The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabo exodus, Greed, Life Style or a Higher Level of Rugby?

+17
glamorganalun
CurlyOsp
Cari
Steffan
LondonTiger
B91212
BigTrevsbigmac
HongKongCherry
Welshmushroom
bedfordwelsh
profitius
RuggerRadge2611
Impossible Standards
Feckless Rogue
ScarletSpiderman
Cardiff Dave
HERSH
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rabo exodus, Greed, Life Style or a Higher Level of Rugby? - Page 2 Empty Rabo exodus, Greed, Life Style or a Higher Level of Rugby?

Post by HERSH Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Why are the Welsh players turning their backs on the Rabo?

Is it just greed, life style or do they want a better level of rugby on which to test their skills?

This can only lead to big problems for the Regions and Wales IMO.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Rabo exodus, Greed, Life Style or a Higher Level of Rugby? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabo exodus, Greed, Life Style or a Higher Level of Rugby?

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 23 Feb 2012, 3:02 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Congratulations.

This was a dumb article by HERSH (no surprise) but an even dumber reply. I can only guess that you must have turned down any pay rises ever offered to you?

PS most dictionaries (sp?) I checked agree with this definition:

"An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth"

I dont exactly know how you jumped to the conclusion that I have not based a desicion on Greed. I have. Millions of People do every day. Infact Capaitalism is pretty much based round this. Greed is not a filthy word my friend, its socially acceptable. Its also a common part of human behaviour.

"Yes its still Greed - Wanting more than you currently have is the textbook definition."

How is this a textbook definition of greed?
It isn't.

No not textbook - This is though "An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth".

We are splitting hairs though at this point. The point I originally made still stands - its still Greed which in most cases is a deciding factor. I'm not having a go at the players here, its the society we live in.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Rabo exodus, Greed, Life Style or a Higher Level of Rugby? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabo exodus, Greed, Life Style or a Higher Level of Rugby?

Post by Adam D Thu 23 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

Gethin Jenkins was offered a contract that was 40% less than he's currently making. If your employer wanted to keep you in your job but wanted you to take a 40% pay cut to do the same job, you'd think twice too.

He's a professional sportsman and he has a value and that value is what clubs are prepared to pay him and clearly French clubs were prepared to pay him more!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2