The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Out Cricket's Discussion Of The Week – Should England blood youngsters in the final ODI?

+5
Gregers
Fists of Fury
Mad for Chelsea
Shelsey93
All Out Cricket
9 posters

Go down

All Out Cricket's Discussion Of The Week – Should England blood youngsters in the final ODI? Empty All Out Cricket's Discussion Of The Week – Should England blood youngsters in the final ODI?

Post by All Out Cricket Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:17 pm

Having turned the tables on Pakistan after a dismal Test campaign to open up an unassailable 3-0 lead in the ODI series, we're asking whether England should blood some youngsters in the final match in Dubai.

England have remained unchanged so far in a series they have dominated but with youngsters such as Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow and Danny Briggs waiting in the wings, is this an opportunity to give the next generation some international experience?

You can read All Out Cricket's match preview ahead of the fourth and final ODI on our website:

http://www.alloutcricket.com/betting/england-favourites-for-twenty20-preamble

All Out Cricket

Back to top Go down

All Out Cricket's Discussion Of The Week – Should England blood youngsters in the final ODI? Empty Re: All Out Cricket's Discussion Of The Week – Should England blood youngsters in the final ODI?

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm

I might give Bresnan a run out in place of Anderson but otherwise I'd leave things unchanged

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

All Out Cricket's Discussion Of The Week – Should England blood youngsters in the final ODI? Empty Re: All Out Cricket's Discussion Of The Week – Should England blood youngsters in the final ODI?

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:55 pm

Buttler will most likely be in the T20 side won't he? I must say I'd be tempted to give him a go, but they're no obvious candidates for missing out really. Given Anderson won't play in the T20s I'd keep him in for the last ODI. I would however like to see Briggs given a go to see what he can do. Chances are England will go in unchanged though, all their players are contributing pretty well at the moment and I don't think they look favourably on chopping and changeing just for the sake of it.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:04 pm

One thing I would say is that any chance for our Test batsmen to bat against spin should be taken, so I'd certainly keep the top order unchanged. A winning mentality is very important to a side, so actually, I wouldn't change anything at all. Crush Pakistan mercilessly, if we can, and go some way toward repaying the favour of a whitewash from the Test series.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

Buttler and Briggs have to play IMO, give them some experience against international quality bowlers/batsman away from home.

Drop Kies for Jos and Swann for Briggs

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:43 pm

I can't see England making many changes at all, the management dont tend to change winning sides.

The one change I would be tempted to make is Buttler for Kieswetter, simply because Kieswetter didnt look comfortable in the middle order in the first ODI and he's not been particularly good behind the stumps either. Buttler is considered a better keeper, and is used to batting in the middle order as a finisher, so why not give him a go?

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:06 am

I guess Briggs for Swann wouldn't be the worst move in the world, just as a one off. I'd like to see Kieswetter given another chance in the middle order before we decide to drop him, or even begin thinking about it, for that matter.

It is the batting that I want to see unchanged, the top 5/6, as that is where the experience on these pitches is vital. We simply must go to Sri Lanka better prepared than we were for this UAE Test series.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:48 am

I just think that Jos and Danny need some experience so why not use this match. Since we're not opening with Craig at the moment having Jos at 6 would be advantageous. And Swann could do with a rest.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:24 am

Buttler for Kieswetter
Briggs for Swann
Bresnan for Anderson
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:47 am

So how did we rate the performances of the youngsters then?

Obviously we didn't learn anything new about Buttler, but Dernbach performed admirably after a wayward start, and Briggs bowled very well - good control and variation, if not a lot of turn.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

was very impressed by Briggs, as you say not a great spinner of the ball but excellent variations of flight and pace, never let the batsmen get on top of him. Looks like he has a very good cricket brain, and also was good in the field.

Didn't learn much about Buttler, but he'll have other chances.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:55 am

Buttler will get plenty of chances he is a class player...briggs was impressive on debut...not a big spinner of the ball, but he uses guile and flight to try and bamboozle batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:57 am

Have been calling for Briggs to get his England chance for ages, he bowled really well on debut, he is even better in the 20/20's

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:

Obviously we didn't learn anything new about Buttler,

Well we learnt that he isnt automatically going to score a 6 ball 50 every time he comes out to bat just because half the internet wants to marry him. The way some people bang on about how he MUST be included you may have been forgiven thinking that prior to him proving otherwise.

If hed scored a rapid 50 would we be saying " well we didnt learn anything about him from that " as we all already knew he was the greatest limited overs batsman ever?

Obviously Im using exaggeration to make my point here, but it does show as much about him as anything other single innings in his career will taken in isolation.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

Tend to agree, PSW.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down