The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

+17
Waingro
Imperial Ghosty
Steffan
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Lance
TRUSSMAN66
KingMonkey
AlexHuckerby
The Sweet Science UK
superflyweight
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
hampo17
bhb001
Rowley
johnson2
tommyhearnsprodigalson
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th  - Page 2 Empty Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right then guys its been announced that Kell Brooks opponent will be Mathew hatton

What are peoples thoughts on it, me personally i think it will be a good test for brook as M.Hatton is at least european level, which is the kind of level Brook needs to be dispatching in order to move onto to world honours.

How does everything see this going? is anyone going to go? i think it will be a late stoppage for the special K

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:He'll at least want to get his hands on a world title without the risk of losing to Brook, a fight that could potentially derail his whole career.

Well Pac and Money are out of the picture and I can't see him wanting to go to the Ukraine so the IBF is his last hope

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook vs Mathew Hatton March 17th

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:29 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Far prefer the Hatton match up to a Mosley one.

Yes but i'm thinking in the US, where Kell needs to raise his stock. Who is going to give a monkeys toss about this fight in America - Mosely on the other hand would make the fight a big one and maybe somewhere bigger than Sheffield!

No just no.

Explain? You think Hatton vs Brook is bigger that Mosely vs Brook??

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:31 pm

Mosley shouldn't be anywhere near a boxing ring, name or not it would be a disgrace of a fight.

Jones will go for the IBF title but it wont be against Brook, as the number one contender he can opt for a far easier option than that and he will.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

Yes a disgrace, wheras Hatton v Brook is going to be competitive from the first bell to the last is it

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:35 pm

Matthew Hatton hasn't showed signs of mental deterioration.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

Well hatton does 0 media, wheras as Mosely does tons

Tarver has shown numerous signs yet he is a world champ!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6Mdy__yhg
Ironic he is talking of Mosely too

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:41 pm

I forgot Tarver is the highly regarded IBO champion, personally don't think Mosley should still be boxing so wouldn't accept him as an opponent for anyone.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:43 pm

fair enough but i will not conform as i think if he was good enough for Manny in May he's good enough for Brook now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

He wasn't good enough for Manny by a long way which is the major point

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:49 pm

I mean if he was considered a credible opponent for the p4p best then he is surely good enough for Brook

and i'm off to watch the footy now

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:50 pm

If you want to see Brook face a human punchbag with diminishing mental capacity then fair enough.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:02 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:If you want to see Brook face a human punchbag with diminishing mental capacity then fair enough.

Why not. Be exactly the same as his last 26 opponents...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

Ha!

Well played, Sir!

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

Brook looks to have all the tools. And providing his chin is good he really could become a superstar of the sport. But iv been watching the guy for about 6 years now and never once has he fought anyone who has tested him in the slightest. Lovemore N'dou is his biggest name and he looked totally shot. At least your DeGale, Groves, Cleverly, Mitchell, Murray have been in a few scraps which holds you in good stead for the future. For me Brook is the worst for fighting infront of his friends and neighbours at his local town hall against Polands finest punchbag

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:54 pm

mosely may have been poor against pacman but his still a much more dangerous opponent than hatton. brook will take it easy until the right title shot comes along.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Thu 12 Jan 2012, 2:48 am

I'm actually really looking forward to this one. I think it's a tough bout for Brook to take. Hatton's well capable of taking him out of his comfort zone.

I've got a lot of respect for Matthew. I've seen him in a good number of boring fights, but he's a seasoned, durable, underrated pro who could drag Kell into a war.

Kell point or late stoppage, but possibly after a wobble.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:07 am

I think it's an OK fight, not setting the pulses racing but better than seeing him against Pablo stanjjhgjlkxclodh, it's a step up from his last fight but proberly not a step up overall, i've no big problems with it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

Good fight that will get plenty of exposure. Shame it's the diet version of the Ricky Hatton Junior witter bout we wanted a few years back but it'll do nicely. Brook should stop a game Hatton on his feet by the 9th... that's if he wants to make a statement!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:25 am

Have just decided me and TSMR are going, thought I'd share that with you all as I'm sure you were all on tenterhooks waiting for me to decide.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

rowley wrote:Have just decided me and TSMR are going, thought I'd share that with you all as I'm sure you were all on tenterhooks waiting for me to decide.

Tumbleweed

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:28 am

Don't be like that Tina, you know as well as me you'll rest a lot easier armed with that information.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2