The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Wrestlemania 28

+13
Don Caboose
Shot 21 LCFC
DDT
Luke
goldustismyhero
Bull
ADMIN
Mr H
Samo
Crimey
MtotheC
Adam D
djcc2004
17 posters

Go down

After Wrestlemania 28 Empty After Wrestlemania 28

Post by djcc2004 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 6:41 pm

John Cena and the Rock are on a collision course that will finally culminate with a main event match at WrestleMania XXVIII. Make no mistake, this is definitely your main event of the evening. Yahoo

This past Monday on Raw, Cena finally showed some guts and, for possibly the first time, verbally dueled with the Great One and actually came out on top. Rocky seemed legitimately flustered when Cena pointed out to the millions that the Rock writes promo notes on his wrist, something he's done for years.

In any event, this match is going to be be well worth y$60. Cena always brings it on a big stage, and the Rock knows that the pressure will be on to deliver a great performance.

But how do you book the match?

Do you turn John Cena heel mad at WrestleMania and have him destroy the Rock, sending him back to the movies and cementing Cena as the focal point of Raw yet again?

Do you have Cena beat Rock in a grueling match and have Rocky shake his hand, endorsing Cena as the man going forward?

Or do you have the Rock beat Cena?

I guarantee you that each one of those scenarios has crossed Vince McMahon's mind at least once. Does WWE really have the guts to turn their top babyface of the last decade heel? What about the merchandising? What about hustle, loyalty and respect?

What about the children?!

You have to consider if there is money to be made with turning Cena to the dark side. Would you watch a babyface CM Punk or Randy Orton take on a mega heel Cena? I'm not sure.

It would definitely be intriguing the first couple of times, but what kind of heel would Cena be? He can't return to his white rapper past because it is too gimmicky, and he wouldn't be believable as a sniveling coward.

So, while the idea of a heel Cena intrigues me, I'm not sure if it's the best idea in the world.

As for the next possibility, do you really think that the fans would buy the Rock endorsing Cena?

Rocky has verbally torn Cena a new one every single time he's gotten a live microphone. If the Rock endorses Cena with a handshake or (shudder) a man-hug, older fans are going to cr*p all over it.

Attitude Era fans see the Rock as their guy—the man who is going to put John Cena in his place, a man who represents when wrestling was cool—not this watered-down PG-era stuff where Cena kisses the fans backsides every week.

An endorsement would absolutely ruin that image, and fans might be extremely turned off by that.

Finally, would WWE do the unthinkable and actually have the Rock pin Cena to close WrestleMania? It's seems extremely unlikely, but you have to think that the possibility is there.

Look, I know that the Rock is finished full-time with WWE. He makes way too much money as a movie star and doesn't have to put his 40-year-old body through a beating 200 days a year anymore. Having your top guy lose to a part-time movie star doesn't seem like good business.

However, wouldn't that be an interesting twist to this whole saga? The Rock pins Cena and heads back to Hollywood with his mythical image still intact. Meanwhile, Cena has to rededicate himself to his career and not just being a pandering, joke-spewing idiot to the crowd every time they boo him.

Smart money says Cena is going to get the win; that's the way I'd wager if gambling on wrestling was legal. However, WWE is very weird when they believe fans know something is going to happen.

Look at the Royal Rumble.

WWE felt too many fans knew Chris Jericho was penciled in as the winner, so they switched it to Sheamus at the very last second. The crowd went apathetic at that one. McMahon is in a very strange place right now, so don't put anything past him.

Fans aren't too worried about the night after WrestleMania because we already know Rock vs. Cena is going to be one hell of a show. However, WWE should be extremely careful about how they book this match.

You could end up with John Cena as the new heel on Raw, you could change his character entirely fora nice change of pace or, worst of all, you could maintain the status quo.

link to article http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1085228-wwe-what-happens-after-the-rock-and-john-cena-clash-at-wrestlemania

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

After Wrestlemania 28 Empty Re: After Wrestlemania 28

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

I think you have thrown up something that I hadnt considered.

Rock wins which is what tips over Cena to become a heel post Mania.

good article - good to see that you are contributing something worthwhile to the site thumbsup

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:40 pm

I don't understand why certain comments on this thread have been deleted yet not all the comments have been?! Creative moderation?!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:44 pm

MtotheC wrote:I don't understand why certain comments on this thread have been deleted yet not all the comments have been?! Creative moderation?!

I removed the comments that broke the rules. Unusual that I would do that...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

I think that when thread moderation occurs the Mod/Admin who did it should post saying that they did so, to avoid confusion.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:48 pm

Crimey wrote:
MtotheC wrote:I don't understand why certain comments on this thread have been deleted yet not all the comments have been?! Creative moderation?!

Why the sarcastic tone? I was only enquiring as to why comments had been removed and certain ones remain!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

We keep a record of everything we remove so if anybody does have any queries, it's better to PM an admin and they can tell you.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

MtotheC wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Why the sarcastic tone? I was only enquiring as to why comments had been removed and certain ones remain!

I just didn't particularly like the accusation-like tone in your post. Anyway...I removed them so people could actually debate on the topic, so let's do that debate the topic.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:53 pm

Can I also make a suggestion that if a post contravenes the rules that the poster is updated some how? As I've had posts removed and I'm not sure why (obviously they broke the rules) but some communication would be good so we know why. Thanks

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

Suggestion noted.

I normally do for most posts if they're a bit more ambiguous, but I felt with those posts it'd be obvious to both posters why.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 29 Feb 2012, 10:28 pm

It wasn't me who had comments removed by the way, honest!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 29 Feb 2012, 10:59 pm

The clues obviously point to a Cena heel win which does make the most sense, the baby face Cena as certainly runs its course and it needs the fresh legs that a stint as a heel can provide.
It also gives fresh dynamics to the main show, does WWE bite the bullet properly with Punk, the edgier product aimed at the older teen or does it play a safer and tried and tested option of drafting back across Orton to have Cena v Orton part 37 yet with the twist of Cena being the heel this time.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:17 pm

please dont give us Orton v Cena part 37

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:35 pm

come on if your copying something at least credit it, saw this near enough word for worf on bleacher report earlier!

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Wed 29 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

link to article http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1085228-wwe-what-happens-after-the-rock-and-john-cena-clash-at-wrestlemania

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:58 am

I don't know why, but i keep getting the feeling that its going to be a srew job ending to this match (like Brett/Shawn), if they do turn Cena Heel.
Afterwards, not sure who Cena faces but can see another serious with Punk at some point
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:10 am

There is one way of having a clean ending, but keeping the other guy looking strong. Remember Stone Cold against Bret Hart were Stone Cold refused to quit, and ended up passing out rather than quitting. Even though BH won that match, Stone Cold was the guy who came out of the match with the most credit, which turned him face, and started his run to the top.

I suppose they could do the same with The Rock and his sharpshooter, or Cena, and that lame copy of the cripplers cross face, he attempts. I wonder wether WWE will go down that road with the ending, as knowone else seems to have mentioned it.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:15 am

goldustismyhero wrote:come on if your copying something at least credit it, saw this near enough word for worf on bleacher report earlier!

Which is ironic considering what he had been saying on another thread...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:52 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:please dont give us Orton v Cena part 37

But with Cena being the heel this time, it would be something different...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 01 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
TheBrahmaBull wrote:please dont give us Orton v Cena part 37

But with Cena being the heel this time, it would be something different...

Not different enough though, considering Orton's offence hasn't changed much since turning face and Cena's face offence gets booed anyway.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

Crimey wrote:
goldustismyhero wrote:come on if your copying something at least credit it, saw this near enough word for worf on bleacher report earlier!

Which is ironic considering what he had been saying on another thread...

What you mean?

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

He means the OP, on another thread accused someone of copying and pasting, and then did it himself on this thread. Only (I believe) the person he accused didn't copy and paste his info.

Last edited by MIG on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

oh ok didnt spot the other thread

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

I thought 606 was always a way of showing your own articles and people commenting and debating...okay it degraded into forumfest towards the end but something should be done about people that do this and don't even link the article.

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:15 pm

Engel Harlequin wrote:I thought 606 was always a way of showing your own articles and people commenting and debating...okay it degraded into forumfest towards the end but something should be done about people that do this and don't even link the article.

Somebody should call the IWC Police warning

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:22 pm

Somebody just called me? What is it?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:32 pm

Samo wrote:I think that when thread moderation occurs the Mod/Admin who did it should post saying that they did so, to avoid confusion.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:50 pm

I haven't done any modding...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

Engel Harlequin wrote:I thought 606 was always a way of showing your own articles and people commenting and debating...okay it degraded into forumfest towards the end but something should be done about people that do this and don't even link the article.

Some sites are actually now encrypted so when you copy text it automatically pastes the URL of the article.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm

I can see Rock winning, Kane then coming out on Raw saying how he told Cena he would lose if he didn't embrace the hate, over the course of the next month or so Kane eventually pushes Cena over the edge with taunts over whats happened over the last month causing him to lose it and start enjoying beating down his opponents more than he needs to, this would link back to Mania where he would throw everything but the kitchen sink at the rock, think he has the match won and Rock quickly turns it around and wins. Come Summerslam Cena and Rock have a rematch in say a last man standing match where Cena destroys the rock putting over his heel persona of beating down people greatly and enjoying doing so.

Either that or I can see Cena winning dirty at mania in his desperation to beat the rock. Crowd then turns on Cena for resorting to such measures.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down