The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 1st Round Mock Draft

+8
Number-25
Good Golly I'm Olly
skins4ever
crazy_dave23
TM Moot
Thomond
TheBrownTown
Derbyblue
12 posters

Go down

My 1st Round Mock Draft Empty My 1st Round Mock Draft

Post by Derbyblue Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

1) Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2) Cleveland Browns- Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3) Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4) St Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6) Washington Redskins- Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
7) Jacksonville Jaguars- Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
8) Miami Dolphins- Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
9) Carolina Panthers- Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
10) Buffalo Bills- Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
11) Kansas City Chiefs- Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
12) New York Jets- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
13) Arizona Cardinals- Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
14) Dallas Cowboys- David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
15) Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
16) Seattle Seahawks- Ryan Tannehil, QB, Texas A&M
17) Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
18) San Diego Chargers- Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
19) Chicago Bears- Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
20) Tennessee Titans- Peter Konz, OC, Wisconsin
21) Cincinnati Bengals- David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
22) St Louis Rams- Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
23) Detroit Lions- Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
24) Pittsburgh Steelers- Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
25) Denver Broncos- Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
26) Houston Texans- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
27) New England Patriots- Devon Still, DT, Penn State
28) Green Bay Packers- Nick Perry, OLB/DE, USC
29) Baltimore Ravens- Dont’a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
30) San Francisco 49ers- Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
31) New England Patriots- Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina
32) New York Giants- Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

Trades: Browns #4 and #22 picks for Rams #2 I don't like the trade but I see it happenning.
New York Jets #16 and #77 for Seahawks #12 pick.

Let me know what you think.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

My 1st Round Mock Draft Empty Re: My 1st Round Mock Draft

Post by TheBrownTown Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

That's a very nice mock Derby, just one thing I disagree with. I don't think Jonathon Martin will go after Mike Adams and I reckon Martin goes top 20, but other than that I really like it, good job.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

TheBrownTown wrote:That's a very nice mock Derby, just one thing I disagree with. I don't think Jonathon Martin will go after Mike Adams and I reckon Martin goes top 20, but other than that I really like it, good job.
I did have Martin going above Adams first, but saw some drafts that had it the other way round so decided to follow suit.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:07 pm

Think Wright might be ahead of Jeffery but that's just a matter of opinion

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:17 pm

Interested to see David Wilson go 21st. In the 606mock, Wilson went 60th to the Packers (would be quite happy to see that).

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:58 pm

TM Moot wrote:Interested to see David Wilson go 21st. In the 606mock, Wilson went 60th to the Packers (would be quite happy to see that).

Deal of the century on our mock by me Very Happy

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

Thomond wrote:Think Wright might be ahead of Jeffery but that's just a matter of opinion
I felt he better fit what I think Chicago need from a receiver, a real end zone threat and with his height I think if needed Cutler could throw the ball into a position where either Jeffery catches it or nobody does, should give them more options for TDs outside of kick returns and Forte. In reality if I was the Bears GM I would never have traded Olsen for just a 3rd.

TM Moot wrote:Interested to see David Wilson go 21st. In the 606mock, Wilson went 60th to the Packers (would be quite happy to see that).
I'm not sure he's necessarilly worth being taken in the first but I know he's moved up in many peoples eyes to being the second best back, I worry about fumbles and that his dynamic play making ability is a few times drive ending, but he could go into a committee sort of system with Bernard Scott, limiting the negative effect of both. Cincinnati have already used their tag on their kicker so Benson probably isn't returning which makes running back a position of need to help keep Dalton upright in the AFC North, I did at one point have them doing a big trade up to grab Richardson but don't really see it happening so I removed it.

Thanks for the feeback guys, keep it coming. thumbsup

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:07 pm

Right;

Can't disagree with much of the beginning. The Rams do however seem to be showing signs of wanting to go get Morris Claibourne so I might have gone that way, but Blackmon is another sensible pick.

Not sure if the Bills would go for Floyd, but his stock is rising and they do need to make sure Ryan Fitzpatrick can attempt to justify his salary.

I like Trent Richardson trade - I actually hate it, but that's only because it would mean the Jets get a great player. He is falling here and so it seems logical for the Jets to go up and grab him. That said i'm not sure anyone would have taken Richardson before the Jets original pick but I suppose you have to be cautious about teams like Cincinnati that could also have traded up. It also means Seattle gets Tannehill and I think that seems like a good move that doesn't ludicrously overvalue the A&M QB... he would still be overrated at 16 but its a QB after all.

As previously mentioned by someone else I would switch Martin and Adams in terms of how OTs are drafted.

Alshon Jeffrey is a guy I really like, but i appreciate he had a major drop in production and attitude last year. He is a first rounder if he wants to be but it depends very much on his pro day - you could call him overdrafted here. In terms of a fit he would seem perfect for the Bears. They already have the speed guys in Hester and Knox so a bigger target would seem perfect and Roy Williams is not really an answer for that.

I think my biggest disagreement is the Bengals going for David Wilson. I think he is better than all the fumbles, but I dont think he is worth a first rounder in the modern NFL world. I figure a few backs will come off the board in rd2 - probably Wilson, Miller and Martin... maybe Polk where the value is a bit better. I reckon Cincy will draft one in that range.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 05 Mar 2012, 2:56 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:Not sure if the Bills would go for Floyd, but his stock is rising and they do need to make sure Ryan Fitzpatrick can attempt to justify his salary.

I like Trent Richardson trade - I actually hate it, but that's only because it would mean the Jets get a great player. He is falling here and so it seems logical for the Jets to go up and grab him. That said i'm not sure anyone would have taken Richardson before the Jets original pick but I suppose you have to be cautious about teams like Cincinnati that could also have traded up. It also means Seattle gets Tannehill and I think that seems like a good move that doesn't ludicrously overvalue the A&M QB... he would still be overrated at 16 but its a QB after all.

As previously mentioned by someone else I would switch Martin and Adams in terms of how OTs are drafted.

Alshon Jeffrey is a guy I really like, but i appreciate he had a major drop in production and attitude last year. He is a first rounder if he wants to be but it depends very much on his pro day - you could call him overdrafted here. In terms of a fit he would seem perfect for the Bears. They already have the speed guys in Hester and Knox so a bigger target would seem perfect and Roy Williams is not really an answer for that.

I think my biggest disagreement is the Bengals going for David Wilson. I think he is better than all the fumbles, but I dont think he is worth a first rounder in the modern NFL world. I figure a few backs will come off the board in rd2 - probably Wilson, Miller and Martin... maybe Polk where the value is a bit better. I reckon Cincy will draft one in that range.
If the Bills resign Stevie Johnson, that pick will be changing but I expect a WR at some point in the draft, Fitzpatrick is a waste of money without being given some more targets, either that or maybe they grab one of the top 3 TE's in the second.

I'm not sure the trade will happen as I think New York will be happy to let Richardson fall to them only threat is probably Cincinnati trading up ahead of them, but I don't like the idea of Tannehill that high and Seattle will get more value from it as they get the extra pick in the trade. Think Seattle means that Tannehill won't be an instant starter which is probably good considering the lack of experience.

I just think if Jeffery can have a good pro day he's a first rounder, and should fit what that Bears offense needs from a receiver who can just go up there and grab it, another option depending on how Jeffery performs and if they don't want O-line help could be to look at trading back a few spots and getting Stephen Hill who has height and speed so is arguably more of a threat than Jeffery but can be more of a risk due to the limited tape.

I won't lie the Bengals taking Wilson was partly down to trying to work out who else they could take and my brain kept going back to an RB, I already decided not to have them do a big trade up to grab Richardson in the top 10, but they could trade up just above the Jets and probably get Richardson while keeping their second 1st round pick.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

I'm of the firm belief that if the Skins can't trade up for RGIII they'll trade down and possibly look to get Tannehill a few places down, or even trade out of the first round and pile up some picks. We don't need an OT bad enough to pass on a possible franchise QB, unless something happens in FA.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Patriots would take Mark Barron if he was available in the first round rather than Devon Still at DT. Safety is more of a priority as we have Wilfork at DT and
need to improve the secondary.

Other than that I like it Very Happy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:02 pm

skins4ever wrote:I'm of the firm belief that if the Skins can't trade up for RGIII they'll trade down and possibly look to get Tannehill a few places down, or even trade out of the first round and pile up some picks. We don't need an OT bad enough to pass on a possible franchise QB, unless something happens in FA.

Yeah I've always said that if we can't trade up for RG3 then we better hope that Blackmon or Claiborne falls to us cos they're the only guys left who would be good value for us there and who would fill a real need. Otherwise, we'd no doubt love to trade down but I really doubt that will be an option for us cos I don't see who is left that teams would be mad enough about that they absolutely thought they had to get and would give up a lot to trade up to get him cos to get the 6th pick, you're gonna have to give up a lot to get there if you're coming from more than 2 or 3 spots behind it.

If we can't get RG3 then I think we're stuck with the 6th pick and in that scenario we've got to hope Blackmon or Claiborne falls to us as they're the only guys left who represent good value at that pick and who fill a real need. Otherwise, someone like Rieff might be the best remaining fall back option cos you can never have enough good O-Linemen.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:43 pm

ollyrules wrote:Patriots would take Mark Barron if he was available in the first round rather than Devon Still at DT. Safety is more of a priority as we have Wilfork at DT and
need to improve the secondary.

Other than that I like it Very Happy
Not going to lie, thought I'd given you a CB and Still, but have you taking Zach Brown at 31. Was hard to decide on who the Patriots could take, most of the defense could use help and you could argue for adding young O-linemen like they did with the pick of Solder last year. Wilfork did have one of his best years but I don't really see anyone who would give opposing offensive co-ordinators headaches, one way of helping the secondary is to pressure the quarterback. Looking at your roster you do have literally 0 strong safety's so maybe the Zach Brown pick will change to Barron in a later mock, cornerback might be slightly less of a need when Ras-I Dowling returns.

Number-25 wrote:
skins4ever wrote:I'm of the firm belief that if the Skins can't trade up for RGIII they'll trade down and possibly look to get Tannehill a few places down, or even trade out of the first round and pile up some picks. We don't need an OT bad enough to pass on a possible franchise QB, unless something happens in FA.
Yeah I've always said that if we can't trade up for RG3 then we better hope that Blackmon or Claiborne falls to us cos they're the only guys left who would be good value for us there and who would fill a real need. Otherwise, we'd no doubt love to trade down but I really doubt that will be an option for us cos I don't see who is left that teams would be mad enough about that they absolutely thought they had to get and would give up a lot to trade up to get him cos to get the 6th pick, you're gonna have to give up a lot to get there if you're coming from more than 2 or 3 spots behind it.

If we can't get RG3 then I think we're stuck with the 6th pick and in that scenario we've got to hope Blackmon or Claiborne falls to us as they're the only guys left who represent good value at that pick and who fill a real need. Otherwise, someone like Rieff might be the best remaining fall back option cos you can never have enough good O-Linemen.
Skins- The thing is I'm not sure who there is to really trade up for, someone desperate for Tannehill may offer to stop you taking him (but I can't predict that until some FA deals have happened) or maybe a team trades up to beat Jacksonville and Miami to the top pass rushers, probably wouldn't affect Jacksonville as I think many have Coples higher but the Jaguars are high on character and Brown was lazy last year so they could still get Ingram.

Number-25- Part of my reasoning was I believe Trent Williams is one wrong move away from a year suspension so young tackles may be pretty useful soon. I was also struggling to see who you take, don't think Tannehill is really that likely, don't see you thinking about Richardson, too early to take Floyd, probably too early for Kirkpatrick, have a good linebacker group so I was left thinking either DE or OT.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:29 pm

Yep, I tend to agree, if RG3, Blackmon and Claiborne are all gone like they are here then it's a nightmare scenario for the Skins - got a million holes to fill but stuck with a pick that no-one wants to trade for and which you can't use yourself to get a player who fills one of those needs and who merits being picked that high. If this is how it all unfolds then your Rieff pick as good as any for the Skins.

Couldn't help noticing that you have your Cleveland Browns trading up to 2nd for RG3. You've said yourself before that you'd rather your team didn't do that - do you really think though this is what they'll do?

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:45 pm

Number-25 wrote:Couldn't help noticing that you have your Cleveland Browns trading up to 2nd for RG3. You've said yourself before that you'd rather your team didn't do that - do you really think though this is what they'll do?
It's not the price I want them to pay but I imagine it's the price they'll end up paying, they've said that there are limits to what they'll pay but I think they're trying to use that and the "We liked Tannehill at the combine" talk in an attempt to get the Rams to lower expectations on what they'll receive and hopefully lower the price but until something comes out saying otherwise I'll predict them to give up at least both 1st rounders to get RGIII, I'll be more annoyed at them taking Tannehill at 4 than I would them paying to get RGIII. Do I really want them to take RGIII? Not if it will cost us the two first rounders as he'll be coming into the same situation with hardly any offensive talent but I have a feeling it could be what happens, I don't think I'll complain about the pick when it happens if they've maybe brought in a WR in FA or when he's had a couple of games and hopefully proven me wrong.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby3695 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

Must say that having Mike Adams over Jonathan Martin is a bit crazy.

Adams, while having the ideal size, is just plain lazy, e was out of shape at the combine which is a cardinal sin.

Also i don't think Brockers goes that high, tho i could definitely see it happening depending on how the board fell.

Plus i think Seattle would stay put and grab Kuechly in this scenario, while the Cowboys need at Corner is just too great to take DeCastro, especially when you consider that their needs at guard could be filled by throwing money at Carl Nicks.

Otherwise it all looks good. The Browns trade you have there would definitely be preferable to the Rams as they'd still get Kalil or Blackmon.

There are a few mocks up on my blog now for you guys to look at: http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com

Toby3695

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:04 pm

Toby3695 wrote:Must say that having Mike Adams over Jonathan Martin is a bit crazy.

Adams, while having the ideal size, is just plain lazy, e was out of shape at the combine which is a cardinal sin.

Also i don't think Brockers goes that high, tho i could definitely see it happening depending on how the board fell.

Plus i think Seattle would stay put and grab Kuechly in this scenario, while the Cowboys need at Corner is just too great to take DeCastro, especially when you consider that their needs at guard could be filled by throwing money at Carl Nicks.

Otherwise it all looks good. The Browns trade you have there would definitely be preferable to the Rams as they'd still get Kalil or Blackmon.

There are a few mocks up on my blog now for you guys to look at: http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com
I wouldn't call Adams over Martin crazy, for me it's pretty close between the two of them. I see Martin as slightly overrated TBH and had Adams rated ahead of him untill the Combine. Adams didn't impress in Indianapolis and I switched them again, Martin didn't participate but Adams hurt his stock with his performance. Still a not great 40 time and 19 reps on the bench press doesn't cancel out his performance on the field.

I was under the impression that Dallas were working pretty close to the salary cap? If that's the case then good luck throwing money at Nicks. David DeCastro is probably as close to being a safe prospect as you can get in the draft, which is what you want when picking in the top half of the 1st round, blue chip prospects.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:39 am

Toby3695 wrote:Must say that having Mike Adams over Jonathan Martin is a bit crazy.

Well with Adams over Martin it will probably come down to their pro days, I've seen mocks where they've both been taken as the third tackle though the combine did hurt Adams' stock.

Brockers is all about his potential, and I see one of the teams up there taking a chance on him if they like him, he won't make it out of the first so if you're convinced he can fulfil his potential you take him when you have the chance. Carolina especially are in a strong offense heavy division, so being able to disrupt them is key and if they think Brockers will give them that ability they take him. Well they do if they prefer him to Poe, Cox and Still or any other defensive guys they may be looking at.

From what I've seen the Cowboys are believed to be pretty close to the cap limit I don't see them having the money to get them Nicks, and DeCastro is the best guard in the draft if he fills a need there is no reason not to take him. It could also be argues that their problems in the secondary could be filled by throwing some money at it.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:59 pm

I doubt there's any chance blockers goes before Poe after the combine...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

If Manning goes to Miami then I would expect them too look at a OT
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

From what I've seen the Cowboys are believed to be pretty close to the cap limit I don't see them having the money to get them Nicks, and DeCastro is the best guard in the draft if he fills a need there is no reason not to take him. It could also be argues that their problems in the secondary could be filled by throwing some money at it.

Derbyblue

Dallas will be a big players in FA we have around $14 million in space, if we cut Newman and we will that's another $6million, Bryant restructured his contract yesterday that's another $million dollars, restructure Free and Scandrick whose deals makes most sense and Dallas will have around $25-30million in Cap.

I would like Nicks but he has a hefty price tag and will be looking to become the top paid OG figures I see is close to OLT numbers, we are chasing Rout from the Chiefs and Finnegan, we also need a vet QB, a Vet Center ILB and maybe a Safety
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby3695 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:27 pm

Way i see it, the Cowboys will sign either Nicks or one of the top centres and slide Costa across, then look for Jenkins in the draft.

You'll save more money signing an interior OL in free agency and drafting a corner than vice versa.

There are so many DT's with a 1st round grade this year, it just depends who teams fall in love with. Someone could definitely fall for Brockers over someone like Cox.

Toby3695

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:51 pm

Leedscowboys wrote:Dallas will be a big players in FA we have around $14 million in space, if we cut Newman and we will that's another $6million, Bryant restructured his contract yesterday that's another $million dollars, restructure Free and Scandrick whose deals makes most sense and Dallas will have around $25-30million in Cap.

I would like Nicks but he has a hefty price tag and will be looking to become the top paid OG figures I see is close to OLT numbers, we are chasing Rout from the Chiefs and Finnegan, we also need a vet QB, a Vet Center ILB and maybe a Safety
Just out of interest where did you get your cap numbers from? Of the various reports i've read the cap situation in Dallas has ranged from slightly over the cap to at best $12m under. ~$9m is tied up with Spencer, though that can be changed by re-signing him, how will it impact the cap? Tenders? Bryant has restructured to save $1m and Newman could be cut to save between $4m-$6m but all of these savings might be used on signing draft picks for which you need ~$5-$6m. I read a quote from a GM not long ago which suggested that each teams cap situation probably isn't as good as many are speculating. Outside of the organization it's all guess work though.

Toby3695 wrote:Way i see it, the Cowboys will sign either Nicks or one of the top centres and slide Costa across, then look for Jenkins in the draft.

You'll save more money signing an interior OL in free agency and drafting a corner than vice versa.
Maybe not if it's Nicks you are bidding for, Mankins got $51m over 6 years so there's your benchmark. You go BPA high in the draft.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby3695 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

If you're going BPA then DeCastro will be long gone by the time the Cowgirls pick. Dude's a monster.

Toby3695

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

Toby3695 wrote:If you're going BPA then DeCastro will be long gone by the time the Cowgirls pick. Dude's a monster.
Yeah it's possible he might be gone but we're talking about derby's mock.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 10 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

Leedscowboys wrote:

Dallas will be a big players in FA we have around $14 million in space, if we cut Newman and we will that's another $6million, Bryant restructured his contract yesterday that's another $million dollars, restructure Free and Scandrick whose deals makes most sense and Dallas will have around $25-30million in Cap.

From what I saw you're very close to the cap figures, then again nobody actually knows the official cap figure yet. It's all well and good to say restructure these contracts, but the players have to agree to the new deals, wasn't aware of the restructuring of Bryant's deal but think you'll have a lot to do to afford Nicks.

Toby3695 wrote:Way i see it, the Cowboys will sign either Nicks or one of the top centres and slide Costa across, then look for Jenkins in the draft.

Like Twelve said top OG money is alot, but equally I don't see why they can't go DeCastro in the first and one of the Corners who should be around in the second. Only ones gone by the Cowboys second pick in my mind are Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Jenkins, maybe Dennard, Gilmore, Robinson and Minnifield and I'm not that sure about those "maybe's" being gone, bit unsure on ranking the corners behind the top 3.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down