The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations Quality

+4
thebluesmancometh
eirebilly
Taffineastbourne
splenetic
8 posters

Go down

Six Nations Quality Empty Six Nations Quality

Post by splenetic Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

There have been some quite exciting/tense games, but a general lack of quality in my opinion. None of the higher ranked teams have produced anything substantially decent amongst themselves.

I can't see the big 3 SH sides being particularly worried about what might turn up on the summer tours.

splenetic

Back to top Go down

Six Nations Quality Empty Re: Six Nations Quality

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

I think the 6 teams in the rournament are more evenly matched than ever, and that's reflected in that fact that the better teams are not drubbing the lesser teams. It's fine if we're all getting better together, but what we don't want is us all getting worse together (the best teams reduced to the level of the lower teams), or meeting in the middle (lower teams improving, better teams worsening). I think we are all improving though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

Defences are dominating games.Our games consequently tend to be for officianados.
I would love to see some flair/creativity but I will make do with great tackling!
Charge downs and interceptions is a bit sad ,really.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:35 pm

I think that there has been a general mix of excellent defensive play, some luck and some excellent attacking play to be honest.

I believe that Ireland and Wales summer tours may yeild some rewards/
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:19 pm

After watching the first 2 rounds of the super 15 there aren't NH teams worried about the tours either.

The Reds (reigning champs) game was one of the lowest quality club games I've ever seen, aside from goal kicking of Harris both teams looked like pub teams!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

Here we go... My skills better than yours etc.

The thing is, the format of the 6n means that every game is a tuff nervous affair

We see the same in the final stages of the world cup when the highly skilled free flowing SH teams clam up
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:40 pm

Tuff
Rolling Eyes
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

Street tuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:19 pm

I think that the standard of rugby is definitely higher this year than in many previous years. No easy games.

France, Ireland and Wales look very even, the other three are pretty tough to beat too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

As ever, the breakdown remains a contentious area with teams either sealing off the ball by going off their feet or stepping beyond the tackle and generally obstructing off the ball. There have been less collapsed scrums and lineouts have been keenly contested but the endless RL phase game means defences dominate and ' interpreting ' the refs has become probably even more key.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:After watching the first 2 rounds of the super 15 there aren't NH teams worried about the tours either.

The Reds (reigning champs) game was one of the lowest quality club games I've ever seen, aside from goal kicking of Harris both teams looked like pub teams!

Wow, no rushing to judgement there, eh?

We hear this from the NH posters every year, and yet nothing really seams to change either.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:36 pm

maestegmafia wrote:I think that the standard of rugby is definitely higher this year than in many previous years. No easy games.

France, Ireland and Wales look very even, the other three are pretty tough to beat too.

Defence wise I would agree with you. However attack wise not.

England can't put a string of passes together without making errors, thus far they scored tries from chargedowns.

Scotland has been improving, they have some young stars in their forwards, Hogg looks great but collectively they are still struggling to maintain patience in the build up of a try.

Italy has been able to stay in touch with their forwards, but otherwise do not have the pace to set anything alight.

Ireland shows promise with individual brillaince but also lack patience.

France scored some good tries, but not from building pressure, mostly from mistakes and opportunities created by the opponent, their pace in the back saw them through against socltand and Italy.

Wales is the only team looking good on attack.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:45 pm

It seems that few of the teams have a solid grasp on what is required now at the breakdown, either technically or legally. Hence the games are becoming like arm wrestles between weaklings. The SH teams will have the advantage of playing the entire S15 with this years new set of interpretations, with only a handful of games where the stakes are so high our lads will be at their traditional disadvantage when we face them in the tour games. It's almost like the IRB refs department is headed up by a Kiwi.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down