The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So they are scoring tries again.

+5
chewed_mintie
overlordofthewest
Comfort
TJ1
Biltong
9 posters

Go down

So they are scoring tries again. Empty So they are scoring tries again.

Post by Biltong Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:57 am

So after reading about how rubbish Scotland are and that before the Six Nations they were gong to break some record for most number of matches without scoring tries, I wanted to know how and whether all those that were being condescending towards the Scots think of the tries they have socred in the last two matches.

7th minute vs France: Very patient build-up play from Scotland with Laidlaw switching the line to Lamont who puts Hogg over the line into the corner -Executed at pace.

55th minute vs france: Try for Scotland!! Superb from Scotland as they turn the ball over and after a good break from Weir - Vernon sprints away to put Lee Jones over in the corner - great execution

63rd minute vs Wales: Laidlwaw finds himself at scrumhalf with a ruck mere meters away from the Welsh line, good buildup, Greig Laidlaw goes over for Scotland and they finally have their try!

And then let us not forget their perfectly legal try that was not awarded.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

So they are scoring tries again. Empty Re: So they are scoring tries again.

Post by TJ1 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

These are the young players that Robinson did not want to select. We have the players - not the coach

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

Robinson is a very, very good coach, he just lacks faith in selecting young, exciting players in the backs, hes always been a very conservative coach selecting backs, hes never been afraid to make changes in the pack though. Very strange, and I'd say he needs a top class backs/attacking coach as his number 2, Scotland should not get rid of him though. Ale

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:27 am

They' re not only scoring tries they are creating lots of try scoring opportunities that they haven't put away. I think some if the posters who were so patronising before the 6N's about Scotland's lack of of ability to score tries should post here and admit they were wrong.
Particularly since the vast majority of those posters are from a certain country who cannot create a try scoring chance if their lives depended on it. Who would have thought that both Scotland and Italy would be scoring more tries than them.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:37 am

TJ wrote:These are the young players that Robinson did not want to select. We have the players - not the coach

Get Kirwan involved. Sack Robbo get Kirwan....job's a good'un

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:11 pm

Nicely put OverLord - I'm glad that Scotland are very close to clicking, as they've been showing potential for awhile, it's just amazing what a difference a fast, sharp attacking player like Hogg makes and having a distributing FH.

Next 6N I'd expect a lot more wins for Scotland and lots of depth in the backs - Jones, Visser, Evans, Hogg, Scott, Lamont(s), Laidlow, Weir, it's quite a change from 2 years ago.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

We're certainly going in the right direction, I was at yesterday's game and it was much more entertaining than many a Murrayfield match. Yes we made mistakes (missed tackles, aimless kicking etc) ,but the team played pretty well. I think we might well have won the game if we hadn't had so many injuries, it reminded me a bit of the game in Cardiff a couple of years ago when Wales came back when Scotland lost a lot of players near the end. It would also have helped if the ref understood the offside rules.
Not to underrate the French who are a obviously a fantastic team who outplayed the All Blacks in the WC final.
The team does however have real problems in the front row which have to be addressed. Ford is peerless and should not be subbed under any circumstances barring injury. Jacobsen is struggling, surely time to give John Welsh a chance now.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:33 pm

It'll be interesting to see th 1st XV for the summer tour as I imagine a lot of the youngsters who are bursting through will get gametime and may even help the improvements we've seen so far.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:18 pm

Yes I think Chunk has served his time for Scotland. Every time he gates the ball I cringe.. he isn't the best ball carrier and he often manages to get isolated, even when his team mates are really close. Not to mention he gave away some silly penalties yesterday that gave France some cheap points. His knock on against Wales was a shocker too.

Surely there's a monster farmers son out there somewhere who could 'don a Scotland jersey?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:40 pm

bsando wrote:Yes I think Chunk has served his time for Scotland. Every time he gates the ball I cringe.. he isn't the best ball carrier and he often manages to get isolated, even when his team mates are really close. Not to mention he gave away some silly penalties yesterday that gave France some cheap points. His knock on against Wales was a shocker too.

Surely there's a monster farmers son out there somewhere who could 'don a Scotland jersey?

What you mean like Andy Powell? Shocked

He's a farmers son after all, so be careful what you wish for...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

Their backs have the firepower as we have seen for their clubs. They must surely be unsure of their best from 9-13 atm. I feel Sean Lamont is probably the best and the unsung hero of the Scotland backs.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down