The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two

5 posters

Go down

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two Empty 2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 06 Jan 2013, 2:49 pm

Here is the second round. Was done about a week ago so appologies if any players have annnounced they are returning for senior season etc.

http://www.v2journal.com/5/post/2013/01/2013-nfl-mock-draft-round-two.html

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two Empty Re: 2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two

Post by Number-25 Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

I like the Redskins picking a Safety. Would be the obvious way to go here. It worries me though that you've got us taking someone that is coming off a bad Senior year. Are there no safer bets at DB we could go for instead - we need help at CB too although our CBs did up their game late in the season.

I'd put the Redskins draft needs down as Safety, CB, MLB, DE and WR. Never hurts to take an O-Lineman or two either. Our starting unit had a very fine year which was unexpected but adding to the depth wouldn't hurt.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 07 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

Can't see the bucs taking a DT. McCoy is going to the pro bowl but we'll re-sign Roy Miller who had a fantastic season. Far more likely that we bring in another corner or safety.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 07 Jan 2013, 1:59 pm

Number-25 wrote:I like the Redskins picking a Safety. Would be the obvious way to go here. It worries me though that you've got us taking someone that is coming off a bad Senior year. Are there no safer bets at DB we could go for instead - we need help at CB too although our CBs did up their game late in the season.

I'd put the Redskins draft needs down as Safety, CB, MLB, DE and WR. Never hurts to take an O-Lineman or two either. Our starting unit had a very fine year which was unexpected but adding to the depth wouldn't hurt.

Phillip Thomas is probably another good safety prospect that could be available. I like Reid and I think his problems with discipline was his weakness this year

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 07 Jan 2013, 2:01 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Can't see the bucs taking a DT. McCoy is going to the pro bowl but we'll re-sign Roy Miller who had a fantastic season. Far more likely that we bring in another corner or safety.

I gave you a corner in the first round but did think about giving a safety in the second. I went for a DT like Floyd because I think Miller is solid run stuffer but that new tandem could be special

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 07 Jan 2013, 3:30 pm

Dominik isn't scared to double dip early in the draft. I could certainly see us going with two defensive backs in the first two rounds. Other possibilities include tight end, right tackle and quarterback.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 08 Jan 2013, 9:29 pm

Hard to see Warmack dropping out of the 1st round, just as hard to see him being the 4th guard taken...

I like the idea of the Jacksonville pick, though if I ever get round to a mock will have to give Nassib to the Bills, though you gave them Barkley earlier.

Like the top two picks for Detroit helps steady their secondary which has been a weak point for years, though could see them going for a DE to replace Avril as I don't see them keeping him having tagged him last year.

While I get the reasoning everybody seems to agree that the biggest issue for Arizona is that even if they had a good quarterback they would never make it through an entire season, so would personally have them going for another lineman, probably Warmack if he was there.

I feel like there isn't much need on that Denver team but Adams and Bailey are both over 30 and Porter is only there on a one year deal so think DB could be one of their top picks.

Also a Houston offense of Johnson, Woods at WR, Daniels, Ertz at TE and Foster at RB sounds like it would rack up the points.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 08 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Hard to see Warmack dropping out of the 1st round, just as hard to see him being the 4th guard taken...

I like the idea of the Jacksonville pick, though if I ever get round to a mock will have to give Nassib to the Bills, though you gave them Barkley earlier.

Like the top two picks for Detroit helps steady their secondary which has been a weak point for years, though could see them going for a DE to replace Avril as I don't see them keeping him having tagged him last year.

While I get the reasoning everybody seems to agree that the biggest issue for Arizona is that even if they had a good quarterback they would never make it through an entire season, so would personally have them going for another lineman, probably Warmack if he was there.

I feel like there isn't much need on that Denver team but Adams and Bailey are both over 30 and Porter is only there on a one year deal so think DB could be one of their top picks.

Also a Houston offense of Johnson, Woods at WR, Daniels, Ertz at TE and Foster at RB sounds like it would rack up the points.

Warmack will be a first rounder all day, that was my mistake and couldn't change it once the first was published. I don't mind if Houston get better, they are in the AFC Wink

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Thu 10 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

Surely the Vikings need to improve(drastically!) positions of weakness(CB,LB,WR) than to improve a position of relative strength? Can see them picking those three positions in the high rounds tbh

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:12 pm

Take it to the house wrote:Surely the Vikings need to improve(drastically!) positions of weakness(CB,LB,WR) than to improve a position of relative strength? Can see them picking those three positions in the high rounds tbh

I've got them taking a WR in the first. I don't see LB as a dire need but agree that CB is. That being said, cb is incredibly deep in this draft and future starters can be found on day 3

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down