The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park

+15
profitius
rawa86
Artful_Dodger
Shifty
wales606
Standulstermen
Cardiff Dave
Pyleboy65
Smirnoffpriest
MMC
Mickado
ME-109
BlueMuff
doctornickolas
red_stag
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Munster v Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park - Page 2 Empty Munster v Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 18:15

First topic message reminder :

Munster:
01 Marcus Horan
02 Damien Varley
03 BJ Botha
04 Billy Holland
05 Mick O'Driscoll (captain)
06 David O'Callaghan
07 Tommy O'Donnell
08 James Coughlan
09 Tomas O'Leary
10 Ian Keatley
11 Simon Zebo
12 Lifeimi Mafi
13 Danny Barnes
14 Johne Murphy
15 Felix Jones

16 Denis Fogarty
17 Wian du Preez
18 Stephen Archer
19 Dave Foley
20 Paddy Butler
21 Duncan Williams
22 Scott Deasy
23 Luke O’Dea

Cardiff Blues:
TBC

Not sure if Cardiff Blues have picked their team yet. Denis Hurley is on backup for Ireland so he misses out.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Munster v Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster v Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park

Post by profitius Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:06

Cardiff Dave wrote:
DOD wrote:Cardiff were strangely uncompetitive in the first half, must have got a bollicking at half time. Munster forwards couldn't secure any possession in the second half. Not much else to say..lots of huffing and puffing

A typically very Rabo-ish game which is why I much prefer watching the Aviva and the Top 14 most of the time as points really mean something in those competitions.

You think those teams didn't care about it? Munster are 1 pt behind Ospreys in the table now. The winners get a home semi final. The people in charge want a home semi for various reasons. Its worth about €500,000 or more I'd say from gate receipts and they'll get sponsorship bonuses etc. The players want to impress and are pushing for their places on the team and new contracts and want to win the League.

Conor O'Shea said on TV it was a fantastic contest in the second half.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Munster v Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster v Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:09

DOD wrote:He is English , living in Cardiff apparently. Nothing good to say about the Pro12

Yes I have English ancestry (mostly Welsh valleys though), yes I live (born) in Cardiff and yes the Rabo Pro 12 is a Poopie league.
Anything else you would like to know? Fire away. I'm easy and have got nothing to hide as I wear my heart on my sleeve.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:09

Disappointed I missed the game after seeing the scoreline

Im glad we got the LBP, but a bit gutted after being so close to a draw/win.

Looks like the Blues have turned a corner though, back to playing well in the tail end of the season, but it not being enough. :/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:14

Cardiff Dave wrote:
DOD wrote:He is English , living in Cardiff apparently. Nothing good to say about the Pro12

Yes I have English ancestry (mostly Welsh valleys though), yes I live (born) in Cardiff and yes the Rabo Pro 12 is a Poopie league and please ignore me this evening I'm just really cranky as my team lost
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:22

He's always cranky stag

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:34

profitius wrote:

You think those teams didn't care about it? Munster are 1 pt behind Ospreys in the table now. The winners get a home semi final. The people in charge want a home semi for various reasons. Its worth about €500,000 or more I'd say from gate receipts and they'll get sponsorship bonuses etc. The players want to impress and are pushing for their places on the team and new contracts and want to win the League.

Strange isn't it? Or is it?
It's already been reported in the Welsh press that an away HEC QF against Leinster is worth more to Cardiff Blues than a home draw.
Try getting your head round that. If Cardiff Blues manage a Rabo home play off it would probably cost them if they play at CCS and they would have to agree a deal with Cardiff City FC and therefore extra dosh again which they cannot afford.

Yes it was a better second half from Cardiff Blues in particular and Munster were poor especially when Cardiff Blues were down to 14.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:49

DOD wrote:He's always cranky stag

You are damn right i'm bloody cranky and I will continue to be until Cardiff Blues get the behind the scenes stuff sorted out once and for all as it's been going on for too many years. Welsh rugby needs a ret hot poker stuck up the jacksy to bring it down to earth and reality otherwise we're fecked.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 0:43

profitius wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
DOD wrote:Cardiff were strangely uncompetitive in the first half, must have got a bollicking at half time. Munster forwards couldn't secure any possession in the second half. Not much else to say..lots of huffing and puffing

A typically very Rabo-ish game which is why I much prefer watching the Aviva and the Top 14 most of the time as points really mean something in those competitions.

DOD said "Cardiff were strangely uncompetitive in the first half" and I didn't mention whether the teams cared or not. I just prefer watching the Aviva and Top14. Sorry about that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 10:19

Munster scored one of the best tries I have seen last night. Who says we are not creative?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 10:24

Thomond, the same guy said if Cardiff took the league seriously they would win it. I wouldn't even bother.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 10:26

I'm talking baout people in general who say Munster are just a forward oriented team. A lot of our play is based on a great platform from the forwards but it doesn't mean we're not creative. Sure Micko was thew one who gave Zebo the pass inside!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 10:29

It is an old cliche for sure. I feel Munster are now producing some really creative young players which is great, and are always improving in that regard. Earls - Jones - Howlett of last year was a pretty scary back three. One of the most dangerous back threes in the HEC I would have said. How was Jones last night? I see he scored?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 10:32

He was solid enough, took the try well but it was made from a good pass from Micko and a fantastic line from Zebo. His kicking and positioning was good. But with his running style he could end up with a neck injury.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 10:33

laughing

He is a bit of an odd runner like, but it works for him!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 10:36

Look at the way he runs, he runs like a fecking chicken, bobbing his head all over the shop! He doesn't keep his head locked in. He could end up jerking his neck if he ended up in atough collision, like getting into a car crash albeit on a lesser level.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 11:22

Thomond wrote:Look at the way he runs, he runs like a fecking chicken, bobbing his head all over the shop! He doesn't keep his head locked in. He could end up jerking his neck if he ended up in atough collision, like getting into a car crash albeit on a lesser level.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at that aspect of his game. Energy coming from the neck and shoulders rather than the pelvis and thighs.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 11:34

Delighted they hung in there and great try ... but Conor O'Shea had the worst 'game' last night as commentator.
How could a man in charge of an English Premiership club like Harlequins read an 80 minute game so...well, I have to say it - amateurishly?

Raving about Munster when it was clear Blues weren't simply playing in the first half. And he never seemed to expect a Blue's second half retort when I'm sure everyone in the crowd and watching TV did.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 12:04

Rory_Gallagher wrote:It is an old cliche for sure. I feel Munster are now producing some really creative young players which is great, and are always improving in that regard. Earls - Jones - Howlett of last year was a pretty scary back three. One of the most dangerous back threes in the HEC I would have said. How was Jones last night? I see he scored?

Jones was good for somebody just coming back from a long injury lay off. He is a bit rusty still and might take a month to get back to his best.

Of all the new Munster backs, Luke O'Dea could be the best of the bunch IMO.

They need a backs coach for next season. Possession was wasted and bad decisions were made. Zebo got the praises for his attacking play but he does some dumb things too in every game.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 15:02

Great to see Jones back and he showed a lot of the skills that have us all so excited about him.

He's quick,a good kicker,runs good lines.Also his defence is top notch both in positioning and tackling technique,it's the one reason I think he'll eventually replace Kearney as Ireland fullback.(assuming he doesn't keep getting injured)

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2