The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever wondered what happened to The Greyghost since he got banned?

+20
Cowshot
HammerofThunor
miteyironpaw
HERSH
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
thebluesmancometh
Knowsit17
rodders
TycroesOsprey
Biltong
dogtooth
idris
gregortree
Breadvan
kiakahaaotearoa
damngoodOvalball
doctor_grey
mystiroakey
eirebilly
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ever wondered what happened to The Greyghost since he got banned? - Page 2 Empty Ever wondered what happened to The Greyghost since he got banned?

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 29 Feb 2012, 6:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyC8qT0fbzU&feature=related

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Ever wondered what happened to The Greyghost since he got banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ever wondered what happened to The Greyghost since he got banned?

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:55 am

Will the ghost ever be allowed to return though?

I do actually miss him.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Ever wondered what happened to The Greyghost since he got banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ever wondered what happened to The Greyghost since he got banned?

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:59 am

Linebreaker wrote:
biltongbek wrote:I think Ghost was planning a hostile take over of 606v2, and it was nipped in the bud.

Sad, he would have been a very fair moderator. Laugh

Perhaps... but he had a plethora of infringement points (almost 10 times your average wum, from memory...) and this would have made it very difficult for him to obtain Nominations from the most honourable Members of the v2 Selection Panel. Wink

Shocked So that is how it works?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:00 am

Just noticed your promotion Bilt. Congrats mate, much deserved! thumbsup
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:03 am

cheers bud, I have to behave now though! Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:03 am

biltongbek wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
biltongbek wrote:I think Ghost was planning a hostile take over of 606v2, and it was nipped in the bud.

Sad, he would have been a very fair moderator. Laugh

Perhaps... but he had a plethora of infringement points (almost 10 times your average wum, from memory...) and this would have made it very difficult for him to obtain Nominations from the most honourable Members of the v2 Selection Panel. Wink

Shocked So that is how it works?

More or less.

More in GG's case... but there are also exceptions to the rule on occasions.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:28 am

Who did I offend to get the offer withdrawn?

OK wait ...who didnt I offend.... Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:58 am

biltongbek wrote:cheers bud, I have to behave now though! Doh

I've always thought you were a quality poster Biltong. Reaonsable, rational, level headed, sensible. Making elloquent and valid points. Regularly posting thought provoking material, defusing tiffs with amenable and gentle intervention, humble in victory and magnanimous in defeat (other than when SA were clearly robbed in the world cup by vile conspiracy and blatant cheating and incompetence).

Yes, you are a true gentleman of the boards, and a mighty giant of insightful and entertaining rugby banter, accurately applying statistics to perceptive analysis to invariably arrive at irrefutable conclusions.

Well done, congratualtions and please remember all this grease next time I'm naughty.

miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:00 am

miteyironpaw wrote:

I've always thought you were a quality poster Biltong. Reaonsable, rational, level headed, sensible. Making elloquent and valid points. Regularly posting thought provoking material, defusing tiffs with amenable and gentle intervention, humble in victory and magnanimous in defeat (other than when SA were clearly robbed in the world cup by vile conspiracy and blatant cheating and incompetence).

Yes, you are a true gentleman of the boards, and a mighty giant of insightful and entertaining rugby banter, accurately applying statistics to perceptive analysis to invariably arrive at irrefutable conclusions.

Well done, congratualtions and please remember all this grease next time I'm naughty.

Laugh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

I'm sure he'll give you a lot less rope than he'd give Bryce Lawrence, mitey.

p.s. I was only kidding above. You are one of the best behaved posters on here and hardly ever naughty. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:05 am

Linebreaker wrote:I'm sure he'll give you a lot less rope than he'd give Bryce Lawrence, mitey.

p.s. I was only kidding above. You are one of the best behaved posters on here and hardly ever naughty. OK

Shocked

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:08 am

Cat caught yer tongue, Bikkies? Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:17 am

miteyironpaw wrote:

Very Happy

well done biltong
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:18 am

Linebreaker wrote:I'm sure he'll give you a lot less rope than he'd give Bryce Lawrence, mitey.

I'm going to print that out and frame it. Or just save the link to this post when I'm getting tetchy PMs. kiss
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:19 am

Sorry I thought for a second youd accussed MiteyGhost of being one of the best behaved posters on here

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:25 am

miteyironpaw wrote:

thanks mitey, you almost had me puffing out my chest and close to tears there. It reminded me of the 1995 RWC opening match when our Boks stood proudly with little wet spots on their lilly white shorts singing Nkosi Sikhelele 'Africa.

I am going to print and frame this post, it'll remind me of how eloquent and positively inspiring you can be. remember I now know stuff, and if you stray from the righteous path, I will haunt you with what you are capable of and come down on you like a sack of potatoes. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

See how quickly the power gets to him?

You're more like this I bet...

Sam at Work...

Having a short break with mitey. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:36 am

Power, I have power?

Can I at least pick my power?

I always wanted to fly like superman. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:37 am

biltongbek wrote:
miteyironpaw wrote:

thanks mitey, you almost had me puffing out my chest and close to tears there. It reminded me of the 1995 RWC opening match when our Boks stood proudly with little wet spots on their lilly white shorts singing Nkosi Sikhelele 'Africa.

I am going to print and frame this post, it'll remind me of how eloquent and positively inspiring you can be. remember I now know stuff, and if you stray from the righteous path, I will haunt you with what you are capable of and come down on you like a sack of potatoes. thumbsup

thumbsup Couldn't ask for fairer than that.

Potatoes? GREAT idea. Why didn't I think of that? Clearly that's why you get the power keyboard. Excellent thought. Hug

Would you like me to get it framed for you? Don't want to have you wasting time and money on trivia when there are minions who could get stuff done for a man in a position of great power and responsibility, who must be far to busy to be concerned with such mundane trivialities.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

Damn Moderators instigating topic hijacks on threads... I thought you were supposed to be above this? Whistle

Last edited by eirebilly on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

Yes, power and authority. Scary. Laugh

At least we know you are a fair person who leaves his biases in a small brown carry-on bag in the same alley where BL happens to be in need of assistance.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:52 am

Yeah, i thought Coming down on you like a sack of bricks would be a tad too cruel. Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:53 am

err whats going on bilt lol- your a mod!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

so gents, this is how it is going to be today?

Rag the new mod?

Remember I don't forget stuff. zen
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

just go easy on me thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

mystiroakey wrote:err whats going on bilt lol- your a mod!!!
Yeah, they considered Mitey and you, but I got it by one vote. It seems all the sucking up I have been doing over the past 12 months have worked. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:57 am

clap

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

Yes, we'll have to work on his spelling, syntax and correct use of tense but he should be OK.

He's got a very soft touch when it comes to handling sensitive sporting issues as we all know. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

Nice LB. laughing
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

ermm - just realised a mod can edit without showing that he has- you changed that 3 times line!

so thats why you wanna be a mod bilt- if you get the stats wrong you can secretly amend!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:10 pm

Shocked My stats are never wrong, well 90% of the time.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

So what controversies do you predict will happen this year and what should be the proper outcome in your unbiased view, BB?

(just joking again. That would be a very long thread indeed. Perhaps save it for Week 5 of Super Rugby, yes?)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ermm - just realised a mod can edit without showing that he has- you changed that 3 times line!

so thats why you wanna be a mod bilt- if you get the stats wrong you can secretly amend!!

Mysti, we can edit a post, spelling corrections, etc up until someone else posts. Have to be quick though. If they do, then it shows up as 'edited 1 time' under the post.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:15 pm

oh ok got ya!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:24 pm

LB, i can bet you every cent I own (Not that it will be much in Ozzie dollars Rolling Eyes ) that the ruck and the scrum will influence more games than ever before.

Tournaments in my view are losing credibility becuase of it.

I am a straight up and down guy. rugby for me is a game that is won and lost on physical ability. who can run through or around who, which team has the best physicality and skills and can outmuscle or outplay each other.

I hate the fact that rugby is becoming a sport where you gain the favour of the official (not the biased way, but the interpretation) and win matches because you are playing chess rather than rugby.

Go look at school rugby, there the kids play rugby, they tackle, they run and they score tries. There is a purity about it that has gotten lost becase of two things. Professionalism and complicating laws in an effort to "speed" up the game.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

Yeah, that's exactly the way I like my rugby too.

Great that we have all this technology and information but the focus must be on the game itself. We don't want it ending up like other sports where time is deliberately wasted; the clock ticks down... and this is seen as clever play which deserves reward.

It's all about the contest - and rucks and scrums are still very important aspects of the tussle for possession and field position - but this has been overshadowed by interpretations of simple laws (in the middle of a match!) which naturally interrupts the natural flow of the game and is not even 100% correct all of the time. This is very unappealing for the spectator and the players too are forced to suffer unfairly in the midst of it all.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:25 pm

Does anyone else read posts in the (imagined) accent of the posters? I've only just noticed that i do. In my mind you've all got really strong national/regional accents. Think i need to get out more.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

Yeah, I do. And man does RubyGuby's accent grate on my nerves.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

Smile
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:Yeah, I do. And man does RubyGuby's accent grate on my nerves.
mitey, altho I know that you are clearly from England, your accent does have a slight SH twang to it, somewhat Southern Cross-ish? Headscratch

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Does anyone else read posts in the (imagined) accent of the posters? I've only just noticed that i do. In my mind you've all got really strong national/regional accents. Think i need to get out more.

That's OK. I do have a fairly strong NZ accent anyway Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Does anyone else read posts in the (imagined) accent of the posters? I've only just noticed that i do. In my mind you've all got really strong national/regional accents. Think i need to get out more.

Is there such a thing, Pete?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Thats the same as an Aussie accent isn't it?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

Whistle
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

All Aussies are 'Kath and Kim' in my head. Sorry about that.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

"Caaardonnay" Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

The Aussie PM has the worst accent I've ever heard on anyone, ever. It's like she's a parody of herself.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:48 pm

HERSH wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

Thats the same as an Aussie accent isn't it?

They're about as close as a Somerset and a Gloucester accent. Dead identical boxing Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:"Caaardonnay" Laugh
Laugh
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

I've seen TheGreyGhost post on "links advertising rival sites are not allowed and for the record, it is not the choice of TGG to return as he has been banned" so if anyone wants to try and convince him to come back have a crack there Smile

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:43 am

VOICES:
I'm desperately trying NOT to hear Jonathan Davies' whiney voice when I read my Welsh friends' posts on here. This would be so unfair on them, as I'm sure they do not really sound like that.

I have 1 Kiwi mate, so I hear his voice for the Kiwis.

Hardly any French write on this 'british & eire ' board, but if there were, I'd probably think of Peter Sellers.

Eirebilly: i have a few Ulster acquaintances, so I can hear your voice ok. [No not booming Rev Paisley you'll be glad to know.]
Scots: I can do no greater honour than think of the great Bill McLaren's Borders Burr. But sometimes Billy Connolly gets in the way.

I'm London cockney / cross Glos, hard to imagine I suppose.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next