The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's the likelihood of this happening

+4
ShahenshahG
rycoys
hampo17
azania
8 posters

Go down

what's the likelihood of this happening Empty what's the likelihood of this happening

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/9096243/Vitali-Klitschko-Dereck-Chisora-still-needs-real-punishment-from-me..html

Given Vitali's disinterest in beating up David Haye after the disrespect shown to the Klitschko family over the last few years, I'm not holding my breath that Dereck Chisora is gonna be on the wrong end of a beating any time soon.
However, I do look forward to hearing that the K Boys have lined up another dangerous British opponent.

Step forward MATT SKELTON

Back to top Go down

what's the likelihood of this happening Empty Re: what's the likelihood of this happening

Post by azania Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:03 pm

More holier than thou claptrap from the over-seers.

azania

Back to top Go down

what's the likelihood of this happening Empty Re: what's the likelihood of this happening

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:12 pm

azania wrote:More holier than thou claptrap from the over-seers.

Physician heal thyself

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:14 pm

Boente has already said that Chisora will not get the chance again.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:19 pm

hampo171 wrote:Boente has already said that Chisora will not get the chance again.

But Vitali wants it...seems to me like the tail is wagging the dog.

Also begs the question whether or not Boente's overly cautious approach to matchmaking has had a negative impact on the K's 'legacy'

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

i just cant understand why vitali v haye isnt sorted , still the biggest draw for the klits in terms of audienceand haye has great chance of winning , that boente is a complete idiot deal all sorted in decemder and then he goes messsing the whole thing up hes just like arum !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:28 pm

Well done you nuthugger dave. You've gone and put into fact what was only a guess.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:39 pm

Surely wouldn't wash would it Dave ? Too one sided the first time around without real drama.

I'd much prefer the big fella get another shot

Step forward the lovely dancer.

AUDLEY HARRISON
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

Tcribb, I've often said that the German fans don't give two hoots who the brothers fight as long as they get to see a win. Also seems clear that with their habit of making fights last, the advertisers won't mind another 12 rounder.

In fact the only people losing out are those wanting to see the K's in a competitive fight.

So you have...
1. vitali wanting to give Chisora a beating
2 German fans prepared to accept anything
3 TV advertisers who will make a few Euros
4 An opponent with the ability to go the distance but not upsetting the K Bros applecart

What appears to be the stumbling block? oh yeah...Bernd Boente

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 8:59 pm

Fair point Dave one I can't argue against mate, doesnt sound as daft when first molted, Chisora with all his antics has managed to get himself as a household name for the time being, however can a sanctioning body sanction a fighter who has lost 3 fights and yet to beat a top 20 fighter?

it's boxing 2012 of course they can !
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
In fact the only people losing out are those wanting to see the K's in a competitive fight.

So what do you think would be a competitive fight? The only name I can think of is Solis. Possibly Povetkin if he's willing to step up.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:05 pm

In fairness to Boente, I would agree with him on this. This isnt a rematch with much mileage. Seems like just going the distance now with the Klitschkos is becoming grounds for a rematch. Would much rather Vitali moved on and fought someone else. Chisora was a barely credible challenger to begin with, and while I think he exceeded expectations and showed he probably belongs at world level, he lost pretty convincingly.

Id like to see Solis back in the ring with a Klitschko sometime and its about time Povetkin had the stones to step up.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:10 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Boente has already said that Chisora will not get the chance again.

But Vitali wants it...seems to me like the tail is wagging the dog.

Also begs the question whether or not Boente's overly cautious approach to matchmaking has had a negative impact on the K's 'legacy'

Cant agree with that for the simple reason that they K2 are better than the rest (except that Haye will KO Vit). Matchmaking is easy. Spin the bottle and where it lands they fight. But they speak with forked tongue. Beonte should take integrity lessons from Arum.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:12 pm

You never know young Huck might upset the applecart and throw his name in the hat this weekend, however not one I'd fancy against either bro.

It's got to be Povetkin if he prevails on Sat, its the only one left.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

In fact if Povetkin wont jump the WBA should push him and force him to fight Wlad. Its one of the few match ups out there that at least gives an illusion of being competitve at heavyweight.

Things dont get much better for Wlad after Mormeck as I believe Tony Thompson is now his mandatory after. Given that he was David Hayes sparring partner and already got knocked by Wlad years ago even the German adoring fans will be hard pressed to get excited over that one.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

Haye gets punished big style off Vitali in my opinion Az.

Haye would do well against a lot of fighters but not the brothers and I've stuck with since before the Wlad fight.

1. He can't slip and parry the jab meaning he can never plant his fight to land his bombs.

2. He needs to shorten his punches and for him to do that he needs Vitali to stop punching for a few seconds,

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

tcribb wrote:Haye gets punished big style off Vitali in my opinion Az.

Haye would do well against a lot of fighters but not the brothers and I've stuck with since before the Wlad fight.

1. He can't slip and parry the jab meaning he can never plant his fight to land his bombs.

2. He needs to shorten his punches and for him to do that he needs Vitali to stop punching for a few seconds,

dont agree with point 1 , haye slipped wlads puches all night incuding wlads jab , the problem was wlad was very quick to step out of range and haye was all over the place in his attack but ive never seen any one make wlad miss the way haye did ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:33 pm

Can't believe another Haye hype train is building since his stunt last week.

Vitali still battered Chisora, just because he didn't do it as emphatically as other fights does not mean he is ready to be KO'ed. And some folk on here have really short memories, especially you AZ.

David Haye us yet to knock anyone out at heavyweight never mind the number 1/2 whatever you want to call him. In fact, Haye had not fought a top 5 heavyweight up until Wlad and he got humiliated and shown to be on a complete lower league to K2.

Haye has only shown us that he can dodge punches well, which is a feat in itself at heavyweight these days.

His mouth gets him the shot, not his talent.

It's a disgrace that this board has been swamped with pointless articles about Haye when the guy doesn't even deserve to be talked about. He is a joke and a loser who seems to think he is some sort of boxing royalty and doesn't have to earn his success but just has to ask for a chance rather that fight for it.

Hollywood must have laughed him back to England just like the English laughed him all the way too Hollywood .

Anyway, Maidana vs Alexander this weekend, now that's more important.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down