with their attitude. They could consistently fight mandatories - but they actually go out of their way to seek tough challenging fights. We have the strangest situation where the challengers are avoiding the champions - and its nothing to do with the Kbros contracts.

Its not like one of the brothers defended against Audley Harrison and conned the UK public into thinking it was real...

At least Chisora fought. Haye didn't turn up and made British HW boxing into a laughing stock.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Vitali Klitschko vs Dereck Chisora discussion

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:54 pm

Chisora, after the fight, says he slapped Vitali because of the way the Klischko's have treated him for the past two years with the stop-start promises of a fight. He says the past two years have disrupted his life with the on-off nature of the promised fight.

"Chisora was scheduled to face the IBF, IBO, WBO and Ring Magazine heavyweight champion, Wladimir Klitschko on 11 December 2010, but Klitschko pulled out of the fight three days prior with a torn abdominal muscle. The fight was later rescheduled for 30 April 2011, but this was later cancelled so Klitschko could fight David Haye on 2 July."

Chisora's defeats occurred during this period when he was being messed around by the Klitschko's , with delays and cancelations to the most important fight of his life.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:55 pm

I do find it amusing, Haye giving advice at the end of the fight.

Good show from Chisora but he never had the air of a man that could offer more than work rate, and despite one or two moments when Vitali looked a little uncomfortable, he never looked threatened.

Definitely proved some guys wrong who doubted the shape he was in and whether he would be able to work twelve rounds. He did admirably in that regard.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:57 pm

oxring wrote:You can only score someone working the body if they're not receiving to the head - Derek was - surely?

There is 1 criticism that can be leveled against the K-bros - and that's that they won't fight each other.

There's nothing wrong with their attitude. They could consistently fight mandatories - but they actually go out of their way to seek tough challenging fights. We have the strangest situation where the challengers are avoiding the champions - and its nothing to do with the Kbros contracts.

Its not like one of the brothers defended against Audley Harrison and conned the UK public into thinking it was real...

At least Chisora fought. Haye didn't turn up and made British HW boxing into a laughing stock.

Their attitude stinks Oxy, I think they forget that the world doesn't revolve around Germany, the sooner they are gone the better, they bring a bad name to heavyweight boxing, if only Lewis had inflicted even more damage on that gits face.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:57 pm

Because his HW career was nothing but an attempt to bleed money out of the fans. It was very cynical, and his actions; specifically "fighting" Audley in a farce then taking the money and literally running against Wlad, did more harm to boxing than good.

Pre HW of course I cannot take issue with. But Haye is not interested in boxing, legacy or anything else. He just wants to take us for mugs. I am firmly convinced of that.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
azania wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Vitali is overrated, proven tonight.

As I have been saying for a while and being laughed at in the process.

the guy is 40, boxing with an open stance, what more do you want?

Thats exactly what I've been saying. Vit has little to zero footwork, poor jab, ponderously slow and frankly past his best by a mile. Yet I was still laughed. Many harked to the Leewis fight as proof of how great Vit is, Others pointed to Briggs fight, Briggs stood there to be hit and he was hit. Yet he went the distance. So much for Vit;s punch power.

Over-rated and not a patch on Wlad who is a far superior boxer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:02 am

oxring wrote:You can only score someone working the body if they're not receiving to the head - Derek was - surely?

Nah, he's fighting Mormeck who is a foot shorter and 60lbs lighter. Audley is a step up from that in my book.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:03 am

Yet again the scorecards were far too wide. No way did Vitali win 10 rounds. Enjoyed that, Chisora put on a brave performance whilst never looking like winning. Time for Vitali to retire, he looked terrible.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:30 am

I told everyone Vitali is ripe for the taking...No doubt Haye will knock him out.

The Klitsckho's are great boxers but not gentleman they try to make out to be.

Kudos for Chisora for slapping and spitting on them they deserve it.

Looks like oxy again cant read between the lines...Nothing to do with the contracts good one oxy. Laugh

Credit to Azania for calling the fight right.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:42 am

Glad to see you've crawled back out from your rock PBF. The board is definitely blessed by your presence.

Audley, whose entire resume consists of going 1-1 Williams and Sprott is a step up from Mormeck - former CW champ of the world?

And we all know that the K-bros were supposed to be fighting Povetkin anyway - but for some strange reason he didn't fancy it so much...Povetkin's avoiding the Klitschko's because he doesn't like their contracts PBF?

You impress me with your ability to state the ludicrous with a straight face.
@azania
Frankly - any idea that Vitali's power is "overrated" has to be seen in the light of Briggs' hospitalisation. You don't inflict those injuries without serious power.

Chisora did well tonight, kudos to the guy - but he never, once not even a little bit, looked like winning the fight.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:45 am

azania wrote:

Nah, he's fighting Mormeck who is a foot shorter and 60lbs lighter. Audley is a step up from that in my book.

Difference is he is doing it out of lack of worthy opponents - Haye has no excuse, he bottled it against Wlad and struggled to dispatch dross like monte "i'm so easy to hit, valuevs punch arrived piecemeal on snailback and still knocked me over" Barrett. Haye doesnt punch half as much as Chisora and hasnt the nerve to take a beating like this imbecile to get his own shots off. Haye cant knock him out and cant outwork him and cant even outbox - what exactly can he do?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:52 am

Chisora was never in any real trouble, he just took to many punches.

I gave Chisora 4 rounds... but he gave VK a harder time than he thought and so much for the "Chisora is in big trouble now" comments.

I know Chisora is a bit of a pillock but he is not as bad as the press and people are making out.

A bit of water and a slap is hardly any worse than other boxers have done at times.

I am actually getting a bit annoyed at the Ks under the table antics. First they insult the Chisora team by telling them they cant play their theme song...

Then WK goes into there dressing room making them take off the raps for no reason... and not having anyone go in VKs dressing room.

The VKs do not own the belts despite how long they have had them and all their challengers deserve the respect of being a challenger for the belt and not a lucky winner who should take what they are given.

They are both GREAT boxers but boxers that are as "great" as they are should have defended their belts away from home a few more times...

I am starting to see why both Haye and Chisora both disrespected them because they belittle their opponents with their demands and mind games... so no reason fighters should have to bow and scrape.

I usually support the Ks but I think there teeth are not as white as many make out.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:53 am

He can sell a fight Shah - and that is precisely and between our posts, that is concisely and precisely the sum total of his achievements at HW.

He's retired anyway. Until he comes out of retirement, beats someone to get ranked - we shouldn't even be discussing him.

There's real fighters out there - real, genuine, up and coming talents - who deserve their shot before that charlatan, perpetrator of some of the biggest, seperate acts of theft of recent times - convincing people to shell out £15 for a pre-arranged 3 round fight, convincing people to shell out £15 so he could avoid to throw a punch for 12 rounds against Wlad - and stink up the joint against a Valuev who didn't have any temporal vision.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:54 am

oxring wrote:Glad to see you've crawled back out from your rock PBF. The board is definitely blessed by your presence.

Audley, whose entire resume consists of going 1-1 Williams and Sprott is a step up from Mormeck - former CW champ of the world?

And we all know that the K-bros were supposed to be fighting Povetkin anyway - but for some strange reason he didn't fancy it so much...Povetkin's avoiding the Klitschko's because he doesn't like their contracts PBF?

You impress me with your ability to state the ludicrous with a straight face.
@azania
Frankly - any idea that Vitali's power is "overrated" has to be seen in the light of Briggs' hospitalisation. You don't inflict those injuries without serious power.

Chisora did well tonight, kudos to the guy - but he never, once not even a little bit, looked like winning the fight.

Lewis bounced him like a ball before removing him. Briggs has been dropped many times also. Vit didn't stagger him despite landing several clean punches on a stationary target.. Most of his KOs have been ref stoppages. Everything about the guy is over-rated. He's riding on that uppercut and the lewis fight.

Not a patch on Wlad who is the best HW since Lewis by a country mile.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:55 am

Laugh Is anyone watching the post fight press conference? Chisora and Haye just had a brawl...Chisora saying Haye hit him with a bottle then Chisora goes after Adam Booth. Laugh

Wladimir yelling at both Haye and Chisora

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:56 am

Azania dont bother with oxy he cant read between the lines and is very biased.

It's like teaching a kid the ABC when it comes to debating boxing with oxy. Wink

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:58 am

Chisora saying he wants to destroy Haye and Booth is bleeding from the head.

Wladimir is loving this Laugh

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:58 am

tunes666 wrote:They are both GREAT boxers but boxers that are as "great" as they are should have defended their belts away from home a few more times...

I am starting to see why both Haye and Chisora both disrespected them because they belittle their opponents with their demands and mind games... so no reason fighters should have to bow and scrape.

I usually support the Ks but I think there teeth are not as white as many make out.

No-one's making out their teeth are white tunes (I'm not anyway).

This is moral relativism - not absolutism. They aren't that bad by comparison with other notable champions. I don't buy the idea that fighters have to fight abroad - to be great - and even then - since the Lennox Lewis fight - Vitali has fought 12 times.

4 of those have been in the USA, 1 in Poland against a Polish opponent and 1 in Switzerland (slightly randomly). The remaining 6 have been in the adopted home of Germany.

That's a pretty good travelling return for any champion - most don't fight abroad nearly so much.

And there's a difference between not "bowing and scraping" and spitting in someone's face.

Chisora sold the fight and sold it well. Without the slap - boxnation wouldn't have had nearly so many viewers.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:03 am

Briggs ended in Intensive Care. Vitali broke his nose and bones under both orbits as well as a severe concussion.

"no power" then...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:03 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:

Difference is he is doing it out of lack of worthy opponents - Haye has no excuse, he bottled it against Wlad and struggled to dispatch dross like monte "i'm so easy to hit, valuevs punch arrived piecemeal on snailback and still knocked me over" Barrett. Haye doesnt punch half as much as Chisora and hasnt the nerve to take a beating like this imbecile to get his own shots off. Haye cant knock him out and cant outwork him and cant even outbox - what exactly can he do?

That lame old excuse again. well Holy was a former cw champ. 4 times hw champ, why not drag him in? Not only is Mormeck past it, he never had it...least of all at HW. Haye will KO Vit in 7-8 rounds. Complete and utter sparking out of the ukrainian.

After reading up on their contract and games they play, stacking everything in thier favour, I hope they both lose. No wonder Haye got a belt first to even out the negotiations. Those guys are not the goody two shoes they try to make out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:05 am

Oxring

Landed a million shots on Briggs yet couldn't take him out...Vitali doesn't punch like he did back in the day.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:05 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Azania dont bother with oxy he cant read between the lines and is very biased.

It's like teaching a kid the ABC when it comes to debating boxing with oxy. Wink

...Floyd Mayweather is overrated by all and sundry...discuss...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:06 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Oxring

Landed a million shots on Briggs yet couldn't take him out...Vitali doesn't punch like he did back in the day.

Not saying he does. However - saying he's got no power when he can fracture a guy's face is ludicrous.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:07 am

azania wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:

That lame old excuse again. well Holy was a former cw champ. 4 times hw champ, why not drag him in? Not only is Mormeck past it, he never had it...least of all at HW. Haye will KO Vit in 7-8 rounds. Complete and utter sparking out of the ukrainian.

After reading up on their contract and games they play, stacking everything in thier favour, I hope they both lose. No wonder Haye got a belt first to even out the negotiations. Those guys are not the goody two shoes they try to make out.

Don't duck the issue. You've said that Audley Harrison deserves a shot more than Mormeck?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:08 am

Vitali can punch but does not have one punch knockout power like his brother...Oxy watch the post fight press conference it is hilarious.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:08 am

oxring wrote:Briggs ended in Intensive Care. Vitali broke his nose and bones under both orbits as well as a severe concussion.

"no power" then...

where did I say "no power"?

His power is over-rated. His ko ratio is misleading. Pure arm puncher as I've said a number of times.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:09 am

Harrison was the european champion...What has Mormeck done as a heavyweight?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:11 am

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:

Don't duck the issue. You've said that Audley Harrison deserves a shot more than Mormeck?

No I didn't say that. But seeing as you've mentioned it, yes on paper he was a better proposition than Mormeck. Hell, even Holy is a better option. mormeck should not be anywhere near the hw title scene. Its a joke and an insult to boxing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:12 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Vitali can punch but does not have one punch knockout power like his brother...Oxy watch the post fight press conference it is hilarious.

Is it on boxnation?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:16 am

Well that's all perspectives isn't it pbf. He got the shot on the back of the title.

However - realistically - he's been 1-1-0 with Williams and Sprott in the last 5 years. That is not enough to merit a world title.

Ibragimov and Oqendo (even though both wins were robberies in my opinion) are better than Prizefighter + Sprott.

You'll have to keep telling us what's going on in the presser - I'm in Canada so can't watch the post-fight presser.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:19 am

Presser finished...will be on youtube so watch it tomorrow

Haye vs Chisora on the cards

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:20 am

Boxnation seems to have gone back to subscription :-(

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:21 am

oxring wrote:Well that's all perspectives isn't it pbf. He got the shot on the back of the title.

However - realistically - he's been 1-1-0 with Williams and Sprott in the last 5 years. That is not enough to merit a world title.

Ibragimov and Oqendo (even though both wins were robberies in my opinion) are better than Prizefighter + Sprott.

You'll have to keep telling us what's going on in the presser - I'm in Canada so can't watch the post-fight presser.

So a guy who in reality lost his last 2 fights but was gifted the decisions is deserving of a world title shot oover the euro champ. I'm hearing it all now.

The reality is that neither deserved a shot. But for audley, it was a domestic fight and an easy sell with audley being a euro/olympic champ who could talk the talk and sell fridges to eskimos.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:22 am

Boente says winner of Haye vs Chisora gets a shot at Vitali.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:23 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Presser finished...will be on youtube so watch it tomorrow

Haye vs Chisora on the cards

Too much of a risk for haye. It should happen as haye's first defence of the wbc title Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:25 am

Chisora might get arrested...Booth has a cut...Police waiting outside for Chisora.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:26 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17088021

BBC finally reporting it

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:27 am

Sorry but gotta love Chis, complete nutter... "I'm going to shoot you. I'm going to physically shoot David Haye."

I shouldn't laugh.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:28 am

I love the use of physically LOL

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:30 am

At last. Some fun back in hw boxing. well done derreck. Now he'll add a zero to his next payday.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:35 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Boente says winner of Haye vs Chisora gets a shot at Vitali.

Sounds absolutely right in my opinion. Neither has done enough to warrant an immediate return to a championship fight - but if one beats the other then they have.

You're almost correct about the 2 of them. Mormeck is there due to his unreasonably high ranking (unreasonably high on the back of 2 dubious decisions). However - both Oqendo and Ibragimov are a better class of victory than Coleman Barrett and that 1 punch KO of Sprott. Further - Wlad wanted Povetkin, who wants "2 years". Arreola is lined up for late 2012 - there's a verbal agreement-of-sorts between them. Boytsov didn't want in - until his hand is better. Helenius fought Chisora and lost.

Fury is ranked in the top 10. Frankly - I'd rather Wlad beat up on Mormeck than Fury.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:38 am

Booth did say some nasty things about Chisora in the run up to the fight (like he's not good enough, he's going to lose). And he gave all 12 rounds to Vitali as well.

Chisora was true to his word. He said he'd make a better effort than Haye - and he has. He did well. Now for Haye and a crossroads fight for both men...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:42 am

Oxy no doubt about the state of the division it is poor lets not forget sosnowski (spelling?) got a shot at Vitali and Audley was favourite to beat him.

But their disgusting contracts they gave to fighters is unacceptable and Chisora gave them what they deserved no respect.

I rather see Fury vs Wlad to be honest due to the size...Vitali should retire and save his legacy.

Haye would expose Vitali's so called iron chin.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:43 am

oxring wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Boente says winner of Haye vs Chisora gets a shot at Vitali.

Sounds absolutely right in my opinion. Neither has done enough to warrant an immediate return to a championship fight - but if one beats the other then they have.

You're almost correct about the 2 of them. Mormeck is there due to his unreasonably high ranking (unreasonably high on the back of 2 dubious decisions). However - both Oqendo and Ibragimov are a better class of victory than Coleman Barrett and that 1 punch KO of Sprott. Further - Wlad wanted Povetkin, who wants "2 years". Arreola is lined up for late 2012 - there's a verbal agreement-of-sorts between them. Boytsov didn't want in - until his hand is better. Helenius fought Chisora and lost.

Fury is ranked in the top 10. Frankly - I'd rather Wlad beat up on Mormeck than Fury.

Mormeck should not be there. That usa former gridiron bloke is a better option. Even Helenius. Earlier you said chisora lost 2 of his last 3 fights, now you're claiming Helenius lost against Chisora. Bit of a weather vane there old chap.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:44 am

Chisora fought the lesser brother thats why he looked better...not so sure he could take Wladimir's punching power.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:48 am

oxring wrote:Booth did say some nasty things about Chisora in the run up to the fight (like he's not good enough, he's going to lose). And he gave all 12 rounds to Vitali as well.

Chisora was true to his word. He said he'd make a better effort than Haye - and he has. He did well. Now for Haye and a crossroads fight for both men...

Booth wants to comes across as some sort of guru/professor of boxing. If he called all 12 rounds to Vit, he deserves a slap to bring him back to his senses.

They wont fight yet. If what haye said is true, he'll fight vit in the summer. Apparently the money has been agreed. Just the small details left to iron out. This being the klits, there will be loads os small details.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:49 am

Azania

Boente doesn't want Haye to fight Klitschko...knows he will end Vitali's career.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:52 am

The genius of PBF wrote:But their disgusting contracts they gave to fighters is unacceptable

As I said - I won't state that the contracts are acceptable - they're clearly not. However - they are giving the public voluntary defences against the toughest opponents available - so I'm prepared to cut them a little slack for being unreasonably hard negotiators.

The genius of PBF wrote:I rather see Fury vs Wlad to be honest due to the size...

At this minute - its only the size that makes this fight interesting - and I'd like to see a HW title fight where both men can actually box a bit. I like Fury - I have been vocal in his praise on here many times in the past. However - he's not nearly ready for Wlad and doesn't deserve a shot.

The genius of PBF wrote:Vitali should retire and save his legacy. Haye would expose Vitali's so called iron chin.

Depends on what Haye turned up really. If the Haye turns up that fought Wlad - its an easy Vitali win.

However - as everyone can see - this mk II version of Vitali is definitely slowing down - and it wasn't all that fast to start with. For a guy who stopped about 34/37 opponents - to now be now going the distance with Briggs and Johnson suggests to me that his footwork and reflexes are 40 years old and not as sharp as they once were or they need to be.

There's a definite way for Haye to win a Vitali fight - via hit'n'run style attacks - with good head movement and a tight defence. Leaning off-centre to the right with your right hand up to cover your chin from that left jab-come-uppercut.

Will Haye do it? I thought he'd put on a better effort against Wlad - I don't fancy backing him again until I've seen something more from him.

A Chisora fight might persuade me to change my mind.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:57 am

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Mormeck should not be there. That usa former gridiron bloke is a better option. Even Helenius. Earlier you said chisora lost 2 of his last 3 fights, now you're claiming Helenius lost against Chisora. Bit of a weather vane there old chap.

No, you're not reading what I'm writing for a change.

Chisora has lost 3 of his last 4 fights - even though 1 of those fights was a disgraceful robbery and 1 of those fights he was woefully out of shape - on paper he has lost 3 from 4. This fight was not a robbery. Ergo - how does he merit a shot against Wladimir or Vitali on the back of that recent resume?

If he gets a win under his belt - he's back in the picture. Without a win - no.

And it doesn't really matter whether Mormeck should, or shouldn't be there. As pbf has grasped - the point is that there aren't many challengers leaping up and down to take up the offer of a fight. Povetkin ran a mile from it. Boytsov pulled out of the elimination tourney (in fairness, he had just had surgery) and Helenius did the same. Mitchell's own team don't think he'll be ready for another 18 months.

Other prospects on the horizon? Fury is fighting Martin Rogan. We could go with Price - who hasn't yet gone 12 rounds - or the better prospect in Magomed Ab*...alov - who, likewise, has only had about 10 fights.

Mormeck has his shot not because the brothers particularly want him - but because there's no-one else around.

Would you rather Wlad fought no-one at all? Not sure how you're finding this so hard to understand...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:02 am

I'd rather have dimittenko, arreola, pulev or even Helenius over mormeck. even evander is better than mormeck. It insults the boxing public.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next