The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calzaghe's KO ratio - video evidence

+9
fearlessBamber
eddyfightfan
Imperial Ghosty
John Bloody Wayne
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
BALTIMORA
Sugar Boy Sweetie
azania
hitmansam
13 posters

Go down

Calzaghe's KO ratio - video evidence Empty Calzaghe's KO ratio - video evidence

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:17 pm

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=ACgTJhEdj5M

Here's some video evidence of Calzaghe's misleading KO ratio.

Discuss.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Calzaghe's KO ratio - video evidence Empty Re: Calzaghe's KO ratio - video evidence

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:19 pm

hitmansam wrote:http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=ACgTJhEdj5M

Here's some video evidence of Calzaghe's misleading KO ratio.

Discuss.

Nothing misleading about KOing your opponent.

azania

Back to top Go down

Calzaghe's KO ratio - video evidence Empty Re: Calzaghe's KO ratio - video evidence

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:24 pm

Those 'stoppages' are a disgrace

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:25 pm

hitmansam wrote:Those 'stoppages' are a disgrace

According to who?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:34 pm

(1) most fans with a brain, and (2) the guys who were 'stopped'.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:35 pm

Boring. We know you don't like him, you're getting as bad as D4 with mayweather.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:38 pm

hitmansam wrote:(1) most fans with a brain, and (2) the guys who were 'stopped'.

Ah, the impartial ones. Gotcha.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:38 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Boring. We know you don't like him, you're getting as bad as D4 with mayweather.
Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:49 pm

D4 hates Mayweather and never puts solid-grounded evidence on the table. This highlight on Calzaghe is truly cringeworthy stuff. Most of his stoppages were a disgrace. Calzaghe has been exposed for his opposition and his style with solid-grounded arguments. Some Brits can't handle that but afterall the truth hurts.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:52 pm

Sam, what's your point? We know you don't like the guy, but really...why? Let it go.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:53 pm

hitmansam wrote:D4 hates Mayweather and never puts solid-grounded evidence on the table. This highlight on Calzaghe is truly cringeworthy stuff. Most of his stoppages were a disgrace. Calzaghe has been exposed for his opposition and his style with solid-grounded arguments. Some Brits can't handle that but afterall the truth hurts.

So the person who put that video together is impartial. Face it, I can make up a compilation that shows Pac to be useless and another showing Floyd to be a bigger P4P hitter than Shavers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:58 pm

I was more disgusted in the second or third clip (against a black guy with 'curry' on his shorts) by how much the Welsh was holding his head and hitting.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:26 pm

go ahead, azania. compile a video of Pac's stoppages and let's compare ... see what differences we can find 🍺
I'm sure we won't find any Veit or Manfredo-like 'stoppages'.
Unlike Calzaghe, Pac actually stopped his opponents.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:29 pm

hitmansam wrote:go ahead, azania. compile a video of Pac's stoppages and let's compare ... see what differences we can find 🍺

Cant be bothered. Even you could make a video that makes Jordan come across as intelligent. JC is the best british fighter of all times.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:44 pm

azania wrote:
hitmansam wrote:go ahead, azania. compile a video of Pac's stoppages and let's compare ... see what differences we can find 🍺

Cant be bothered. Even you could make a video that makes Jordan come across as intelligent. JC is the best british fighter of all times.

You can't be serious Lynch, Conteh, Honeyghan, Buchanan, Hatton that's 5 off the top of my head that would come ahead of JC in a British ATG list. You could even make a case for Froch who like a proper champ takes on the best.

Last edited by prettyboy1304 on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:45 pm

azania wrote:

Ah, I thought as much idea

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:46 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

You can't be serious Lynch, Conteh, Honeyghan, Buchanan, Hatton that's 5 off the top of my head, you could even make a case for Froch who like a proper champ takes on the best.

Hatton and Honey would be beat by JC. Conteh would be a good scrap. I dont know much about lynch but he was before colour tv so my answer would be obvious.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:46 pm

hitmansam wrote:
azania wrote:

Ah, I thought as much idea

Why on earth should I bother making up a vid just to prove a point to an obvious WUM?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:48 pm

Not even the best welsh fighter of all time but undoubtedly a great of his era.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:51 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

You can't be serious Lynch, Conteh, Honeyghan, Buchanan, Hatton that's 5 off the top of my head, you could even make a case for Froch who like a proper champ takes on the best.

Hatton and Honey would be beat by JC. Conteh would be a good scrap. I dont know much about lynch but he was before colour tv so my answer would be obvious.

Hatton took on the best of his time when they were at their peaks and although he come up short is ahead of Calzaghe on record alone. Hatton could have retired with a 0 if he had avoided Pac and FMJ and took the easier option.

I can see an arguement for putting him above Hatton, Honey and maybe even Conteh but I wouldn't agree with it. Just don't see how you could put him above Ken Buchanan you can't be serious.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

Hatton's first big superfight came against Tszyu in 2005. Let's not forget that Tszyu was the lineal champion at jr. welter from November 2001 to June 2005 when he lost to Hatton. During these years, he was ranked as a top-10 pound-for-pound fighter and in '04 he was ranked no.3 behind (1) Hopkins and (2) Mayweather.

He then unified against Maussa who was a top-10 ranked light-welter at the time.

He then moved to welterweight and beat Collazo for the WBA championship. Collazo was a top-5 ranked welterweight at the time.

He returned to jr.welter and won another championship (against Urango).

He made a name for himself in America and proactively chased a fight with the best fighter in the world who was a weight above him. Fair enough, he was outclassed - but Hatton showed great heart to pursuit the fight against Mayweather. It seems the fight took a lot of Hatton.

He then returned to jr. welter and beat another top-10 ranked contender in Lazcano before his destruction against Pacquiao. But once again, he actively took on the biggest fight and went over to the States to make it happen.

A 2-weight world champion and lineal champion at 140 from June 2005 to May 2009. Let's not forget Ricky Hatton.

Calzaghe held the WBO title for over 10-years and achieved nothing until 06 when he beat an overrated hype-job in Lacy. Kessler was a good win but hardly defining. A SD over Hopkins doesn't make you great.

Hatton is a true champion. Calzaghe isn't even the greatest fighter from Wales, let alone Britain!

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

Tzuyu and Castillo peak?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:00 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

Hatton took on the best of his time when they were at their peaks and although he come up short is ahead of Calzaghe on record alone. Hatton could have retired with a 0 if he had avoided Pac and FMJ and took the easier option.

I can see an arguement for putting him above Hatton, Honey and maybe even Conteh but I wouldn't agree with it. Just don't see how you could put him above Ken Buchanan you can't be serious.

JC would have been all wrong for Hatton. Dont get me wrong. I rate Hatton. A fearsome body puncher and had he stayed off the sauce he could have been great. Certainly not as good as Floyd but would have given Pac a better argument.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:05 pm

JC would have given Pac trouble had they been at similar weights? Yahoo

Based on what exactly?

Better boxers than Calzaghe tried and failed.

Calzaghe had little or no power, he liked a scrap, his accuracy wasn't great and he was down to Mitchell, Salem, and a 40-year-old Jones who couldn't even pull the trigger. For God's sake, he had a war with Reid and Brewer. Pac makes Calzaghe look silly - worse than B-Hop did - and that's saying something.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:08 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

JC would have been all wrong for Hatton. Dont get me wrong. I rate Hatton. A fearsome body puncher and had he stayed off the sauce he could have been great. Certainly not as good as Floyd but would have given Pac a better argument.

You dodged my point about Buchanan do you honestly rate JC above him?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

azania,

Hatton's first big superfight came against Tszyu in 2005. Let's not forget that Tszyu was the lineal champion at jr. welter from November 2001 to June 2005 when he lost to Hatton. During these years, he was ranked as a top-10 pound-for-pound fighter and in '04 he was ranked no.3 behind (1) Hopkins and (2) Mayweather.

He then unified against Maussa who was a top-10 ranked light-welter at the time.

He then moved to welterweight and beat Collazo for the WBA championship. Collazo was a top-5 ranked welterweight at the time.

He returned to jr.welter and won another championship (against Urango).

He made a name for himself in America and proactively chased a fight with the best fighter in the world who was a weight above him. Fair enough, he was outclassed - but Hatton showed great heart to pursuit the fight against Mayweather. It seems the fight took a lot of Hatton.

He then returned to jr. welter and beat another top-10 ranked contender in Lazcano before his destruction against Pacquiao. But once again, he actively took on the biggest fight and went over to the States to make it happen.

A 2-weight world champion and lineal champion at 140 from June 2005 to May 2009. Let's not forget Ricky Hatton.

Calzaghe held the WBO title for over 10-years and achieved nothing until 06 when he beat an overrated hype-job in Lacy. Kessler was a good win but hardly defining. A SD over Hopkins doesn't make you great.

Hatton is a true champion. Calzaghe isn't even the greatest fighter from Wales, let alone Britain!

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:13 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

I dont know enough about him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:15 pm

hitmansam wrote:JC would have given Pac trouble had they been at similar weights? Yahoo

Based on what exactly?

Better boxers than Calzaghe tried and failed.

Calzaghe had little or no power, he liked a scrap, his accuracy wasn't great and he was down to Mitchell, Salem, and a 40-year-old Jones who couldn't even pull the trigger. For God's sake, he had a war with Reid and Brewer. Pac makes Calzaghe look silly - worse than B-Hop did - and that's saying something.

JC had a good defence, solid chin, excellent counter puncher, good punch and fast hands. I dont recall JC getting stopped by a body punch. Ask Iron Chinned Eubank if JC had no power.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:18 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

If you don't know enough about the man widely regarded as Britains best post war fighter you can't go about calling JC the greatest Brit ever and expect to be taken seriously.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:21 pm

**I dont know enough about him.

Doh

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

If you don't know enough about the man widely regarded as Britains best post war fighter you can't go about calling JC the greatest Brit ever and expect to be taken seriously.

Outside of the duran fight where he looked average (no shame as duran made better fighters look average) I dont know that much. I've seen his fight with Watt and wasn't impressed. Good jab though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:26 pm

hitmansam wrote:**I dont know enough about him.

Doh

It seems you have a problem with honesty. I suppose you know all there is to know about KB including his inside leg.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hitmansam Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:27 pm

** Outside of the duran fight where he looked average (no shame as duran made better fighters look average) I dont know that much. I've seen his fight with Watt and wasn't impressed. Good jab though.

:yawn: another one who can't be taken seriously.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:28 pm

hitmansam wrote:** Outside of the duran fight where he looked average (no shame as duran made better fighters look average) I dont know that much. I've seen his fight with Watt and wasn't impressed. Good jab though.

:yawn: another one who can't be taken seriously.

Ok prof.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:30 pm

The Watt fight was for a British title and Watt just spoiled for most of the fight made it hard for Ken without really troubling him. Ken really improved when he moved up to world level. Ken held his own against Duran but in the end he was just to much but like you said no shame in that. Go and look up some video on him he was an exceptional fighter and was in some terrific fights.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 27 Mar 2011, 4:50 pm

calzange might not have had one punch KO power, by 1 KO punch can cause less damage to the brain that 10 sharp fast punches- and if your taking punches without returning fire then you'll get stopped- no use saying you can carry on after- you should have thrown back.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Mon 28 Mar 2011, 11:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgTJhEdj5M

The little punches on the bag are pretty funny.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

Hi Hitman, the weather's nice today, get yourself out and about, maybe make friends or get yourself a girlfriend?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

andygf wrote:Hi Hitman, the weather's nice today, get yourself out and about, maybe make friends or get yourself a girlfriend?

You must have really had some bad experiences with women to wish that on even the worst of them Andy

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

If there's one thing worse then meeting someone one a date who is carrying a Wisden Cricketing Almanac,who tells you their problems followed by the weird dream they had last night, it's THAT Calzaghe conversation...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

If there's one thing worse then meeting someone one a date who is carrying a Wisden Cricketing Almanac

I'm a Yorkshire man Andy, sounds like my dream woman

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Mon 28 Mar 2011, 11:54 pm

Bloody hell, going off in here lads.

Suppose I've only got a few points to make and I know they probably won't go down to favourable with some people but hey that's boxing for you.

Let's start with Calzaghe. One of the greats Britain has produced? I'd say probably yeh. His record is great, either way you look at it. A few of the things that grind me about Calzaghe were his slappy punches but I believe he broke his hand quite severely as a kid so this could be one reason which is fair enough. We all should know by now that British fighters do get protected quite well when fighting over here. There are a lot of pre-mature stoppages and I don't know if that is down to the fact that the British refs aren't as good or what. But the one thing that really gets to me about Calzaghe and why I will never consider him THE greatest British boxer of all time is he never went abroad to get his fights

Now I know he beat the likes of Kessler, Lacy (came over with a massive reputation before that fight) and Eubank but why not go and fight Hopkins over there or even Roy Jones Jr when he was a respectable opponent? Calzaghe was far to comfortable to fight out of Wales/England and that really did get to me about him. But he was a fantastic champ, no doubt about it.

And before anyone starts any real boxing fan knows, Hopkins shouldn't have loss that fight to Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jr in his prime would have torn JC apart.

Now onto Hatton. I've always said he did fantastically well for someone with such limited boxing ability. He had a fantastic record and there is no shame by getting beat by two P4P's & potentially future ATG's (open to some debate of course). But Hatton will never, to me at least, go down as one of Britain's top 5 of all time. He just wasn't on that level. Fantastic character, fantastic and brave champion. I will always give him credit for wanting to fight the best and go anywhere to do it, something which sadly JC lacked.

And for people to even consider having this argument about who would have won a fight between JC and Hatton? They weren't near to being on the same weight at least pick realistic match up's lads.

(can't wait for some of the responses here)
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:29 am

The Sweet Science UK wrote:Bloody hell, going off in here lads.

Suppose I've only got a few points to make and I know they probably won't go down to favourable with some people but hey that's boxing for you.

Let's start with Calzaghe. One of the greats Britain has produced? I'd say probably yeh. His record is great, either way you look at it. A few of the things that grind me about Calzaghe were his slappy punches but I believe he broke his hand quite severely as a kid so this could be one reason which is fair enough. We all should know by now that British fighters do get protected quite well when fighting over here. There are a lot of pre-mature stoppages and I don't know if that is down to the fact that the British refs aren't as good or what. But the one thing that really gets to me about Calzaghe and why I will never consider him THE greatest British boxer of all time is he never went abroad to get his fights

Now I know he beat the likes of Kessler, Lacy (came over with a massive reputation before that fight) and Eubank but why not go and fight Hopkins over there or even Roy Jones Jr when he was a respectable opponent? Calzaghe was far to comfortable to fight out of Wales/England and that really did get to me about him. But he was a fantastic champ, no doubt about it.

And before anyone starts any real boxing fan knows, Hopkins shouldn't have loss that fight to Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jr in his prime would have torn JC apart.

Now onto Hatton. I've always said he did fantastically well for someone with such limited boxing ability. He had a fantastic record and there is no shame by getting beat by two P4P's & potentially future ATG's (open to some debate of course). But Hatton will never, to me at least, go down as one of Britain's top 5 of all time. He just wasn't on that level. Fantastic character, fantastic and brave champion. I will always give him credit for wanting to fight the best and go anywhere to do it, something which sadly JC lacked.

And for people to even consider having this argument about who would have won a fight between JC and Hatton? They weren't near to being on the same weight at least pick realistic match up's lads.

(can't wait for some of the responses here)

I dont get where people claim Hatton to have average boxing ability. He was a superp boxer at his peak. Fearsome body puncher who got into position to deliver killer hooks to the body. Yes he lost 2 fights. But he lost to the creme de la creme. No shame in that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:23 am

If he had more than average boxing ability he certainly didn't show it on enough occasions. He was exciting to watch at times yes, but the amount of shots he took and his defence at most times were ridiculous. For a boxer to have, or at least show, he has more than average boxing ability I would need to see more than just fearsome body punches.

He was a very good boxer at his peak, superb I'm not so sure. And as I stated in my post above I commended him on his record and only losing to the top two guys in boxing near his weight class and I also agreed that there was no shame in it.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:47 am

The Sweet Science UK wrote:If he had more than average boxing ability he certainly didn't show it on enough occasions. He was exciting to watch at times yes, but the amount of shots he took and his defence at most times were ridiculous. For a boxer to have, or at least show, he has more than average boxing ability I would need to see more than just fearsome body punches.

He was a very good boxer at his peak, superb I'm not so sure. And as I stated in my post above I commended him on his record and only losing to the top two guys in boxing near his weight class and I also agreed that there was no shame in it.

Boxers who have to get inside to do their best work would ship more punioshment than their more skilled operators. He was a very good brawler. His main skill was body punching.

Its like saying Ali was average because he never went to the body.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:59 am

The Sweet Science UK wrote:If he had more than average boxing ability he certainly didn't show it on enough occasions. He was exciting to watch at times yes, but the amount of shots he took and his defence at most times were ridiculous. For a boxer to have, or at least show, he has more than average boxing ability I would need to see more than just fearsome body punches.

Its funny that Froch was mentioned earlier in this thread and the bit I highlighted is something I think he is guilty of too.

Calzaghe was a class fighter. He fought some bums but also fought some good quality fighters. He was unbeaten and went out having moved up a weight and fighting some of the best at that weight (although in RJJ case not at his best).

How good was Calzaghe? Who knows as he didnt fight the very best at their peak. Does that make him not great? Not in my books. He most probably would have beaten some of these dream match ups if he had.

So on reflection, I think he deserves a great amount of respect. An entertaining fighter who outboxed the majority of his opponents and left a champion.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Tue 29 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

azania wrote:

Boxers who have to get inside to do their best work would ship more punioshment than their more skilled operators. He was a very good brawler. His main skill was body punching.

Its like saying Ali was average because he never went to the body.

Point taken but what stopped Hatton being in that elite bracket and, to me, from being one the all time great British boxers is that he didn't have a plan B. Yes he was great a marauding his way through and then once on the inside delivering his body punches which worked. But if he couldn't get on the inside, then what? I'm not trying to discredit Hatton in anyway. What he achieved was fantastic but in a couple of years time I think people will recognise other British boxers as having done more and are more deserving of a space in Britians top 5. The likes of Froch, Khan, DeGale, Cleverly. If these people fill their potential then I believe they will go down as better than Hatton. But like I said that's is my opinion.

I do think a lot of people becoming blind sided with Hatton because of his persona and things like that. Again I'm not knocking him because it is what made him but I do think fans can look at Hatton with rose tinted spectacles sometimes.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 29 Mar 2011, 4:29 pm

This is an entirely new article to me.

Thank you, hitmansam - for your stunning originality and for informing me about a genuinely new issue surrounding Calzaghe's career.

If we are comparing Hatton with Calzaghe - the difference is obvious. One of them is a likely 1st ballot HoFer (JC); and one of them may well struggle.

Hatton was a great servant of GB boxing - but if we analyse his career - he has years in the Warren-wilderness - fighting for a non-title against limited opposition.

He beat an old Tszyu - good win
He very nearly lost/should have lost/robbed (depending on perspectives) against Collazo - never more than a limited WW
He beat a broken down Castillo
He was schooled by Mayweather
He beat Lazcano, who was never good
He was rejuvenated against Malignaggi; looking back to his best
He was destroyed by Pacquiao.

He indulged in too much alcohol and a bit of naughty salt.

Great fighter - but he doesn't compare that well with other greats of his era.

I should say at this point - if McGuigan is in the HoF, then Hatton should be.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down