The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations: Ireland injured quartet

+6
clivemcl
Mickado
MMC
Notch
Pot Hale
Cymroglan
10 posters

Go down

Six Nations: Ireland injured quartet  Empty Six Nations: Ireland injured quartet

Post by Cymroglan Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Four Ireland players who are carrying niggling injuries are set to be fit for Sunday's rearranged Six Nations game against France in Paris.

Rob Kearney has undergone a scan on a slight groin injury but is expected to return to training this week.

Gordon D'Arcy has shown no ill effects after suffering a blow to the shoulder while Cian Healy is training lightly despite receiving a blow to the jaw.

Sean O'Brien should train on Tuesday after having a scan on an ankle injury.

The game was postponed because parts of the pitch were frozen 10 minutes before kick-off on the original scheduled date of 18 February.

France have won their opening two games against Italy and Scotland while Ireland lost to Wales, but then saw off the Italians in Dublin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17182893
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe Ireland can win this match

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Six Nations: Ireland injured quartet  Empty Re: Six Nations: Ireland injured quartet

Post by Pot Hale Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:02 pm

What's the point of this article?

Not really injured players not really injured shocker?

France are playing Ireland?

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Six Nations: Ireland injured quartet  Empty Re: Six Nations: Ireland injured quartet

Post by Notch Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Seems to be precautionary mainly. Still with three matches in three weeks wouldn't be surprised to see some guys carrying small niggly injuries to be rotated at some point.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Pot Hale wrote:What's the point of this article?

Not really injured players not really injured shocker?

France are playing Ireland?

Thanks for the input It was a topic that interested me due to the fact Ireland are playing France next weekend.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Which bit that the BBC wrote was interesting?

That France were playing Ireland? That the pitch was frozen?

You didn't tell us anything bar that you believe Ireland can win the match. At least tell us why if you want some response or discussion on the topic. Is it because Kearney, Darcy, O'Brien and Healy will likely be playing?

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 am

Is the purpose of sites like this not to share information (and then discuss it)?

Cymroglan has been a poster here a long time, back since the old Scrum V days. He's well respected on these boards and rightly so. I honestly don't get why anyone would jump down the throat of someone who's posting some relevant information about their team.

I for one found this interesting. I like to keep up to date with the current injury situation and in this case I hadn't seen this reported anywhere else until the IRFU tweeted it this morning.

I really am baffled by the response.
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:08 am

MMC wrote:Is the purpose of sites like this not to share information (and then discuss it)?

Cymroglan has been a poster here a long time, back since the old Scrum V days. He's well respected on these boards and rightly so. I honestly don't get why anyone would jump down the throat of someone who's posting some relevant information about their team.

I for one found this interesting. I like to keep up to date with the current injury situation and in this case I hadn't seen this reported anywhere else until the IRFU tweeted it this morning.

+1

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:43 am

Mickado wrote:
MMC wrote:Is the purpose of sites like this not to share information (and then discuss it)?

+1

+1

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:53 am

clivemcl wrote:
Mickado wrote:

+1

+1

+1

Just on the thought of niggle injuries and guys needing to be rested, no disrepected intended, but is it safe to say that Scotland are the only team we can really rest guys for? Even then we can't rest too many as the Scots are looking good in patches.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am

Have to say that it looked like Healy had been knocked cold by Masi's knee at one point - am surprised it's not been mentioned?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:13 am

Asbo,

He definitely was. He spent the next 15mins or so shaking his head in an effort to gain some lucidity. Or at least that's what it looked like.

I think that even if a player doesn't admit to being concussed they should at least be made sit out the rest of a match that they appear to have been knocked out cold in.

Actually having just read the blurb again I think "after receiving a blow to the jaw" could easily be read as "is suffering from concussion".
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Have to say that it looked like Healy had been knocked cold by Masi's knee at one point - am surprised it's not been mentioned?

I suspect thats because a concussion would rule him out for 2 weeks (or is it 3?). Unfortunately player welfare comes secondary to results these days.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am

Looked like he got a bang on the temple to me. Tough phooker though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am

Yeah he's made of stern stuff that one!
Court did look ok when he came on though and has been going well for Ulster.

Kearney would be a big loss he is one of our best players at the moment abd 15 is looking shallow depth wise til Jones is back

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm

clivemcl wrote:
Mickado wrote:

+1

+1

another +1.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down