The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do WWE want Orton to be the new Triple H?

4 posters

Go down

Do WWE want Orton to be the new Triple H? Empty Do WWE want Orton to be the new Triple H?

Post by JoshSansom Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:36 pm

It seems to me as though Randy's current character (which I think it pretty dull tbf) is an attempt to mimic the kind of face character that Triple H has, where he is cheered despite not always acting as a face in the ring. The problem though is that he either has no, or is showing no, charisma, charm or wit. Whether he innately has it or got it through his associations with Shawn Michaels in DX HHH always seems to have a lighter side to his character and some personality to work the crowd with.

Randy on the other hand doesn't seem to have this and doesn't appear to really connect with the audience or TV particularly in the way that is necessary for him to be an effectlve face. I still maintain that his character and natural attitude suit being a heel much better and this is the route his character should predominantely go down. You guys agree?

Also, do you think that he needs to be paired with a charismatic face, a la DX, to see this side of him develop. Rated RKO was obviously Randy as a heel I think he needs something different.

If I am talking rubbish I apologise - while I have been watching wrestling for around 10 years on and off (since it was on C4 back in 2000) I have not been so much recently until around the start of 2011.

Thoughts?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Do WWE want Orton to be the new Triple H? Empty Re: Do WWE want Orton to be the new Triple H?

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

I don't see any real similarities with Orton and HHH to be honest although I can see what your saying, I think although Orton was being cheered as a heel it was mainly in two feuds with faces a lot of fans are/where sick of in HHH/Cena hogging the World Title and saw him as an ulternative, turning him face for me was the right thing to do but having a respectful realationship with Cena hasnt done him favours

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Do WWE want Orton to be the new Triple H? Empty Re: Do WWE want Orton to be the new Triple H?

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 24 Mar 2011, 8:44 am

I think in Randy Orton's case it was more WWE wanting him to be the new Stone Cold Steve Austin rather than the new Triple H. They both became faces due to the crowd taking to them and they both pretty much maintained their heel character as babyfaces.

There are big differences between the two though. One is that Stone Cold had a strong heel - Vince McMahon - to cement his turn and Randy Orton had......Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase.

Since Orton 'turned face' he's been involved in zero memorable feuds, and even had to resort to playing second fiddle to John Cena in his series with Wade Barrett, even though he was WWE champion. In fact Orton's never been anything other than the #2 guy on RAW ever since his turn. Austin was never presented as being below anyone in the pecking order.

Another thing is promos. Stone Cold was a hell of a story teller, it all just seemed to flow out from him, it was natural. Orton on the other hand seems too forced. You can argue that during Austin's time there was more freedom for the wrestlers with regards promos, whereas nowadays everything's scripted, but Orton is a big enough star to be able to alter his promo to suit him so it sounds like it's actually him saying it, not being read off a bit of paper.

Some people will argue that Orton's got no charisma but I disagree. Look at his run as the 'Legend Killer', he was damn charismatic then and got over as a cool, cocky heel so much so that fans started to like him and WWE rushed his babyface turn. His parody of Shawn Michaels during the Rated RKO-DX feud showed that he could be pretty funny too.

It just seems that WWE have dropped the ball with Orton. I genuinely thought he could have been a huge babyface, but with all the things that WWE got right with Stone Cold, they've ballsed up with Randy Orton.

Bringing in his 'family' to show he's got a more human side to him - I assume that's what they're trying to do here - won't do him any favours either, especially when it's a Playboy model and God knows whose child that are playing his wife & daughter. Unless you're actually going use Orton's real-life wife and child, don't bother trying to 'humanise' him.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:13 am

Orton has always came across as too forced, he feels the need to say 20 words when two would do, Orton over complicates it too often

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dashing One Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:34 am

Also why does he have to twitch and move his head about like a nutter?

The Dashing One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:36 am

I've always saw the comparison with Austin but I also think he tries to hard to be Jake Roberts

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down