The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

klitschko v chisora punch stats

+9
steven24
AlexHuckerby
John Bloody Wayne
BoxingFan88
Gentleman01
oxring
Imperial Ghosty
azania
chris_dior
13 posters

Go down

klitschko v chisora punch stats Empty klitschko v chisora punch stats

Post by chris_dior Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:29 pm

Total Punches thrown/landed

klitschko 605/211

chisora 359/163

Chisora did well but I must say I don't think Vitali is showing signs of slowing down. He threw over 600 punches in that fight. Hardly a sign he is slowing down.

Also to compare this fight to the adamek fight it is a very similer output by vitai. Against adamek vitali threw 608 and landed 230 punches.

If this fight was two random people then fans would look at the score cards and the punches thrown and the fight itself and say it was a pretty one sided fight (although they would give credit to the loser for putting up a decent show). however because it's vitali and we're not used to seeing fighters actually turn up to fight we all of a sudden have a massive shock.

Good fight but a pretty one sided fight.

chris_dior

Back to top Go down

klitschko v chisora punch stats Empty Re: klitschko v chisora punch stats

Post by azania Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:33 pm

Massive shock? I wasn't shocked. I thought it would be closer because Vit is past it. Never was that good in the first place. Lewis made him look better than he was.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:38 pm

Out of interest how many of those 600+ punches were jabs?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_dior Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:40 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Out of interest how many of those 600+ punches were jabs?

landed 57 jabs (threw258) and landed 154 power punches (threw 347).

Pretty weird that vitali landed more power punches than jabs.

chris_dior

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:43 pm

azania wrote:Massive shock? I wasn't shocked. I thought it would be closer because Vit is past it. Never was that good in the first place. Lewis made him look better than he was.

Surely a shock - you did predict Chis to win, after all...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:46 pm

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:Massive shock? I wasn't shocked. I thought it would be closer because Vit is past it. Never was that good in the first place. Lewis made him look better than he was.

Has the clean Cannuk air affected your ability to read or have you been reading French recently? I picked Vit to win. I mentioned a robbery once or twice but my final prediction was Vit to win a close and competitive fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Has the clean Cannuk air affected your ability to read or have you been reading French recently? I picked Vit to win. I mentioned a robbery once or twice but my final prediction was Vit to win a close and competitive fight.

Nah - I didn't see your final prediction - just wanted to remind you of your wavering along the way.

Clean? Nothing like it. The snow falls soot-grey here.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

chris_dior wrote:

It's the power punches that define Vitalis output as he does lead with a fairly lazy jab, a rangefinder instead of a controlling weapon like Wladimir.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_dior Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:53 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
chris_dior wrote:

It's the power punches that define Vitalis output as he does lead with a fairly lazy jab, a rangefinder instead of a controlling weapon like Wladimir.

Do you think a fighter who has thrown over 600 punches in his last 2 fights is showing signs of slowing down? that's a lot of punches he has thrown.

chris_dior

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:55 pm

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Nah - I didn't see your final prediction - just wanted to remind you of your wavering along the way.

Yep I was wavering. I knew Chis would put up a good fight. I also knew Vit was a poor champ. My final prediction was a Vit win in a competitive fight. I was correct.....again! OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:56 pm

I would on first inspection say that the 600+ punches thrown is very misleading, it is probably nearer the 400/450 mark, Vitalis jab is very much like Pacquiaos it's not a full blooded but is used to guage distance and disrupt the opponents offensive arsenal.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_dior Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:01 am

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Yep I was wavering. I knew Chis would put up a good fight. I also knew Vit was a poor champ. My final prediction was a Vit win in a competitive fight. I was correct.....again! OK

Chisora is a very good boxer. The wy he outclassed helinius really impressed me. I ws also impressed by his determination to actually fight klitschko rather than just hide. But i don't think the fight was competative. Klitschko never looked like losing and by round 8 it was impossible for chisora to win as he was so far behind on the judges score cards (on points).

chris_dior

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:03 am

Very true, chris.

I gave it 9-3 - and I think I might have been too generous to Chisora.

Shows how dominant we expect K2 to be that we're praising Chisora's effort and describing it as the hardest Vit has worked since Lewis.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:10 am

I had it 8-4. Chis was good but I believe had to had 6 more fights he would have beaten that version of Vit.

Vit was never that good in the first lace. The Lewis uppercut sealed his legacy imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:11 am

I think it's Chisoras chin Oxy, he went 19 fights without fighting a world level puncher so we all expected it to be cracked by Helenius but it wasn't, didn't really make a dent then Vitali also couldn't make a dent in it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I think it's Chisoras chin Oxy, he went 19 fights without fighting a world level puncher so we all expected it to be cracked by Helenius but it wasn't, didn't really make a dent then Vitali also couldn't make a dent in it.

Neither could Haye...

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

Apparently Klitchsko injured himself so he couldn't throw the left jab as much... That would explain why he threw mostly right hands and still won comfortably.

I don't buy that Haye will beat him, he has a totally different style and while he is faster than Chisora he throws about 7 punches per round....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm

Style wise, a guy without great stamina who fights in bursts would be wise to avoid a tough, strong pressure fighter with a solid chin.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:28 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Style wise, a guy without great stamina who fights in bursts would be wise to avoid a tough, strong pressure fighter with a solid chin.

You're an idiot JBW (in spite of all the evidence in the past to the contrary). Didn't you know that Vitali's chin is a myth built on receiving only 1 punch in the history of his career? (in spite of all the evidence to the contrary).

And it would be easy for Haye to beat him. He'd just have to jab and move and box like Ali. Well within his capabilities (in spite of all the evidence to the contrary) because he will have adapted from the Wlad fight (in spite of the absence of any evidence for this).

Needless to say - I completely agree with your assessment and if the above is a bit pointed at certain opinions - I'm feeling grumpy this evening.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:56 pm

Needless to say Oxy, we do have very little evidence to go on other than that one punch to suggest Vitalis chin is as good as many think, not saying it's not by the way.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:59 pm

azania wrote:I had it 8-4. Chis was good but I believe had to had 6 more fights he would have beaten that version of Vit.

Vit was never that good in the first lace. The Lewis uppercut sealed his legacy imo.

What fight did you watch? Had it 10-2 giving Chis 6th and 8th what rounds did you give to Chisora out of curiosity? Stop trying to burn Vitali as harshly as you can at any opportunity Az... Everyone can see through it...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:27 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Needless to say Oxy, we do have very little evidence to go on other than that one punch to suggest Vitalis chin is as good as many think, not saying it's not by the way.

That he's been only knocked out once, amateur or professional, by a clean kick to the head? He's taken a lot of punches along the way.

That he has never, ever, been knocked down in 1 round of professional boxing.

Now either he is a defensive genius (which he isn't) or he has a reasonable chin.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 1:38 am

I think Del Boy's antics outside the ring in the build up & aftermath will stop him from getting what might have been an immediate crack at a title following a defeat. He made Vitali work and proved he can compete at world level in the fight, just a shame he's a nutter!

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 24 Feb 2012, 7:11 am

Not disputing he hasn't got a strong chin but without the Lewis uppercut don't think we'd rave about it so much.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:04 pm

oxring wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:Style wise, a guy without great stamina who fights in bursts would be wise to avoid a tough, strong pressure fighter with a solid chin.

You're an idiot JBW (in spite of all the evidence in the past to the contrary). Didn't you know that Vitali's chin is a myth built on receiving only 1 punch in the history of his career? (in spite of all the evidence to the contrary).

And it would be easy for Haye to beat him. He'd just have to jab and move and box like Ali. Well within his capabilities (in spite of all the evidence to the contrary) because he will have adapted from the Wlad fight (in spite of the absence of any evidence for this).

Needless to say - I completely agree with your assessment and if the above is a bit pointed at certain opinions - I'm feeling grumpy this evening.

Haha, funnily enough when I said strong pressure fighter with solid chin I was referring to Chisora, but Vitali could fit the mould too.

I don't think anyone can question that Vitali is a tough cookie. Even if it was just that one punch from Lewis he'd taken it'd be enough for me to believe it, but I don't see anything to suggest he's in the Chuvalo/Mccall league of iron heads, and that's to his credit because he doesn't rely on his chin like those guys did.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:20 pm

Think you're bang on as well ref: Haye-Chisora.

Stylistically, Chisora does a lot that will give Haye trouble. He has shown that a range-controlling jab gives him trouble - and really is key to beating him. Haye seldom uses his jab and it isn't a dominant weapon. Haye likes to lead with powerful hooks. Chisora has a decent, tight guard and good head movement.

Haye's footwork is good - but he can't float around the ring. Chisora, realistically could catch him on numerous occasions. Haye's bursts might pick him up rounds in the minds of the gullible and foolish - but it will be Chisora who is doing all the pressing. There's enough stylistically to pick Chisora.

Frankly - I hope the fight does happen. Chis was a pretty hefty underdog on the bookmakers when it was mooted - now I don't gamble - but I might shelve my principles on this one.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

Id probably have to favour Haye in this match up stylistically. I can see the argument that Chisora outworks him but I think his come forward style is suited to how Haye likes to operate at heavyweight.

We probably have to bear in mind that a 40y Vitali is the best "mover" Chisora has faced so far. And even then he was picked off an awful lot coming in.

Haye will both be quicker and more inclined to sit on the back foot and use the rinf than Vitali. Chisora has looked reasonably quick against huge heavyweights like Hellenius and Vitali but I think he will have much less success and much less of a target against Haye. He wont have to worry about getting by a jab but he will have to worry about catching up with Haye and avoiding being caught by shot coming in. I would guess hes not successful enough at coming forward against a more elusive Haye.

Theres obviously other factors to consider like how much Hayes lack of activity has factored and Im guessing Chisora will face a minimun of a year ban at the least so its not a fight I ever see happening. But going off what I have seen from both atheavyweight I like Haye in this one.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 24 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Not disputing he hasn't got a strong chin but without the Lewis uppercut don't think we'd rave about it so much.

Not the fact he has never been put down in his career no?

Sanders also had Vitali wobbled aswell.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

Vitali is a great fighter, but he fights people only who compliments his own style, he should fight Fury to prove he warrants a legacy.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Vitali is a great fighter, but he fights people only who compliments his own style, he should fight Fury to prove he warrants a legacy.

I agree, to be honest i'll not be convinced with either brother until they are willing to take on lairy Terry from my local boozer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:05 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Id probably have to favour Haye in this match up stylistically. I can see the argument that Chisora outworks him but I think his come forward style is suited to how Haye likes to operate at heavyweight.

We probably have to bear in mind that a 40y Vitali is the best "mover" Chisora has faced so far. And even then he was picked off an awful lot coming in.

Haye will both be quicker and more inclined to sit on the back foot and use the rinf than Vitali. Chisora has looked reasonably quick against huge heavyweights like Hellenius and Vitali but I think he will have much less success and much less of a target against Haye. He wont have to worry about getting by a jab but he will have to worry about catching up with Haye and avoiding being caught by shot coming in. I would guess hes not successful enough at coming forward against a more elusive Haye.

Theres obviously other factors to consider like how much Hayes lack of activity has factored and Im guessing Chisora will face a minimun of a year ban at the least so its not a fight I ever see happening. But going off what I have seen from both atheavyweight I like Haye in this one.

I think it largely depends on if Haye can hurt Chisora. Against Fury who's massive if not great, Helenius who's heavy handed if nothing else and Vitali who holds the highest KO% of any heavyweight champ he took some clean shots on the jaw but never once looked hurt. I look at that and see him swarming all over Haye in the second half of the fight.

Then I remember the way Haye backed up throughout round 1 against Ruiz then STOP, BOOM and suddenly I'm not so sure Chisora could handle it. It could be as simple as Haye early or Chisora late. I favour Chisora but I can see why others would lean towards Haye.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 24 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Id probably have to favour Haye in this match up stylistically. I can see the argument that Chisora outworks him but I think his come forward style is suited to how Haye likes to operate at heavyweight.

Maybe Manos - but Haye has always needed room to get his punches off. His footwork's ok - but he doesn't really have a range-controlling jab.

If I were planning for Chisora - I'd want him to be in close to Haye for practically the whole fight - the head in chest close that he was against helenius. Its a style we've never really seen Haye deal with.

Lots of people are saying that Helenius' power is a "myth" after the Chisora fight - I'm not so sure. Some of the former champs who Helenius beat - like Peter and Brewster - have always said that they hadn't been hit as hard by anyone before Helenius. Helenius couldn't make a dent in Chisora's chin - partly because Chisora appears to have quite a solid nonce - but also because Chisora never gave him the space to exert leverage into his punches.

Now Haye is much, much quicker than Helenius - so I can see why people might pick him. And as JBW said - its all very well for chisora to press - but if, as against Ruiz - Haye's power is enough to get his respect - the fight could be very different.

In terms of level of achievement - there's no question - Haye is the superior fighter - and there are plenty of decent arguments to say that Haye wins this one. But a low output fighter is always going to struggle with a high output fighter if he can't implement his game plan.

Haye will almost certainly be a favourite with the bookmakers - maybe with some justification.

As you said - sadly - this looks like a fight we may never see the outcome of.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:02 pm

oxring wrote:

Maybe Manos - but Haye has always needed room to get his punches off. His footwork's ok - but he doesn't really have a range-controlling jab.

If I were planning for Chisora - I'd want him to be in close to Haye for practically the whole fight - the head in chest close that he was against helenius. Its a style we've never really seen Haye deal with.

Lots of people are saying that Helenius' power is a "myth" after the Chisora fight - I'm not so sure. Some of the former champs who Helenius beat - like Peter and Brewster - have always said that they hadn't been hit as hard by anyone before Helenius. Helenius couldn't make a dent in Chisora's chin - partly because Chisora appears to have quite a solid nonce - but also because Chisora never gave him the space to exert leverage into his punches.

Now Haye is much, much quicker than Helenius - so I can see why people might pick him. And as JBW said - its all very well for chisora to press - but if, as against Ruiz - Haye's power is enough to get his respect - the fight could be very different.

In terms of level of achievement - there's no question - Haye is the superior fighter - and there are plenty of decent arguments to say that Haye wins this one. But a low output fighter is always going to struggle with a high output fighter if he can't implement his game plan.

Haye will almost certainly be a favourite with the bookmakers - maybe with some justification.

As you said - sadly - this looks like a fight we may never see the outcome of.

I think we now have to reconsider the Hellenius/Chisora fight and what can be taken from it. From what I have been reading Hellenius was far from 100%. Now I know its quite often the case the fighters pick up small niggling injuries and are rarely 100% in the ring, and in some cases use injury as an excuse for an underwhelming performance. But supposedly Hellenius had serious issues with his shoulder and has to undergo surgery as well as partial reconstruction of his collarbone. The fight should not have gone ahead. According to his father, Hellenius was pushed into the fight by his promoters (probably because they knew anything other a Chisora KO would see him win). So maybe all was not what it first appeared in that one.

Despite that, I think Chisora has a good chin and I wouldnt be surprised to see the a fight with Haye go the distance. My biggest issue would be the kind of success Chisora could expect getting close to Haye and pinning him down. He hasnt got a Klitschko style ramrod ab and he hasnt got Valuevs sheer bulk. But hes reasonably fast. I say reasonably because I still think Haye has a significant speed advantage in nearly all departments. If Chisora can manage to pressure Haye and swarm him then hes every chance of winning, but I just dont see him having the speed or movement to do that. Haye has his own weaknesses of course and punch volume would probably be a concern but I think he remains an elusive enough target and is able to catch Chisora in enough ambushes and bursts here and there to win. Wouldnt neccessarily by KO unless Chisora walks onto a real bomb but I just suspect Chisora wont be able to find him often enough and the cleaner work coming from Haye would see him win.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:24 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
azania wrote:I had it 8-4. Chis was good but I believe had to had 6 more fights he would have beaten that version of Vit.

What fight did you watch? Had it 10-2 giving Chis 6th and 8th what rounds did you give to Chisora out of curiosity? Stop trying to burn Vitali as harshly as you can at any opportunity Az... Everyone can see through it...

Huh? I have one of the first 4 rounds to Chisora. 2 in the mid stages and the last round if I recall correctly.

See through what? I dont rate him that highly but on another thread I did say top 20 ATG with his brother higher. Strickly boxing.

Why do you hate Chisora so much?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 24 Feb 2012, 5:03 pm

azania wrote:Why do you hate Chisora so much?

Thought he was just being realistic to be honest.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down