The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleverly vs Nurse Tom?

+11
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
TopHat24/7
bhb001
ShahenshahG
88Chris05
Rowley
hampo17
Steffan
School Project
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cleverly vs Nurse Tom? Empty Cleverly vs Nurse Tom?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

Not only is he not fighting the best fighters in the Light Heavy division...

But Nathan has looked into the Health Sector for his next opponent.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171585-karpency-is-nurse-by-day-world-title-challenger-by-night

Cheers for whoever pit this on the "let's change the subject" thread.

Made my day this did.

So what's the thoughts on how all those fighters ranked up to 88th feel that a nurse gets a shot before them?

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Cleverly vs Nurse Tom? Empty Re: Cleverly vs Nurse Tom?

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:14 pm

Think it was me, I think it's a crazy fight but he's a boxer so it's all game!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:20 pm

Got my tickets either way. 8 rows from the ring. Il be too drunk after Wales beating England in rugby to really worry that much about the quality of the fight

RedWine

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

What's the undercard like Stef?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

Lee Selby is on it. Enzo Mac is meant to be as well against the mighty TBA

The quality aint great at all but just nice to watch a bit of live boxing for change. My brother is going and he got all dayer for the rugby and boxing then is on the train to Wembley at 8.30am next day to watch City beat Liverpool Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:58 pm

I'd be surprised if Enzo's fighting Steff, his title fight is in March.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:00 pm

hampo171 wrote:I'd be surprised if Enzo's fighting Steff, his title fight is in March.
Thats what I thought. Its still on BoxRec at the moment though so dont know what to believe

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:03 pm

Fair play if he is having a tune up fight 4 weeks before a British title fight. Looking forward to Saturday hopefully Clev doesn't make it too difficult for himself.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:06 pm

hampo171 wrote:Fair play if he is having a tune up fight 4 weeks before a British title fight
Says on his facebook fan page his is but opponent still not known. Lets hope so

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:17 pm

Steffan wrote:Lee Selby is on it. Enzo Mac is meant to be as well against the mighty TBA

TBA is busier than Peter Buckley, he must be minted by now

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:34 pm

rowley wrote:
Steffan wrote:Lee Selby is on it. Enzo Mac is meant to be as well against the mighty TBA

TBA is busier than Peter Buckley, he must be minted by now

Blatantly ducking the big showdown with Cleverly, though.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:31 pm

TBA would probably be ranked higher than Florence Nightingale Karpency
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:34 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:TBA would probably be ranked higher than Florence Nightingale Karpency
Are you Enzo Maccarinelli by any chance?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

Why? Does Enzo not like Cleverly?

Probably because of the cherry picking. Big Enz never ducked a challenge. Alright he got mangled a few times but he certainly does pack a couple of massive klinkers, no doubt about it.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 23 Feb 2012, 1:18 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Why? Does Enzo not like Cleverly?

Probably because of the cherry picking. Big Enz never ducked a challenge. Alright he got mangled a few times but he certainly does pack a couple of massive klinkers, no doubt about it.
Yeah lots of bad blood between them nowadays. Enzo said Vince Clev has been slating him on social networking sights and that. Vince said Enzo is talking rubbish. Enzo said he gonna smash Nathans face in (its in Youtube). Nathan said there bad blood as Enzo broke his nose in sparring years ago. Clev said he is a different class to Enzo. This been going on since Clev been world champ. I know they like to hype up fights but this does seem genuine. The fight could be this year Clev reckons

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 23 Feb 2012, 1:55 am

If clev does his chin first act he might get clocked but other than that an easy night for clev poor enzos had it

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:53 am

A snore fest of the highest order, followed by Cleverley declaring he's ready to fight Hopkins, Dawson and Froch on consecutive nights then, a couple of months later, settling for yet another nobody that Warren has set him up with. Come on Cleverley. Prove me wrong. Go for a real challenge next time. Beibut Shumenov is well within your capability. And you must fancy Cloud after his last showing!! Either would show intent to fight the best around.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:08 am

Yea the Froch calling will take place this weekend. Even though Warren and big lugs know they would never take it.

My friend works in a care home in Belfast city centre. He said he was offered a shot at Clevery but he is on night shift this weekend so had to duck him. Bloody ducker
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:11 am

Steffan wrote:Got my tickets either way. 8 rows from the ring. Il be too drunk after Wales beating England in rugby to really worry that much about the quality of the fight

RedWine

I would like to be able to take umbrage with that, but I can't, if we keep it within 5 points it'll be a good result Sad

Re the OP, still think this is a joke of a fight and, as I quite like Clev, I really hope he doesn't let Frank ruin his potential by getting him to fight tomato cans for years like he did with Joe.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:15 am

Steffan wrote:Wales beating England in rugby

I am going to this game. Corporate box, East stand. Free drink, free food, and I don't even have to mix with common people.

There is no other reason for me telling you this other than my exceptionally large head.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:21 am

You're a lucky man, Tino.

I always look forward to this game - as an English/Welsh half-breed I can't really lose.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

To be honest the fact Karpency is a nurse is largely irrelevant to me, he would not be the first guy to hold down a job whilst boxing, what should be of greater concern is all the evidence suggests he is really not very good.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

Union Cane wrote:You're a lucky man, Tino.

I always look forward to this game - as an English/Welsh half-breed I can't really lose.

It gets better. One of the guys I am going with is registered as disabled so we can park in the ground, for free. It is great being disabled, you know. He can basically park on anyones front lawn, flash his blue badge and there is nothing you can do about it. He also pays no car tax, despite the fact he is about as wealthy as George Soros.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:39 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

It gets better. One of the guys I am going with is registered as disabled so we can park in the ground, for free. It is great being disabled, you know. He can basically park on anyones front lawn, flash his blue badge and there is nothing you can do about it. He also pays no car tax, despite the fact he is about as wealthy as George Soros.

You're definitely a glass half full type of guy, aren't you. Enjoy the game. thumbsup

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:42 am

Its such a poor match up that Warren will be under pressure to deliver in the Summer. I actually do think genune attempts were made to get Shumenov but for whatever eason it didnt come off.

I think Cleverlys in an awfully tricky place for Warren to match at the moment. It doesnt excuse this Karpency kind of match up but options that tick all the boxes for Cleverly at the moment look limited.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:48 am

Agree it is a tricky position Manos, reality is which Warren knows is Clev is not really ready for Dawwson or Hopkins or guys of that level and given the issues he has currently with Degale and Gavin and Chisora looking at being indisposed for the next year or so the cupboard is a little bare in terms of guys who can actually shift a ticket. Given this he needs to keep him winning but match him with guys that are not going to draw the vitriol this one has.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

alma wrote:A proctologist friend of mine was offered a shot at cleverly too this weekend, but he declined, saying he spent far too much time working with bums in his day job to spend time grappling with one on a Saturday night...

laughing
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

rowley wrote:Agree it is a tricky position Manos, reality is which Warren knows is Clev is not really ready for Dawwson or Hopkins or guys of that level and given the issues he has currently with Degale and Gavin and Chisora looking at being indisposed for the next year or so the cupboard is a little bare in terms of guys who can actually shift a ticket. Given this he needs to keep him winning but match him with guys that are not going to draw the vitriol this one has.

Yeah Cleverly didnt really get the neccessary development before becoming a world champion so know hes under pressure to deliver fights but wouldnt be favourite to win alot of them. I would have looked at someone like Adrian Diaconu or even Glen Johnson for Cleverly. Wouldnt even be 100% sure of him winning those but they would provide genuine tests and realistically if he cant even beat those guys then hes in serious trouble.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

To be fair, this guy being a nurse is probably not that much different in terms of his ability to commitment time to boxing as Cleverly's full-time Maths degree was. But, still, I can't help but think of him turning up for the fight in full nurses outfit, and unexpectedly beating the **** out of Clev. That would make me chuckle.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Cleverly has nearly gone as far as he can up the ladder? I can't see him beating Dawson or Hopkins ever really. He'd have a chance against Cloud and Pascal, but I don't think he's slick enough to get away from their power. After the weekend, I'd fancy Campillo over him. Ishmyl Sillakh would be a nightmare for him as well. Plus, if Froch or Bute move up, I don't see him beating either.

For me his best chance at a career enhancing fight is taking a belt of off Shumenov, then aiming for Cloud's belt, and hopefully doing enough to win, build some hype, and then get himself spanked by Dawson. Even at that I probably see him losing all 3 of these fights.

Maybe I'm being harsh. But after watching him struggle with Bellew, there just seems to be so many guys in the division above him. Hope he proves me wrong. Maybe he can start to do that by impressively beating up this nurse on Saturday.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

manos de piedra wrote:I would have looked at someone like Adrian Diaconu or even Glen Johnson for Cleverly. Wouldnt even be 100% sure of him winning those but they would provide genuine tests and realistically if he cant even beat those guys then hes in serious trouble.

Agreed, there's another 2 very tough fights for Clev in my opinion. A Glen Johnson match would really let us know where he was.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

I'm surprised he didn't get made to face a mandatory.

Isn't Florence the 2nd hand picked opponent in a row?

The guys in the top 10 rankings are surely trying to earn a shot and a novice like Bellew and a nurse get a crack before them.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:20 am

Dee Karpancy is ranked top 10 by the WBO so in their eyes he's fighting a top 10 guy worthy of a shot. Obviously the fans get stiffed.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:22 am

hampo171 wrote:Dee Karpancy is ranked top 10 by the WBO so in their eyes he's fighting a top 10 guy worthy of a shot. Obviously the fans get stiffed.

The WBO once moved a guy up the rankings who was dead, am not too sure we can put a lot of faith in them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:23 am

I know, it's bizarre. Since he 'won' his title against a nobody - Kuziemski - he has been allowed to fight Bellew, and now Karpency. In fact, he hasn't fought anyone decent since Murat. You'd think the other contenders would be chomping at the bit to get a shot at someone who has to be considered among the weakest titleholders in the division. And you'd think he'd be made to fight someone at least top 10 ranked (especially considering that he didn't even beat anyone for the belt).

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:24 am

Wow, top 10 is he? Well I take it all back then.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:37 am

rowley wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Dee Karpancy is ranked top 10 by the WBO so in their eyes he's fighting a top 10 guy worthy of a shot. Obviously the fans get stiffed.

The WBO once moved a guy up the rankings who was dead, am not too sure we can put a lot of faith in them.

haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

Boxtthis wrote:I know, it's bizarre. Since he 'won' his title against a nobody - Kuziemski - he has been allowed to fight Bellew, and now Karpency. In fact, he hasn't fought anyone decent since Murat. You'd think the other contenders would be chomping at the bit to get a shot at someone who has to be considered among the weakest titleholders in the division. And you'd think he'd be made to fight someone at least top 10 ranked (especially considering that he didn't even beat anyone for the belt).

Well I heard the top contenders have tried to get at Cleverly, but Frank Warren was standing in front of Nathan with a sharp stick poking it at them yelling "keep away from him, away I tells ya". The whole time Clev was wrapped up nice and warm in his cotton blankey that Frank made him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
rowley wrote:

haha

Laugh yer I remeber that. Darrin Morris moved up not one but two places even though he was dead. I think he even moved in front of Richie Woodhall!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

Wow I though Rowley was taking the mick Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:29 am

Boxtthis wrote:Wow, top 10 is he? Well I take it all back then.

Wasn't saying he was good but I'm saying the WBO won't care as in their eyes he's fighting a top ten rated fighter. Most rankings are a pile of rubbish, anyone remember or know what has happened to Salita since Khan took him out in a round? He's now ranked 117 Doh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

hampo171 wrote:

Wasn't saying he was good but I'm saying the WBO won't care as in their eyes he's fighting a top ten rated fighter. Most rankings are a pile of rubbish, anyone remember or know what has happened to Salita since Khan took him out in a round? He's now ranked 117 Doh

He's actually 11th.

http://www.wboboxing.com/wp-content/pdf/WBORanking_Feb_2012.pdf

Still a joke.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

hampo171 wrote:

No way! Seriously!?

He was ranked 8th by the WBA at the time but yet he was hyped to be mandatory. Wonder what 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th where doing that night.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:46 am

Many years ago there was Benny Leonard, Barney Ross and Abe Attell, we get Dmitry Salita, you would have to say the standard of Jewish boxers has dropped off ever so slightly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:56 am

Steffan wrote:Got my tickets either way. 8 rows from the ring. Il be too drunk after Wales beating England in rugby to really worry that much about the quality of the fight

RedWine

I actually think Wales will lose. They always lose when the pressure is on, only ever win when people don't know or expect them to win.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm

Anywaym Rebborn De Mc (oh I can't be bothered) how many decent boxers are there in Northern Ireland? Um.................Brian McGee Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Anywaym Rebborn De Mc (oh I can't be bothered) how many decent boxers are there in Northern Ireland? Um.................Brian McGee Laugh

I think someone is going to be embarrased when they realise they have forgot about Martin Rogan.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Anywaym Rebborn De Mc (oh I can't be bothered) how many decent boxers are there in Northern Ireland? Um.................Brian McGee Laugh

Never heard of Brian McGee.......

By the way, your wasting your time with a nationally come back. I am well aware Northern Ireland is pish poor for fighters at the minute.

Frampton is the only one I would keep a close eye on but wouldn't claim to be a mega fan and jump down the throat of someone who criticises him. McCloskey pickles my head and Rogan...........well you do the math.

Anyway, good try.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

rowley wrote:

I think someone is going to be embarrased when they realise they have forgot about Martin Rogan.

Or possibly not

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:18 pm

I think Fury is 1/3 Irish too, so YEAHHHHH!!!!! boxing
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

I don't have any problems with Cleverly fighting a nurse. Look at Chisora, he just fought a Dr. Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next