The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 nations player of the tournament so far?

+30
A World Cup and 3 Finals
Mickado
whocares
propdavid_london
Glas a du
EnglishReign
Thomond
funnyExiledScot
mystiroakey
BigTrevsbigmac
Shifty
Biltong
thebluesmancometh
belovedfrosties
miteyironpaw
maestegmafia
Taffineastbourne
king_carlos
flyhalffactory
RubyGuby
SecretFly
Rory_Gallagher
yappysnap
rodders
ChequeredJersey
gelodge
wales606
majesticimperialman
eirebilly
Pot Noodle Miner
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

6 nations player of the tournament so far? - Page 3 Empty 6 nations player of the tournament so far?

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:18 am

First topic message reminder :

In my opinion its been Wales flanker Dan Lydiate despite missing the first game he's been outstanding he was top tackle against England with 17 tackles made and 0 missed, he's always quick out of the block and carries well too, he's a very under rated player imo, sort of in the shadow of the impressive captain warburton,
so who does everyone else think has been the player of the tournament so far?
Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

6 nations player of the tournament so far? - Page 3 Empty Re: 6 nations player of the tournament so far?

Post by Chjw131 Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:47 am

It's Penryn mate, we're so much better than Lanner it hurts. We have a supermarket here and everything!

Ok I was over-egging it a bit, he's been tolerable. I would rather have seen Tom Wood play there if he was fit. Perhaps he'd look better at 6?

Suffice to say there's a reason he hasn't had any caps up to this point and he's done little to persuade me that it should have been any other way. Unlike Haskell who proved himself very well at 7. last year, or Barrit who's looked superb in defence.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

6 nations player of the tournament so far? - Page 3 Empty Re: 6 nations player of the tournament so far?

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:54 am

Chjw131 wrote:It's Penryn mate, we're so much better than Lanner it hurts. We have a supermarket here and everything!

Ok I was over-egging it a bit, he's been tolerable. I would rather have seen Tom Wood play there if he was fit. Perhaps he'd look better at 6?

Suffice to say there's a reason he hasn't had any caps up to this point and he's done little to persuade me that it should have been any other way. Unlike Haskell who proved himself very well at 7. last year, or Barrit who's looked superb in defence.

I think it's fair to say he would look better at 6, because he just isn't a 7. He hasn't been anonymous IMO, he has made a LOT of tackles and carries (even if they are hard yards, not big carries at all) and there have been quick hands moments (plus that one dire pass against Scotland) where he shown elements of a link man. But he is not an International 7.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by tom_watson Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:58 am

Robshaw.

- Taken to international rugby as a duck to water.

- Hasn't led the pressure of being England captain after a single cap get to him.

- Had been influential and inspired his teammates with his work-rate.

- Huge tackle count and offers himself as a ball carrier.

tom_watson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:15 am

Fofana 4 from 4 what's the odds? thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:57 am

Although he only played one game, Dan Parks for me. England are really missing his creativity. The way he set up Hodgson showed great class. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3