The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

+20
mystiroakey
21st Century Schizoid Man
MacKnocked-on
irj71
SecretFly
123skelm
CaleyShaun
offload
NeilyBroon
Scot Abroad
bsando
RuggerRadge2611
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
glamorganalun
KickAndChase
TJ1
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
R!skysports
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 18 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 25 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 46

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Empty Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

Post by R!skysports Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Previous votes

Round 1 23 4
Yes 25% 55% 42% 52%
no 30% 20%37% 32%
Depends if Scotland finish higher that 2nd last 44% 24% 20% 14%

So, after the fifth straight loss, and Scotland dropping down the rankings, has the two tries and good performance done enough to stave off the anti Andy voting, or is it too late for most supporters.

Please vote and let me know your thoughts

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

Post by JLyall Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:55 pm

TJ wrote:
JLyall wrote:he should stay, he's got us very much on the right track. I think that, given the relative inexperience of the squad, we'll be in a far better position in a season or two. I also doubt very much that the SRU want or can afford to sack Robinson and find a replacement of equal calibre, but I can definitely see him walking away if things go well and truly pear-shaped. Seriously, though results MUST improve soon.

Ehh- 11 th in the world, 2 wins in the last 3 6N (including this one so far, badly beaten in the WC only beating the minnows.

He is holding the team back - rubbish selections and the team morale looks low. Why take Laidlaw off today why Weir not on the bench? How much worse dfoes it have to be for it to be well and truly pear shaped?
He has to go.

Look at the margin by which we are losing, though. Most of our defeats, including those at the WC were by 7 or less. Its really tight, and you can point to a number of games we should have won. Its a matter of turning those narrow defeats into victories, and I think we're on the way to doing that. Bear in mind how young and inexperienced the squad is.

Selection is definitely Robinson's weak spot, but Im not sure they're as bad as you make out. I do agree with you re Weir, but Laidlaw wasnt having a great game today so I had no problem with him being replaced.

Well and truly pear-shaped, for me, would be a similar run of results in next year's 6 nations, especially with Ireland, Wales, Italy at home.

JLyall

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote) - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? (5th Vote)

Post by 123456789 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm

Why wait until the end of next year's six nations by which time player's Lions ambitions could be scuppered, players confidence could be shattered and it would give the replacement less time before the 2015 world cup, how many coaches have won the World cup with two years? I agree he has done a good job to an extent but if he has a poor summer then why keep him?
If we're losing games by 7 or less and we should have won them then why didn't we? Are you happy to keep losing by 7 points. I say give him five games for this team to "click" and if it hasn't he has to walk.

What I honestly think he is trying to do is something similar to England's 2003 team where they had pretty much the same team for 4 years where they had an immense group of players. I think Robinson is trying to do that with Scotland's 2010 group which were distinctly average and heavily relied on the killer Bs.

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

Look at the margin by which we are losing, though. Most of our defeats, including those at the WC were by 7 or less. Its really tight, and you can point to a number of games we should have won.

Should have is not good enough - you admit Robinson selections and substitutions have not been great - they make the difference - look at the Calcutta cup match - with laidlaw and Blair we would have won

Its a matter of turning those narrow defeats into victories, and I think we're on the way to doing that. Bear in mind how young and inexperienced the squad is.

Inexperienced because Robinson won't select them!

We are not turning narrow defeats into victories - we keep getting beat!

Bottom line its not good enough therefore Robinson must go

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:14 pm

Also this was the first time in 10 games we have had the same half back pair in consecutive games - these two should have started the 6N after the display in the HC

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:14 pm

I think Robinson needs to learn the phrase "practice what you preach"
several times he has said that he only wants to be coach if Scotland are winning or something to that effect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:29 pm

Can we get a 6th vote please. I know what I'm picking.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:24 pm

Will be up soon

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2