The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook/Hatton Media work out day yesterday

+5
TopHat24/7
manos de piedra
Adam D
steven24
thecornerstool
9 posters

Go down

Brook/Hatton Media work out day yesterday Empty Brook/Hatton Media work out day yesterday

Post by thecornerstool Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:25 pm

Pics and a write up at http://www.thecornerstool.co.uk

We are also now on facebook for those interested https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/216400245121365/

Yesterday Kell Brook opened the doors of St Thomas Boys Club, Sheffield to give the media a glimpse of his preparations running up to his clash with Matthew Hatton at the Motorpoint Arena on the 17th March. The clash between the top two Welterweights in Britain is looking like it could be one of the most important domestic fights in recent times with the winner putting themselves in good stead for a world title fight.

Brook (26-0-18 KOs) has been training hard for what he has confessed as his hardest fight yet and has spent part of his training preparations in the heat of Fuertaventura, Spain. Without a doubt it will be a hot affair in what is looking like a sold out home fight for ‘Special K’ at theMotorpoint arena in the battle labelled “war of the roses”. The WBA inter-continental welterweight title and IBF international title are also on the line as well as the bragging rights and label of Britains number 1.

Brook will go into the fight as favourite and after beating Luis Galarza in his last meeting in Atlantic City will be looking to use a win to push him onto the international scene. The 25 year old is not looking past this fight just yet though and knows he will be in for no easy night against Hatton (42-5-2-16 KOs). Hatton will be looking to use his experience in what is his 50th fight as well as his undoubted skill and courage to battle through and show that he is worthy of another title shot. Prior to his last fight against Andrei Abramenka he had fought Saul Alvarez for the WBC light middleweight title in what was a brave performance from the Stockport born fighter. Giving away weight against the rising star Alvarez he put in a never-say-die performance showing that he was worthy of been on the world stage.

Brook will be looking for a big 2012 in sport and in life in a year that has already seen him become a father. Hatton has warned Brook of the strains of training and been a father although Brook doesnt look to be showing any such pressure and is looking in his usual great condition in the lead up. I predict a Brook win but I believe it will not be the walk over many are expecting. Certainly, I can see Hatton going the distance.

With all the recent bad press for British boxing it is great to see fights like this happening and it is also pleasing to see a mutual respect between Brook and Hatton. Both are ready to do there talking in the ring rather than hyping up the fight with smack talk and put downs.

The undercard on the night also looks very tasty with Barry Mcguigan managed Carl Frampton looking to get another win under his belt in what is set to be an interesting year for him too. There will also be another juicy one between Brooks’ training partner Adnan Amar and Lee Purdy, who will be looking to get back to winning ways after losing his British title to Colin Lynes. Amar (25-1-7 KOs) will be up for this one and will fancy his chances against Purdy (16-3-1-9 KOs) in this challenge for the vacant English welterweight title.

thecornerstool

Back to top Go down

Brook/Hatton Media work out day yesterday Empty Re: Brook/Hatton Media work out day yesterday

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

Does anybody care about this fight?

steven24

Back to top Go down

Brook/Hatton Media work out day yesterday Empty Re: Brook/Hatton Media work out day yesterday

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

I think its a very good article - thanks for posting OK

As to Steven's rather rude repost, I think it will be an interesting fight to see how Kell has improved and also how he copes in the US.

This could be an important fight for him and if he wins in a spectacular fashion, it could be a fight to care about a lot.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

I think Hatton is a game fighter but I wouldnt really agree he belongs at world level. I just hope Hatton can provide him with a good test and the ref doesnt stop it the first time Brook lands a punch.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

Adam D wrote:I think its a very good article - thanks for posting OK

As to Steven's rather rude repost, I think it will be an interesting fight to see how Kell has improved and also how he copes in the US.

This could be an important fight for him and if he wins in a spectacular fashion, it could be a fight to care about a lot.

Hardly rude mate, i think it's a bum fight, Brook is a talented fighter who isn't stepping up, in 2011 he once against boxed past it punchbags like Ndou, Hatton is garbage and won't test him, Brook by wide ud or stoppage

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

Yes. Decent step up for Brook and is he can do what Canelo couldn't and put Hatton away it'll make a great statement.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:02 pm

Should be a decent fight im looking forward to it, i think it will give us a better yardstick to judge Brook than all his other fights put together.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:11 pm

It's definitely a step in the right direction for Kell, I'm not sure how anyone can doubt that. He should win and he should win comfortably but it's still a good move and a tougher fight than his previous.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:52 pm

Brook will win. Hatton has a good chin but other than that doesnt bring a lot to the table

Brook by UD

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 22 Feb 2012, 4:56 pm

I agree with Steffan

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

First time ever...but thanks Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down