The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

+53
BIGFASE100
munkian
pharmachris
Notch
Artful_Dodger
2ndtimeround
Cari
Steffan
red_stag
glamorganalun
RC13
slartibartfast
HammerofThunor
maestegmafia
IanBru
justified sinner
Comfort
oxring
Casartelli
Stone Motif
manofgwent
Liam
Coleman
Morgannwg
21st Century Schizoid Man
profitius
thebluesmancometh
dogtooth
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
Cymroglan
gowales
Shifty
Kingshu
DRAGONONPARADE
Looseheaded
GavinDragon
LordDowlais
Feckless Rogue
geoff998rugby
BridgendBoyo
Smirnoffpriest
Eclipse
pioden gorllewin
XR
Welshmushroom
doctornickolas
rodders
chewed_mintie
HERSH
Cardiff Dave
formerly known as Sam
wales606
57 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 11 Empty Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

First topic message reminder :

It appears that the following players will be leaving the Blues at the end of the season

DEPARTURE

Gavin Henson - Sacked

TRThomas - Despite being given the captaincy a few times this season, Thomas is due to leave - He is one of the players who has been excellent for us, is available all year round and we should be building a team around him. But he is off to Wasps.

Gethin Jenkins - 1 of our 4 world class players is off to Toulon

Casey Laulaula - The second centre to go, he is off to Munster, despite being available all year round.

Dan Parks is off to Connacht

Ritchie Rees is going to Edinburgh

Deniol Jones is retired

Martyn Williams is retiring

Mamma Molitika is retiring

John Yapp is leaving to go to Edinburgh

Ben Blair has apparently been offered a contract in France, at Lyon and is leaving

Jamie Roberts will miss a large part of next season through injury

Paul Tito is retiring

Ryan Tyrell is returning to Australia

Xavier Rush has retired as a player due to injury

Justin Burnell has left with immediate effect

Richard Mustoe rumoured retirement

ARRIVING AND STAYING

Xavier Rush has become the next defence coach

Jason Tovey is the only new signing of any significance announced so far, from the Dragons

Robin Copeland is confirmed from Rotherham RFC - some good reports, a replacement for Molitika

Lou Reed is signing though from the Scarlets

And Gavin Evans has signed a new 2 year contract extension...woop Shocked

Benoit Bourrust a THP from Perpignan is arriving

Fijian LHP prop Campese Ma'afu has signed from Australian side West Harbour Pirates

Hooker Andi Kyriacou is being targeted from Ulster - confirmed

Ceri Sweeney is staying with the Blues with a contract extension

Fau Filise has signed a contract extension (Probably 1 year)

A new Director of Rugby Phil Davies has joined.

Alex Cuthbert has signed a 1 year extension

Rob Lewis confirmed coming at SH from London Welsh

Deniol Jones is now team manager

Lee Jarvis has been appointed skills coach

Squad for next season

Props
Sam Hobbs
Ma'afu Campese
Benoit Bourrust
Scott Andrews
Fau Filise
Ryan Hartford
Nathan Trevett
Thomas Davies

Hookers
Andy Kyricau
Kristian Dacey
Mark Breeze
Rhys Williams

Locks
Bradley Davies
Lou Reed
James Down
Cory Hill
McCauley Cook
Matthew Screech

Backrow
Michael Paterson
Robin Copeland
Sam Warburton
Josh Navidi
Andreus Pretorious
Ellis Jenkins
Thomas Young
Luke Hamilton

Scrum Halfs
Lloyd Williams
Rob Lewis
Lewis Jones

Fly Halfs
Jason Tovey
Ceri Sweeney
Rhys Patchell

Centres
Jamie Roberts
Daffydd Hewitt
Gavin Evans
Cory Allen
Owen Williams

Back 3
Alex Cuthbert
Tom James
Leigh Halfpenny
Dan Fish
Chris Czekaj
Harry Robinson

Last edited by wales606 on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:18 pm; edited 32 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 11 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 28 Apr 2012, 9:26 pm

Cafe ole! Laugh

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates. - Page 11 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues squad and off-field updates.

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 28 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

Steffan wrote:Regional rugby is doing fine...if you listen to all the Llanelli, Newport and Cardiff supporters on here Laugh

You never know, after the PWC audit the 4 might get a bit more cash from the WRU. Fingers crossed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 28 Apr 2012, 9:42 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:I think Casartelli has finally cracked.....

+1

+2

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 03 May 2012, 12:07 pm

Phil Davies has been confirmed as the Blues new DOR.

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/5831.php
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 03 May 2012, 12:12 pm

Cardiff Blues can today announce that former Welsh international Phil Davies has been appointed as Director of Rugby.
Davies played his club rugby for Llanelli and enjoyed a distinguished 46-cap career for Wales between 1985 and 1995.
The ex-Wales captain, born in Seven Sisters, spent a decade at Leeds Tykes between 1996 and 2006 taking the Yorkshire club from Division Three into top-flight Premiership rugby. He steered Leeds to their Heineken Cup debut in 2003 and to a Powergen Cup win in 2005. Davies also spent two years at the Scarlets, leading them to their first Heineken Cup semi-final in eight years.

The former Scarlets and Leeds boss Phil Davies joined Worcester Warriors as a forwards coach from his position at the WRU as Wales Under-20s coach and National Academy Manager in August 2010.

Commenting on the appointment, Cardiff Blues CEO Richard Holland said:

"Phil Davies is a hugely respected coach and we are delighted to have secured him as the new Cardiff Blues Director of Rugby."

"He has shown during his time at the Leeds Tykes, when he took them from Division Three to the Premiership, that he can develop a young team and deliver success."

"He is hugely knowledgeable about the game, extremely hard working and we look forward to having him with us for the forthcoming season."

Speaking of his appointment, Phil Davies said:

"I'm really looking forward to starting the job. It's a role I've been passionate about for a long, long time."

"The Blues cover a massive region, the biggest in Wales, and it's a great opportunity for a young group of players and staff to work hard in order to push the region forward and look to build upon the foundations that have been laid over the last eight or nine years, firstly by David Young and more recently, Gareth and Justin."

"Our aim will be to move forward, play attractive rugby and over time develop the Blues into a very competitive side in all competitions and ultimately win trophies and produce quality players to represent Wales!"

"I know an awful lot of the players from my time at the National Academy and I know not only at the Blues but in the whole of Wales there are some fantastic academy systems producing some good players."

"There is a lot of change happening and with that comes a element of excitement and uncertainty, with that in mind there will be some growing pains moving forward as we develop the capabilities and experiences of a very talented group of players and staff"

"I know from my time at the Scarlets introducing young players such as Ken Owens, Rhys Priestland, Jonathan Davies and Scott Williams does take some time."

"They were very young when I was there but look at them now."

"It's important that people understand it's going to time but we are on the starting line here to something really exciting."

"The players moving on have been fantastic servants to both the region and Wales and we thank them, however this is an opportunity for a new group of people to create their own legacy and that's what really excites me."

"I like to develop teams based on a few important principles. We have good basic skills. Some people will say that's stating the obvious, but I think it is important that we are able to perform the basics well under pressure. We need strong foundations, which are: mean defence, quality kicking game and accurate set piece."

"We will look to play the way Welsh players like, which is with flair and expression, hopefully with a lot of tries thrown in"

"That's the type of rugby I tried to develop at Leeds, the Scarlet's and during my time with Cardiff RFC."

"Sometimes things don't always go to plan, but if you've got strong basics and core skills, then you hopefully have the foundations to let players express themselves."

"With the speed and talent we have in the back line, this will hopefully get people excited to come and watch the Blues watch."

"I hope this is a fresh start for a young group of players with a new Director of Rugby who has a lot of experience and who will work hard for them and with them."

"It will be a huge team effort. We want to enjoy what we do, but we are all rugby professionals who represent a fantastic region that has a proud rugby heritage, that responsibility is something we will all take very seriously."

"We will work hard, have good discipline and team spirit, I want people from around the region to really identify with and be very proud of the team and want to come and watch us play."
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 03 May 2012, 12:13 pm

606 - Atleast that has been done now, so he should have the summer to try and tidy up things at the Blues and get them to his way of thinking.

I have just finished reading Easterby's autobiography. He puts Davies' bad second season at PYS down to one of the fitness choices Phil brought in being a bit blunt about the players fitness etc (and apparently giving them some real stick of being fat). Also he reckons Phil made some poor signings due to it being a RWC year and wanting to have cover for the missing players during the RWC. So seeing as the Blues don't have a squad of fatties, and the RWC isn't for a few season, hopefully Phil will do a good job for you lot.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 03 May 2012, 5:41 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:606 - Atleast that has been done now, so he should have the summer to try and tidy up things at the Blues and get them to his way of thinking.

I have just finished reading Easterby's autobiography. He puts Davies' bad second season at PYS down to one of the fitness choices Phil brought in being a bit blunt about the players fitness etc (and apparently giving them some real stick of being fat). Also he reckons Phil made some poor signings due to it being a RWC year and wanting to have cover for the missing players during the RWC. So seeing as the Blues don't have a squad of fatties, and the RWC isn't for a few season, hopefully Phil will do a good job for you lot.

Actually Gatland was apparently not impressed with the Blues player fitness at the start of the 6Ns - They have had a problem since Dan Baugh left to join the WRU conditioning team.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 03 May 2012, 8:01 pm

wales

I don't think thats strictly true, Warburton is renound for his level of conditioning, and Gethin Jenkins was injury stricken, and Davies, Roberts and 1/2p were all returning from injury if memory serves me correctly.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 03 May 2012, 8:05 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:606 - Atleast that has been done now, so he should have the summer to try and tidy up things at the Blues and get them to his way of thinking.

Phil Davies gave players stick for being 'fat'?

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 04 May 2012, 9:44 am

Casartelli - not Phil Davies, the conditioning coach that he brought in. Apparently he was over-critical, and was demanding players to drop their weight etc, and was very blunt/offensive in his manner of doing so. But it was not Phil who was doing the insulting.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 May 2012, 12:31 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17955494

Well the Scarlets have confirmed that Reed is leaving them. Blues yet to confirm.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 04 May 2012, 1:36 pm

It will be interesting (if Reed is signing for the Blues) to see how he fits in with their pretty full roster of locks. That said it can't harm his international hopes if he can nail down a starting place along side Bradley
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 04 May 2012, 1:43 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:It will be interesting (if Reed is signing for the Blues) to see how he fits in with their pretty full roster of locks. That said it can't harm his international hopes if he can nail down a starting place along side Bradley

But it'll be a battle for him to get that starting spot - particularly if Tito and Rush stay (Patterson won't be No 8 and would play lock/6)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 May 2012, 2:02 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:It will be interesting (if Reed is signing for the Blues) to see how he fits in with their pretty full roster of locks. That said it can't harm his international hopes if he can nail down a starting place along side Bradley

But it'll be a battle for him to get that starting spot - particularly if Tito and Rush stay (Patterson won't be No 8 and would play lock/6)

Paterson doesn't play 8 and Tito is leaving.

Paterson will stay at 6 where he was player of the season, Pretorious will fight Rush for the 8 shirt.

Reed will have to fight Downs for the starting place, and will have Cook and Hill on his heels.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 04 May 2012, 2:26 pm

wales606 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Paterson doesn't play 8 and Tito is leaving.

Paterson will stay at 6 where he was player of the season, Pretorious will fight Rush for the 8 shirt.

Reed will have to fight Downs for the starting place, and will have Cook and Hill on his heels.

Ahh apologies I thought, even though Patterson has played 6/lock this season, I thought the plan was to play him 8 with Rush next season - didn't realise it was Pretorious instead.

I keep forgetting about Downs for some reason.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 04 May 2012, 2:46 pm

Downes is no great shakes, Cook is looking sharp, and Hill will be a cracking player I think.

Now Jones and Tito have gone I think Reed Davies will be a very good start to our lock options, with the 3 youngsters behind them (Downes is 26 though isn't he???)

I expect Pretorious and the Mccallister? to take the 8 spot next season.

Patterson only ever covered lock, and is a 6 through and through, although I'd like to see Pretorious play 6 and Mccallister to start at 8, with Navidi thats a very young talented back row.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 04 May 2012, 2:48 pm

What about Skreech (U20 captain, I can't spell for toffee). Surely he should be pushing for the bench too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 May 2012, 3:24 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Downes is no great shakes, Cook is looking sharp, and Hill will be a cracking player I think.

Now Jones and Tito have gone I think Reed Davies will be a very good start to our lock options, with the 3 youngsters behind them (Downes is 26 though isn't he???)

I expect Pretorious and the Mccallister? to take the 8 spot next season.

Patterson only ever covered lock, and is a 6 through and through, although I'd like to see Pretorious play 6 and Mccallister to start at 8, with Navidi thats a very young talented back row.

Mccallister = Hamilton
Downes = Pontypridd scrumhalf
Downs = Blues lock who has been out injured most of the time.

Paterson is our player of the season at 6 (Pretorious was last season at 6) - He is nailed on at 6 and is one of the most underrated players, he has shown why he was in line for an All Blacks call before he left.

Pretorious is going to be shoe-horned into 8 under Rush's guidance, im hoping he will be as effective there as he was at 6. Hopefully he will ovetake Rus there before the HC game next season

Navidi will get a lot of gametime while Warburton is away, Thomas Young will be his backup.

It will be interesting to see how the new guy Copeland does, apparently he is an excellent player, but will need to play VERY well to get a shot at the 6 shirt, maybe he will challenge the 2nd rows.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 May 2012, 3:29 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:What about Skreech (U20 captain, I can't spell for toffee). Surely he should be pushing for the bench too.

Screech isn't even an academy player yet, he is still CRFC.

He was U20 captain while Hill was on Blues duty.

I doubt he will get much of a chance next season with the competition in the backrow, he is only 19 and won't be physical enough yet - decent prospect, but nowhere near the first team (as with Navidi U20 captain 2 years ago and Cook U20s captain last year).

The Blues have a lot of U20s captains around, and to be fair, they are doing well at developing them (Warburton, B.Davies, S.Andrews, Navidi, Cook and Hill off the top of my head)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 04 May 2012, 3:40 pm

Hamilton! Thats his name, didn't think much of him at U20 level but had a great game recently.

I always get Down and Downes mixed up too!!!

Down played a lot of rugby this season, was a starter at the begginning of the season, was injured earlier this year but has played all games last 4-6 weeks ago if I remember correctly!

Patterson had a few barnstormers but he's nothing special. He is very average at lock, but better at 6. While the Blues are playing pathetically he is a solid performer nothing more.

I saw Copeland a couple of times and if he steps up like everyone thinks he will he's going to be a pearler. Think he was signed on the cheap too, he might be the balance Warbs needs, but Pretorious will struggle at 8 I think, Hamilton would be a better option IMO.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 May 2012, 3:47 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Hamilton! Thats his name, didn't think much of him at U20 level but had a great game recently.

I always get Down and Downes mixed up too!!!

Down played a lot of rugby this season, was a starter at the begginning of the season, was injured earlier this year but has played all games last 4-6 weeks ago if I remember correctly!

Patterson had a few barnstormers but he's nothing special. He is very average at lock, but better at 6. While the Blues are playing pathetically he is a solid performer nothing more.

I saw Copeland a couple of times and if he steps up like everyone thinks he will he's going to be a pearler. Think he was signed on the cheap too, he might be the balance Warbs needs, but Pretorious will struggle at 8 I think, Hamilton would be a better option IMO.

Tumbleweed

Paterson has been excellent in almost everygame this season, he has been superb in the lineout and his tackling ability is up there with the best for a blindside flanker and he is a great on restarts.

Players player of the season and supporters player of the season over Halfpenny, Laulaula, Cuthbert for a reason.

I bet he regrets the injury he got before joining us which kept him out of the ABs squad, because he could still be in that squad.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 04 May 2012, 3:52 pm

He certainly would not be in the NZ squad!!!

He is a solid performer but nothing special, his lineout, and his defence are decent, but he offers little in ball carrying, and he struggles around the park at times. He's like having another lock on the field.

His restarts are team tactical.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 May 2012, 4:01 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:He certainly would not be in the NZ squad!!!

He is a solid performer but nothing special, his lineout, and his defence are decent, but he offers little in ball carrying, and he struggles around the park at times. He's like having another lock on the field.

His restarts are team tactical.

He was about to be called up the the Blacks squad before his injury.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 04 May 2012, 4:02 pm

And I was about to be called up to the Wales squad before my injury... at the age of 12 I broke a nail.

Doesn't mean much!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 2:51 pm

Cardiff Blues are returning to the Arms Park.

Perhaps the worst is over?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 08 May 2012, 5:23 pm

Yeah I seen that it was announced. A lot of fans seem to be happy about that, and it should save a bit of money! What next then?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Yeah I seen that it was announced. A lot of fans seem to be happy about that, and it should save a bit of money! What next then?

Next

Sack Baber
Hire THP/Front row player
Replace Laulaula
Bring in The Chief/Paul John/Rayer/Ring to work under Davies

Then things could get interesting.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 08 May 2012, 5:34 pm

Baber certainly talks a good game, it's not often we see it on the field though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 5:38 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Baber certainly talks a good game, it's not often we see it on the field though.

Baber is awful, he joined after the Amlin win - and look what has happened to the Blues backs since.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 May 2012, 6:40 pm

Chuffed to hear that the Blues are going back to the AP. That's brilliant news for them and local businesses who missed out when things were moved to the CCS. I'd like the O's to follow suit...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 May 2012, 9:12 pm

It's great the Blues are back at the CAP but not sure I agree with this local business thing as the CAP is in the centre of town, all the pubs on Westgate St are always rammed an do good business almost every day the city regularly attracts 8,000 just for every CIA gig (around 2/3 a week) let alone all the shoppers and other events and the fact that a lot of Blues fans would come into town either before/after a game or sometime in the week - I can't really see what businesses have lost out

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 10:13 pm

All hail Richard Holland. notworthy
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 May 2012, 11:27 am

Apparently Phil Davies has been given the chance to change his backroom staff - but no extra cash to do so at the moment. So anyone new will have to be on the same salary.

Not a huge problem when there are decent coaches within the region who could be given a chance - certainly can't be worse than Baber to be honest.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 09 May 2012, 7:56 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:It's great the Blues are back at the CAP but not sure I agree with this local business thing as the CAP is in the centre of town, all the pubs on Westgate St are always rammed an do good business almost every day the city regularly attracts 8,000 just for every CIA gig (around 2/3 a week) let alone all the shoppers and other events and the fact that a lot of Blues fans would come into town either before/after a game or sometime in the week - I can't really see what businesses have lost out

Just go to a game or at least have a stroll around town when there's a match on at CAP and you'll see what I mean compared to when the matches were on at the CCS, which seemed a bit out of the way for some visitors. That place was such a pain in the backside for some fans to get to they didn't bother going anywhere before or after the game. Some were put off going there at all. At least now, fans will be happy to do a bit of shopping, dining, drinking etc somewhere in the city centre just before kick off instead having to worry about getting to and from the venue; and of course there will be additional visitors who just turn up on the night.

Further to your comment, I think saying that the pubs on Westgate Street "are always rammed" is an exaggeration. They're busiest at weekends for sure, as are most places, but not always. For instance - being as you mention the CIA - if people go drinking before and after gigs there at all they nip in the Tavern next door... Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 09 May 2012, 8:20 pm

Cari wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:It's great the Blues are back at the CAP but not sure I agree with this local business thing as the CAP is in the centre of town, all the pubs on Westgate St are always rammed an do good business almost every day the city regularly attracts 8,000 just for every CIA gig (around 2/3 a week) let alone all the shoppers and other events and the fact that a lot of Blues fans would come into town either before/after a game or sometime in the week - I can't really see what businesses have lost out

Just go to a game or at least have a stroll around town when there's a match on at CAP and you'll see what I mean compared to when the matches were on at the CCS, which seemed a bit out of the way for some visitors. That place was such a pain in the backside for some fans to get to they didn't bother going anywhere before or after the game. Some were put off going there at all. At least now, fans will be happy to do a bit of shopping, dining, drinking etc somewhere in the city centre just before kick off instead having to worry about getting to and from the venue; and of course there will be additional visitors who just turn up on the night.

Further to your comment, I think saying that the pubs on Westgate Street "are always rammed" is an exaggeration. They're busiest at weekends for sure, as are most places, but not always. For instance - being as you mention the CIA - if people go drinking before and after gigs there at all they nip in the Tavern next door... Smile

Dempsey's and The City Arms will be rammed when Cardiff Blues are back in town.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 10 May 2012, 8:20 am

I hope so Dave. I like Dempsey's anyway. Good pub. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 9:31 am

as an inhabitent of the city centre, I can safely say the pubs will be much, MUCH busier now that the Blues are back playing at CAP.

They are usually rather quiet until quite late on a Fri or Sat (or at least the Gatekeeper and Dempseys are), but already for the Connacht and Ulster games that have been played at CAP this season, the pubs were a lot busier for them and there was a great buzz in and around the centre. It's a good move for them to go back OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 10 May 2012, 9:49 am

Apologies for the misunderstanding - I didn't mean that pubs would always be rammed - but that they are rammed 2 days a week (weekend) and do a very good trade throughout the week.

Obviously the Blues games would bring x thousand amount of rugby fans to the city but my point being that rugby games go on on the weekend and that shops in the city centre are hardly begging for trade, in comparison to pubs/shops around the Dave, Sardis Road, the Liberty or the PyS (PyS more pubs as the shops do good non-rugby business) which are hugely effected by the rugby - indeed I was let go from the Merlin Hotel (next to Sardis) when I worked there part time just after the Warriors were disbanded.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 10 May 2012, 9:58 am

It's also funny that now the Blues are listening to their fans and have moved from the CCS - and now Cardiff City FC aren't listening to their fans and run the risk of lots of disenchanted fans staying away from the CCS and them maybe even needing the Blues there as an extra tentant to bring cash in...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 10 May 2012, 12:37 pm

Cari wrote:I hope so Dave. I like Dempsey's anyway. Good pub. Smile

I was in Dempsey's for the games at CAP this season and they had to rope in extra staff to cope with the unexpected influx of rugby goers. My intention was to meet in the City Arms, but it was 4 deep at the bar and punters were overflowing onto the pavement.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 10 May 2012, 12:42 pm

Even I might go to the Arms Park for a game or two next season (Heineken Cup ofcourse not Rubbishpro12) to cheer on Cardiffs opposition

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 10 May 2012, 12:51 pm

Steffan wrote:Even I might go to the Arms Park for a game or two next season (Heineken Cup ofcourse not Rubbishpro12) to cheer on Cardiffs opposition

Good for you Steff and your ticket money will be gratefully received.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 10 May 2012, 12:52 pm

Laugh

You still haven't told us who you support, Steffan. If i remember correctly, last time i asked you about it you got a little ruffled and had to be warned about your posts...so if you could tell us who you support without resulting to inappropriate behaviour it would be appreciated.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 10 May 2012, 12:58 pm

gcBlues wrote:Laugh

You still haven't told us who you support, Steffan. If i remember correctly, last time i asked you about it you got a little ruffled and had to be warned about your posts...so if you could tell us who you support without resulting to inappropriate behaviour it would be appreciated.
I didint get warned I got banned for 3 days. Aint gonna let you trick me into that one again. Bye

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 10 May 2012, 1:04 pm

No trickery here, just interested as to why you can have a pop at us and say you'll go to CAP to 'support the opposition' yet you're so precious about not telling us who you support?

Ciao thumbsup

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 10 May 2012, 1:09 pm

gcBlues wrote:No trickery here, just interested as to why you can have a pop at us and say you'll go to CAP to 'support the opposition' yet you're so precious about not telling us who you support?

Ciao thumbsup
To put it as you once did im just a 'bitter Valleys boyo' who wont bow down to the great Peter Thomas and Cardiff rugby superiority. Think that says it all thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 10 May 2012, 1:15 pm

That isn't answering the question. You could be an MP with that sort of reply

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 10 May 2012, 1:16 pm

gcBlues wrote:That isn't answering the question. You could be an MP with that sort of reply
Who says im not Owen Smith hey Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 10 May 2012, 1:19 pm

Steffan wrote:Even I might go to the Arms Park for a game or two next season (Heineken Cup ofcourse not Rubbishpro12) to cheer on Cardiffs opposition

Interesting I thought you would have liked the Rabo as you currently want Valleys Rugby to compete in the Rabo

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 10 May 2012, 1:19 pm

Steffan wrote:
gcBlues wrote:No trickery here, just interested as to why you can have a pop at us and say you'll go to CAP to 'support the opposition' yet you're so precious about not telling us who you support?

Ciao thumbsup
To put it as you once did im just a 'bitter Valleys boyo' who wont bow down to the great Peter Thomas and Cardiff rugby superiority. Think that says it all thumbsup

Good point.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next