The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone who wondered about the ending of Orton Vs Bryan

+4
Kid Vicious
TheCultOfPersonality
Crimey
hodge
8 posters

Go down

Anyone who wondered about the ending of Orton Vs Bryan Empty Anyone who wondered about the ending of Orton Vs Bryan

Post by hodge Wed 19 Jun 2013, 1:50 am

There are conflicting reports on what went down between Triple H and Daniel Bryan backstage at RAW Monday night. As seen on RAW, Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan after the referee stopped the match as Bryan appeared to be injured. It was later revealed that he suffered a "stinger". As reported, the finish was a legit "shoot" as the original outcome had Bryan pinning Orton clean. This was being done to continue pushing Daniel Bryan as they have major plans for him this summer and he's expected to headline SummerSlam against John Cena.

After the match was over, Daniel Bryan was said to have been "irate" backstage and approached Triple H at the gorilla position. The two got into a heated shouting match with Bryan saying he's wrestled all over the world and knows how far he can go and how injured he really was. Triple H countered that they were protecting Bryan and didn't want anyone hurt, especially with major plans in place for him. The two eventually apologized to each other and Bryan is backstage at SmackDown tonight, where he will face Dean Ambrose as scheduled. There were several witnesses to this with a lot of them "shocked" to see Bryan so upset. Backstage, he's known as a "soft spoken, easy going" guy who never causes any issues. They were shocked at the fact that he was standing up to someone as high up as Triple H. WWE.com posted a video with Triple H late last night where he addressed the issue. The question is - were Triple H and Daniel Bryan "in on it" and set up a "shoot" atmosphere backstage? That now seems unlikely as the injury, which was legitimate, obviously wasn't planned beforehand and the backstage argument would have never occurred if he wasn't injured in the first place.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Anyone who wondered about the ending of Orton Vs Bryan Empty Re: Anyone who wondered about the ending of Orton Vs Bryan

Post by Crimey Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:00 am

I think the most likely thing, and what I had read is that the injury was legitimate, it wasn't serious, but as they explained it was a 'stinger' so they couldn't know.

The angriness at Bryan is apparently just an angle, I don't think it happened at all, they just decided to add it in later so as to make the show appear a bit smoother I think. I don't think it actually happened.

Bryan may have been a bit annoyed that the match was ended when he wasn't actually injured to be fair, as he was scheduled to win.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone who wondered about the ending of Orton Vs Bryan Empty Re: Anyone who wondered about the ending of Orton Vs Bryan

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:05 am

I think WWE were right to stop the match even though Daniel Bryan wouldn't have agreed with it. Bryan is now one of there top talents, and HHH knows this so he has to protect him, especially because he's lined up for a major summer push. Although the injury wasn't serious, they have to consider the well being on their talents.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:36 am

I've not seen Raw yet, but from what I've read, HHH et al made the right call. OK, Daniel Bryan knows his own body, I get his argument, but it's not like the business doesn't have a history of guys that have pushed themselves too hard in order to keep hold of a spot. I'm not necessarily making a morbid suggestion either; Paul Orndorff and Dynamite Kid are the first examples that spring to mind. Who knows what condition JBL, Rey Mysterio and Mick Foley will be in in a few years after years of working hurt? They had to make a call in a moment, and a match on Raw isn't worth it. If it was at Summerslam, I'd be inclined to give Daniel Bryan the benefit of the doubt.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:40 am

Short term pain long term gain as far as Bryan is concerned.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:42 am

The downfall of many a wrestler.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 1:54 pm

It was absolutely the right call to make, regardless of whether or not WWE have got big plans for Daniel Bryan Danielson over the summer. If a wrestler is injured and the medical team can't ascertain how serious (or not) it may be, they should just call an audible and stop the match. Of course the wrestlers themselves will want to continue, it's been ingrained in them to finish the match but it's good to see that WWE are taking the view that the show doesn't necessarily have to go on when it comes to potential injuries to their talent.

As for the blow up between DBD and Triple H, I'd love to have been there for that conversation (if it happened that is).

"Why dya stop the match? I coulda carried on! YES!"

"Because-uhh we've got-uhh big plans-uhh for you-uhh!"

"Oh yeah? Like what? YES!"

"Like-uhh losing to John Cena-uhh at Summerslam-uhh!"

"YES!.....I mean NO!"

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

It made me like Randy Orton all the more, he seemed genuinely disappointed for DB after the match. Hard to tell with the argument as they were so happy to throw it in and make a point of it during the show and on the site.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 20 Jun 2013, 3:13 am

Im surprised so many people are calling legit about this, when I saw it I just took it as being a work, given the recent injury storyline WWE are running and Zigglers match the night before, plus it allows them to keep both Bryan and Orton strong.

On another note, I think the 'worked' injury angle could be used more often in wrestling, obviously it would have to be done very carefully and sparingly, but it would make a change from the endless countout/DQ/interference finishes of matches that neither guy should lose.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:44 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Im surprised so many people are calling legit about this, when I saw it I just took it as being a work, given the recent injury storyline WWE are running and Zigglers match the night before, plus it allows them to keep both Bryan and Orton strong.

On another note, I think the 'worked' injury angle could be used more often in wrestling, obviously it would have to be done very carefully and sparingly, but it would make a change from the endless countout/DQ/interference finishes of matches that neither guy should lose.

Most dirt-sheets are saying it's legit, I was pretty sure that it was as well, it didn't come across well on TV, it was very disjointed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm

Yeah when watching I thought it would have looked smoother if it was a work, people didn't quite seem to know what was going on

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down