The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye Official Statement RE: Munich

+17
Super D Boon
Adam D
tcribb
School Project
TopHat24/7
mystiroakey
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Steffan
Nico the gman
Rowley
OasisBFC
Noble-Surfer
Gentleman01
The Galveston Giant
ShahenshahG
azania
JabMachineMK2
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Haye Official Statement RE: Munich - Page 2 Empty David Haye Official Statement RE: Munich

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 16:19

First topic message reminder :

Source : http://www.hayemaker.com/news/article/223/david-haye-official-statement-re-munich.aspx

"It is with regret that I feel I have to issue this statement to clarify certain matters, following an unfortunate incident that occurred on Saturday night (February 18) in Munich, Germany at the Vitali Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora post-fight press conference.

I was in Munich to watch the WBC world heavyweight title bout between Klitschko and Chisora and provide punditry for BoxNation, and accredited as such.

During the post-fight press conference, I was stood at the back of the room. It wasn't until Bernd Bonte said my name and involved me in the press conference that I commented. I was then happy to banter back and forth with Bonte and Klitschko, keen to ascertain whether he (Vitali) would stay true to his word and reiterate his desire to do what his younger brother couldn't do - knock me out. I felt as though the public would want to hear more information about this potential bout and that we could both start beating the drum ahead of a showdown later this year.

However, at this point Chisora began firing insults at me from his position on the top table. In fact, he has recently made a habit of saying derogatory things about me in the press.

Moments before declaring he wanted to go face-to-face with me, Chisora assured the gathered media that he would give me 'two slaps'. Chisora had, of course, already been shrouded in controversy that weekend.

Despite this, Chisora climbed down from the top table, removed his robe and then walked towards me, entourage in tow, in an aggressive manner. I held my ground, but, unfortunately, he caused a serious disturbance to occur, something which threatened to damage the reputation of the sport we both love. Regrettably, some members of his entourage also encouraged the chaos.

Nevertheless, Chisora and I soon separated, brushed ourselves down and moved in opposite directions.

The confrontation then reignited, however, and both Don Charles and Adam Booth became involved in the mess. Adam suffered a cut to the head.

Thankfully, it didn't take long for the ruckus to again settle down. It was then that I heard Chisora say he planned to 'shoot me dead'.

I decided to leave the venue and return to my hotel, a move which I hoped would diffuse the situation. However, Chisora's team were staying at the same hotel as me and, in light of the threats Chisora had made in front of the world's media, it seemed far more appropriate for me and Adam to leave the hotel as quickly as possible.

Consequently, I left Munich on an earlier flight on Sunday morning and have been thinking about what happened ever since, as well as replaying the incident many times via YouTube. It goes without saying, I am bitterly disappointed to have been a part of what transpired on Saturday evening.

I realise I am no angel - and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile - but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas. If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.

I also hope Dereck Chisora is able to learn from his mistakes this past weekend, right the wrongs and then go on to fulfil his potential in the boxing ring."

Pretty decent.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

David Haye Official Statement RE: Munich - Page 2 Empty Re: David Haye Official Statement RE: Munich

Post by School Project Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 19:54

Steffan wrote:Haye is just a circus act. He has no place in a boxing ring anymore. Maybe if he had thrown those punches that he did aginst the Chis when he fought Wlad instead of moaning about his little toe then people would respect him more. Instead he turns up, gobs off at everyone. Then decides to punch someone with a bottle in his hand and throw a tripod with an expensive camera (that belonged to someone) harming a member of his own team

Cant believe there are actually people on here who cheered for this disgrace when he fought Wlad

Come off it Stef,

A man who threatens to "give you a slap" walks towards you with his posse surrounding you. Starts getting in your face... what would you do. Haye was provoked and Chisora deserved a slap first. Yes Haye is a loud mouth but worse has happened in boxing than what we saw on the weekend.

Would you look down on those who previously cheered Valeros KO's before he murdered his wife? Or Mayweather before his slapped his missus? Or Calzaghe when he hit his?

School Project

Back to top Go down

David Haye Official Statement RE: Munich - Page 2 Empty Re: David Haye Official Statement RE: Munich

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 20:30

School Project wrote:
Steffan wrote:Haye is just a circus act. He has no place in a boxing ring anymore. Maybe if he had thrown those punches that he did aginst the Chis when he fought Wlad instead of moaning about his little toe then people would respect him more. Instead he turns up, gobs off at everyone. Then decides to punch someone with a bottle in his hand and throw a tripod with an expensive camera (that belonged to someone) harming a member of his own team

Cant believe there are actually people on here who cheered for this disgrace when he fought Wlad

Come off it Stef,

A man who threatens to "give you a slap" walks towards you with his posse surrounding you. Starts getting in your face... what would you do. Haye was provoked and Chisora deserved a slap first. Yes Haye is a loud mouth but worse has happened in boxing than what we saw on the weekend.

Would you look down on those who previously cheered Valeros KO's before he murdered his wife? Or Mayweather before his slapped his missus? Or Calzaghe when he hit his?

Wow, didn't know that bit Shocked

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 20:32

rowley wrote:
Noble-Surfer wrote:

rowley wrote:

Adam think what he is getting at is you can't technically ban Haye because he doesn't currently hold a licence.

Maybe they could ban him from fight venues/ press conferences for a while... force him out of any situation where he can try to steal the limelight?

Although that's not going to work, since then the media wouldn't be able to waste time covering things like this rather than the fights themselves...

Wont be done.

Yeah, I know- as I said. It's just my wishful thinking that common sense might prevail at some point. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 21:00

Noble-Surfer wrote:
rowley wrote:
Noble-Surfer wrote:

rowley wrote:

Adam think what he is getting at is you can't technically ban Haye because he doesn't currently hold a licence.

Maybe they could ban him from fight venues/ press conferences for a while... force him out of any situation where he can try to steal the limelight?

Although that's not going to work, since then the media wouldn't be able to waste time covering things like this rather than the fights themselves...

Wont be done.

Common sense and boxing in the same sentence???? Shocked Shocked

Yeah, I know- as I said. It's just my wishful thinking that common sense might prevail at some point. I'm not getting my hopes up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 21:06

Haha! Fair point!

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 21:35

To me this seems likes a fair statement matching what I viewed on the videos and photographs that I have seen - without going into the punch per punch details, and without admitting any guilt (which the lawyers would have ensured). It would have been excepionally stupid of him to admit to any wrong-doing at this stage of the proceedings when mention of life bans and prison are being made in the media etc. Interesting that this confirms he is ready to come out of retirement to fight Vitali.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 21:36

Chisora doesn't know how to ignore anybody I wish Haye had went step further and booted him in the bollox. Who cares if Haye through the first punch? Chisora will probably get a win over Haye if they fight or at worse have a close pts loss, Haye just isn't boxing at the level he used to.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 21:38

ps The Haye statement also explains why he left Munich earlier than planned - and the explanation seems plausable as well as reasonable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 21:42

I decided to leave the venue and return to my hotel, a move which I hoped would diffuse the situation.
Should have "diffused" his scrotum!! Cool
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 6:50

Personally think it's all a big PR stunt that went just a little bit too far, with Warren complicit also, he was smiling as Chis got up to confront Haye, but he probably didn't expect all hell to break loose.

Agree that Chis' statement certainly is more humble than Haye's who doesn't seem to accept any blame at all.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 7:23

KC wrote:Personally think it's all a big PR stunt that went just a little bit too far, with Warren complicit also, he was smiling as Chis got up to confront Haye, but he probably didn't expect all hell to break loose.

Agree that Chis' statement certainly is more humble than Haye's who doesn't seem to accept any blame at all.

yep off course it was

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 8:24

Chisora's statement is humble and articulate, where as Haye's was arrogant. It did leave me wondering who wrote Chisora's statement for him.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 8:33

bhb001 wrote:Chisora's statement is humble and articulate, where as Haye's was arrogant. It did leave me wondering who wrote Chisora's statement for him.

Wlad?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 8:36

mystiroakey wrote:
KC wrote:Personally think it's all a big PR stunt that went just a little bit too far, with Warren complicit also, he was smiling as Chis got up to confront Haye, but he probably didn't expect all hell to break loose.

yep off course it was

Sorry - why is that so hard to believe?

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 8:36

trottb wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Chisora's statement is humble and articulate, where as Haye's was arrogant. It did leave me wondering who wrote Chisora's statement for him.

Wlad?

laughing

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 9:23

trottb wrote:

Wlad?

clap

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 9:25

bhb001 wrote:
trottb wrote:

Wlad?

clap

Echo the general appreciation on that one, good work trott

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 12:58

Haye is still stirring the brown stuff - he just tweeted this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17105966

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 13:18

Adam D wrote:Haye is still stirring the brown stuff - he just tweeted this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17105966
That link takes one to the BBC report:

"Dr Thomas Putz, president of the Federation of German Professional Boxers, has called for Dereck Chisora to receive a lifelong ban from the sport and vows the Briton will be forbidden from boxing in Germany again.

Putz believes Chisora is "absolutely crazy" and that David Haye was acting in self-defence during their brawl at a news conference in Munich following Chisora's loss to WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, stating he would have "absolutely no problem" with Haye returning to the ring in Germany."

So according to this report "The President of the German Professional Boxers" has found Chisora "guilty" and Haye "innocent" and requests that "Chisora should be banned from boxing in Germany" and "Haye should be welcome to box in Germany". Dr Putz seems like a putz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2