The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues Team for Munster

3 posters

Go down

Blues Team for Munster Empty Blues Team for Munster

Post by goranth Thu 24 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

Chris Czekaj; Richard Mustoe, Casey Laulala, Dafydd Hewitt, Leigh Halfpenny; Ceri Sweeney, Lloyd Williams; John Yapp, Rhys Williams, Scott Andrews, Michael Paterson, Paul Tito (c), Andries Pretorius, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush.

Replacements: Kristian Dacey, Nathan Trevett, Sam Hobbs, Bradley Davies, Mamma Molitika, Tom Slater, Dan Parks, Jamie Roberts.

Good news that lloyd Williams is back early from surgery. Roberts and Davies are rested on the ebch after the 6 nations allowing Hewitt to show what he can do against top flight opposition.

goranth

Back to top Go down

Blues Team for Munster Empty Re: Blues Team for Munster

Post by ospreylian Thu 24 Mar 2011, 3:02 pm

For one minute there i struggled with "ebch", sorry it's just me.

3 names stand out there, Hewitt, Sweeney and Lloyd williams.
Hewitt having some good games. Great to see lloyd back, he is V. promising, but what has happened to DP? did he play THAT MUCH?

Got to go for it, lose and it will all be over.

You can afford to lose one game...........against the Ospreys of course!

I really want to see as many welsh regions in the playoffs as possible.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by goranth Thu 24 Mar 2011, 3:11 pm

Just testing peopeles observation skills Doh

goranth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2011, 7:03 pm

This looks a really good side to me, I reckon it'll be close but that you guys will be able to beat Munster. You have a good bench too!

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm

Not that happy with the front row,

second choice props and 3rd choice hooker Sad,
we also have 2 lightweight second rows (Paterson is more of a flanker)
Backrow is first choice (bar perhaps Martyn?) and should make light work of Munster at the breakdown
Overall a pretty mobile prop
In the back, the major change is the return of L.Williams which should improve the service to Sweeney if he shakes off the rust quickly.
Great to see Halfpenny and Mustoe on the wings, both always give 100% and James is off form (and injured)
Lets hope Laulaula and Hewitt can cause more damage with quick ball from Sweeney and Czechaj can keep cutting lines to test the defense.

The bench looks P**s weak apart from the returning internationals, hopefully Roberts and Davies will be on early in the 2nd half.

Got tickets for this game, so hoping for a cracker and a win!

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 6:22 pm

That is true about your front row but I still think they've got enough to hold their own. It's not often you see a Blues packed bossed about too much, and remember Munster aren't always very good at scrums.

I'm looking forward to see Lloyd WIlliams playing again although this is a huge game for him coming back form injury. If he is able to pick up where he left off then he should certainly speed up service for the Blues backs. Laulala and Hewitt in the centres is a great pairing I think and Mustoe has been in superb form on the wing. Add in Halfpenny and Czekaj then I think you've got enough in your backs to win this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Sat 26 Mar 2011, 2:34 pm

BAD result for the Blues, but it could work in the Scarlets favour.

I dont think the blues players wanted it enough, just got bullied by a Munster who did.

What a contrast between POC and Rush.

Hewitt will be the unluckiest man in Wales if he doesn't keep his place to the end of the season.

What's missing from DY's makeup that means he only discovers his best team as the end draws near?

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

What cost the Blues imo was their defence in the first half, they missed far too many tackles and put themselves under all sorts of pressure. When you factor in that ROG missed so many kicks they were lucky to be within a point.

Got to wonder why DY bought Parks on though, I thought Sweeney was having a really good game. Also glad to see WIlliams come through a fair bit of rugby and he looked fairly sharp after having so long out.

It is a big loss for the Blues though, they have such a tough run in so they really needed to win their home game.

Definitely could play into Scarlets hands though, we have to capitalise on this with a good win over Treviso now on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down