The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

+17
Waingro
Imperial Ghosty
Steffan
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Lance
TRUSSMAN66
KingMonkey
AlexHuckerby
The Sweet Science UK
superflyweight
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
hampo17
bhb001
Rowley
johnson2
tommyhearnsprodigalson
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th  Empty Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Right then guys its been announced that Kell Brooks opponent will be Mathew hatton

What are peoples thoughts on it, me personally i think it will be a good test for brook as M.Hatton is at least european level, which is the kind of level Brook needs to be dispatching in order to move onto to world honours.

How does everything see this going? is anyone going to go? i think it will be a late stoppage for the special K

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th  Empty Re: Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

Post by johnson2 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Bit of a step back for Kell. Needs to be pushing on and fighting in eliminators for belts, not trash like Hatton.

Brook by wide UD, 120 - 107

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th  Empty Re: Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

Post by Rowley Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Its not a fight that massively gets the blood pumping but is not too bad I guess, Hatton did go the distance with Alvarez at a weight he is probably not too comfortable at so if Kell can stop him at his best weight there is some sort of statement in that.

Do think Hatton is tailor made for Kell to look good against, like most Ingle fighters he does like guys who come forward who you don't tend to have to go looking for and you have to believe Matthew will do just that, couple that with the fact he does not possess concussive power and you have to think Kell should beat him pretty well and look the part doing so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 am

Agree generally with Alma, but I also roll my eyes when I hear that some decent boxer from the UK is saying that he wants to fight P4P legends and then promptly fights an unknown from Unknownsville. People lap it up as that person is the next big thing and he's done nothing, but sold tickets to his next dull, safe fight

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 am

Probably I should cut down on the caffiene. Sorry

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 am

I like Mathew Hatton, worked hard when he was younger on the undercards of Ricky, and I personally think Warren should have given him a chance to shine in his own right. Not sure calling him trash is the right thing to do, infact it makes that poster seem daft.

However Kell wins this one.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:26 am

Bhb, Brook hasn't said he wants to fight p4p legends, though. He openly admits that he wants to build up slowly, gain experience of every fighting style and ensure that he is 100% ready when he does step up for a world title.

Fair play, in my opinion, and a wise way to do it as opposed to say Cleverly. Brook also openly admits that there is no chance of a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight, and doesn't start telling everyone that he wants to fight them.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:27 am

Alma with Brook am not sure it is a case of him not being ready as outside of Manny and Floyd think you'd not have too much to worry about matching him with anyone at welter, think it is more a case of building him a profile. He was very inactive under Warren for whatever reason and had not fought in his hometown for 6 years or something. Think they have been trying to address this and build him a fanbase so when he does go for world title honours there is a chance of getting it over here which they can only do if it makes financial sense.

Do think though that once this one is out of the way there are no real excuses not to get the title shot as his support in Sheffield is developing nicely, he is getting talked about and has been busy enough to have shaken off any ring rust or such like, also he is in his mid 20s now should be as ready as he is likely to get.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 am

Ignore posted on wrong thread

Last edited by rowley on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:30 am

Can see Brook winning virtually every minute of every round here. It's 120-108 on the cards or a late stoppage for 'Special K.' Hatton is made to order for him.

It's a decent enough opponent, I suppose, though I'd have preferred someone with a little more experience at world level.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:31 am

I wasn't thinking of Brook while I was writing that to be honest. It was just a general peed off comment about a few people over the last few years really. Aplogies to Mr Brook in case he reads this.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 am

The encouraging thing is that Brook is now fighting regularly and should have two more fights in him this year following the Hatton fight. I think that 2013 will be Kell's year and 2012 should be ablut lining him up. A fight in the summer against somebody like Clottey would be a step in the right direction.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:38 am

I think it's a poor decision to fight Hatton who is a European level fighter; what does Brook gain by beating him? It doesn't put him in the frame for a world title shot.

Brook should be looking at the likes of Mike Jones, Senchenko, Malignaggi and Clottey. Hell even a Shane Mosley or Carlos Quintana.

Warren said that he offered Brook an IBF title shot and Matthew Hatton a year or however long ago; so if this is true Brook hasn't really gone anywhere. Maybe he's got a little more exposure but that's about it.

Disappointed by this choice. Hatton is tailor made for Brook and I expect Brook to win via a late stoppage. Possibly a pre-mature stoppage.

But if Brook & Eddie Hearn believe he's as good as they say is; he should be looking at a higher class than Matthew Hatton.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 am

The Sweet Science UK wrote:

Warren said that he offered Brook an IBF title shot and Matthew Hatton a year or however long ago; so if this is true Brook hasn't really gone anywhere. Maybe he's got a little more exposure but that's about it.

It is amazing how many great fights Warren can line up for fighters who leave him, can only wish he could weave such similar magic with those who it is still his job to secure fights for.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:44 am

rowley wrote:
The Sweet Science UK wrote:

It is amazing how many great fights Warren can line up for fighters who leave him, can only wish he could weave such similar magic with those who it is still his job to secure fights for.

I'm aware of that but you can see where I'm coming from. Other than getting a more exposure; it doesn't feel as though Brook has really moved forward since leaving Warren. I believe he will do but I just think this was a great opportunity for Brook to line up a bigger name and really put himself on the map; beating Matthew Hatton doesn't do it I'm afraid.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:51 am

I would have to disagree in saying he has not moved forward, is fighting more regularly and the buzz around him on forums like this has definitely increased, also his support in his own town is really growing, his two fights before the one in the states were both in Sheffield in progressively bigger venues and this one is in a 12,000 seat arena. Appreicate the opponent is a bit disappointing as I acknowledged earlier but do think this is about building the name and his bargaining power when it does come time to make a title shot, which hopefully will be next time round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:05 am

Think this is ok, I will repeat there is NO chance he will fight Clottey at any stage who is NOT a WW anymore.

Am a tad dissappointed I suppose the likes of Berto and Ortiz are busy, Senchenko probably wouldn't want to come to the table as he knows he would get his arris handed to him and Mike Jones was unlikely to be put in with him, it may not have made financial sense for someone like Malignaggi also, we do not know, this may be the best he could get at the time.

Would have preferred to see someone of a slightly better calibur than this, but can't seriously complain I guess.

Brook and VERY easily, could see Hatton being stopped late, but mind you he didn't half take Alvarez's shots well.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 am

The opponent isn't THAT disappointing, it's about right if you ask me. Matthew Hatton is experienced, durable and European level. He'll fight with that bit extra too what with the occasion so I expect Kell to have to really earn this win. Looking forward to it.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:00 am

Good matchup while he waits for something bigger.....

Hatton has heart but I can't see how he can expect anything but a hard night..

Like Kell Brook.....(Like Kelly lebrock better)..think in two years time he'll be the best brit out there..Has everything...

Just hope his promoter gets him the big fights....

Think he probably beats Manny now!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:11 am

should be a decent fight. i got a feeling this could turn out to be a tougher fight than most people expect it to be for brook. when was the last time he was in a fight against a guy who really thought he was gonna win and was willing to fight to the end. hatton is still very hungry and i expect him to be competitive. having said that i think brook will come through this and be better off for it. he needs more tests and i hope he goes forward not backwards after this one.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:14 am

You think it will be a tough fight???

Not sure..think Hatton is past it and is much too one dimensional..

However he has heart and will give his all and at least we know he'll have someone game...

Hope Brook gets Khan later in the year...think he'll beat him..

hopefully ...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You think it will be a tough fight???

Not sure..think Hatton is past it and is much too one dimensional..

However he has heart and will give his all and at least we know he'll have someone game...

Hope Brook gets Khan later in the year...think he'll beat him..

hopefully ...

yeah i think it will be kells toughest fight yet. i dont think hes even needed to hit top gear against anybody yet, but he wont be able to coast against hatton at any time. he will come through it but u think it could be a bit of a war at some point in the fight

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 am

hey it's all about opinions and I hope it's a close fight...

But for me we've got a multi-dimensional fighter at the top of his game against a decent old war-horse who isn't....

I thought Tyson would batter Holy so I'm not an expert on prediction..

But I'll be surprised if it's close...

Brook seems to have everything including a chin.....

Haven't seen anything with his quality since 89 when I came here!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:41 am

Pity as we've all been hearing of Brook stepping up but he still isn't! I don't see this as a step up from Lovemore N'dou or Jacewicz (probably wrong) - the US debut I can accept as it is just to put his name out there, but Matt Hatton being this "big name opponent" Hearn keeps waffling on about is tiresome. He last fought on Eurosport and looked terrible! Unless he is doing this just because Khan was gearing up on the fight then it is a huge disappointment and I really am not excited for this one bit

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:43 am

Who do you want him to fight????..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:57 am

Mike Jones is a fight i would take because he is a big scalp and a decent challenge that would raise his stock in the US. Though Jones can't sell tickets he is decently well known.

Senchenko as he is a champ yet i doubt he would leave Ukraine

Shane Mosely, Malignaggi, even Zaveck as he was former champ and gave Berto a good scrap and Aydin and Lujan also a better opponents

The welterweight division is so full of talent i just think Hatton is scraping the barrell and a poor excuse of a step up fight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:09 am

Mosely and Malignaggi.......you're joking!!

One can't punch and is finished....and the other is half dead...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:13 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mosely and Malignaggi.......you're joking!!

One can't punch and is finished....and the other is half dead...

Malignaggi is the proverbial "gatekeeper" if you bet him you're good enough to challenge for a world title; beating Hatton does nothing more than add another W on his record. It doesn't put him in the frame for a title shot, a win against a Maliganaggi/Mosley would.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:14 am

Malignaggi is a skilled boxer who is a very popular boxer in new york so that would make huge sense, and as for Mosely i think its unfair to say its a poor move when his last opponent was the supposed p4p no.1 ??? and again would raise Kells profile alot more than euro level at best hatton

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:17 am

He's a punk that stinks out arenas..If I were a promoter I wouldn't touch him...besides every Brit he's faced has stopped him!!!

Mosley is punch drunk Mate..listen to him...

Hatton is good for entertainment...has name recognition, puts bums on seats and will try!!!!

Good enough for now...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:27 am

Mike Jones would be a mega fight. Would it love that fight to happen this year

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:29 am

Would it love....

Is that addressed to me!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Would it love....

Is that addressed to me!! Cool

What? Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 am

brook isnt a big enough name to fight malignaggi yet.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 am

On another thread I thought you were admitting to being Clev's girl friend..

and now you wanted a change!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:36 am

Paulie is a big name now????....He's boring and gets slapped....Brook is unbeaten and flying up the rankings!!

Like saying Berbick was too big for Tyson..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 am

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Mike Jones is a fight i would take because he is a big scalp and a decent challenge that would raise his stock in the US. Though Jones can't sell tickets he is decently well known.

Shane Mosely, Malignaggi, even Zaveck as he was former champ and gave Berto a good scrap and Aydin and Lujan also a better opponents

The welterweight division is so full of talent i just think Hatton is scraping the barrell and a poor excuse of a step up fight

Availability is the issue, Jones isn't going anywhere near Brook until he's had his title shot, he has far too much to lose in a non title bout. It takes two to tango.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:43 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Paulie is a big name now????....He's boring and gets slapped....Brook is unbeaten and flying up the rankings!!

Like saying Berbick was too big for Tyson..

he may be boring and i suspect brook would KO him, but paulie does get himself attention and with no title on the line theres no way he will be fighting brook. hes managed to keep his name well profiled by fighting talked about guys and well known name. brook isnt one yet, other than in england

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:44 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:On another thread I thought you were admitting to being Clev's girl friend..

and now you wanted a change!! Cool

I get you now Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:45 am

Brook will school Hatton who is not in his class I think he will knock him out.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:51 am

Me too Wainy!!! Any how Man City and home await!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:11 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Mike Jones is a fight i would take because he is a big scalp and a decent challenge that would raise his stock in the US. Though Jones can't sell tickets he is decently well known.

Availability is the issue, Jones isn't going anywhere near Brook until he's had his title shot, he has far too much to lose in a non title bout. It takes two to tango.

I know what you're saying but Jones is just fighting on undercards and has not got the fanbase to headline a show with the guys he's currently fighting so i think he would like the chance to fight Brook as headline; perhaps for vacant IBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Me too Wainy!!! Any how Man City and home await!!!

You get to play us in the final if you beat Liverpool and we come back against Palace in the second legg Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:15 am

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:

I know what you're saying but Jones is just fighting on undercards and has not got the fanbase to headline a show with the guys he's currently fighting so i think he would like the chance to fight Brook as headline; perhaps for vacant IBF

Brook can't make a fight for the vacant IBF title happen, it is something Jones would need to push for and think he goes for a far easier option than Brook.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's a punk that stinks out arenas..If I were a promoter I wouldn't touch him...besides every Brit he's faced has stopped him!!!

Mosley is punch drunk Mate..listen to him...

Hatton is good for entertainment...has name recognition, puts bums on seats and will try!!!!

Good enough for now...

Stinks out arenas??? the guy is loved in New York and is huge in the Italian-American community so i don't buy that remark as he sells, and surely a show in New York is better that staying in Sheffield? (Though it is copying Khans path)

I agree mosely is welllll past it but he still is a huge name worldwide and would be an amazing scalp for Kell, rather than Hatton who is unknown in the US apart from perhaps being known as rickys brother who Canelo beat up

And i don't think Hatton is good entertainment, yes he's a tryer, but he's slow, lathargic and cannot put punches together. Its going to be a Lovemore N'dou repeat!! and its apt that Hatton and n'Dou fought to a draw, highlights the gulf tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:23 am

Far prefer the Hatton match up to a Mosley one.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:23 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:

Brook can't make a fight for the vacant IBF title happen, it is something Jones would need to push for and think he goes for a far easier option than Brook.

Well Jones is 28 now and I can't see him getting any huge fights unless he hurries up and he's surely going to have to fight a world class opponent at some stage

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:25 am

He'll at least want to get his hands on a world title without the risk of losing to Brook, a fight that could potentially derail his whole career.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Far prefer the Hatton match up to a Mosley one.

Yes but i'm thinking in the US, where Kell needs to raise his stock. Who is going to give a monkeys toss about this fight in America - Mosely on the other hand would make the fight a big one and maybe somewhere bigger than Sheffield!

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Far prefer the Hatton match up to a Mosley one.

Yes but i'm thinking in the US, where Kell needs to raise his stock. Who is going to give a monkeys toss about this fight in America - Mosely on the other hand would make the fight a big one and maybe somewhere bigger than Sheffield!

No just no.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next