The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One more time?

+4
Liam
Mr H
Hero
sodhat
8 posters

Go down

One more time? Empty One more time?

Post by sodhat Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

This is just something in my head, and I have no basis whatsoever to believe it would or could happen. But reading the interaction between HBK and HHH, I wonder whether this year HBK can referee Taker to another win before one more crack at the Streak next year.

That would then be the final match for both HBK and Taker, with HBK finally taking the Streak away.

I have previously been an advocate of a younger guy taking it, but I truly believe that HBK and Taker had such excellent matches that if it has to be ended by anyone, it should be HBK.

As I say, it would be extremely doubtful...but I wouldn't mind seeing HBK break out of retirement one last time to send himself and Taker off in a big way.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

One more time? Empty Re: One more time?

Post by Hero Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

I thought that myself though have it as a triple threat next year of HHH v HBK v Taker and all three call it a day (though HHH has just signed a new contract)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

I wanted HBK to end it at 25 and 26 and i'd be all for him ending it at 29.

I'd also be all for Punk or Cena ending it at 29.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

I thought about a triple threat, but I don't think it would have the same epic feel a one on one would have to be honest.

I think the older he gets and less frequently Taker wrestles, the less value there is in him giving his streak to younger stars. I think of everything, a third epic affair with HBK an a fitting end to the trilogy fits best. Let them retire each other.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

Absolutely 100% agree HBK should be given the streak next year. Mr.Wrestlemania ends the streak in his and Takers final match, he deserved it the 2nd time, but to end the trilogy and the streak would be a fitting end to both of their careers. Hell you could have a DVD of the trilogy at the end of it, I for one would buy. I hope they do do it, Triple H definately won't end the streak, i'm sure Taker wants Shawn to get it.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:06 pm

THE STREAK WILL NEVER BE BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:THE STREAK WILL NEVER BE BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER...

"AND SHOT MEANS NEEEVVVERRRR" thumbsup

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:03 pm

Anyone see a slight tease of this possibly on Raw?

I'm very hopeful this might be a possibility come next Mania. Although deep down I'm sure it probably isn't.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:09 am

What did I miss something?

HBK has retired. End of.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:11 am

Don Caboose wrote:What did I miss something?

HBK has retired. End of.

Laugh

This is wrestling. Retiring seemingly never means end of.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:13 am

I think Mr Michaels is a different case though.

The guy was so into the storytelling aspect his entire career, why would he tarnish his great retirement? Espeically in light of the heat Flair gets, even HHH came out and bashed Flair for it.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:16 am

While it isn't entirely different, I think HBK would get less heat for coming back for one more match, because he can still do it in the ring. He's relatively young (compared to Flair...).

But I don't truly believe it would happen. If it did I would be delighted though.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 15 Mar 2012, 1:31 am

While I wouldn't be totally adveresed to HBK coming out of retirement (I would dissapointed but probably would enjoy it despite myself), I don't want him having a 3rd shot at the streak, not only would it mean the DX vs The Streak feud would have rumbled into it's 5th year, I also highly doubt that the two would even be able to match, let alone top there classic double from 25 and 26.

For me next year 'Taker should either, give the streak to a younger guy and retire, or wrestle Cena, ressurecting hard feelings between 'Taker and the DX boys every year from March to April is beginning to wear on me a bit to say the least, especially seen as they seem to have chucked the kitchen sink at it this year booking wise.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins to end it next year.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:28 am

I used to be all for giving it to a younger guy, but if given the choice between HBK ending it, or someone like Wade Barrett, I'd take HBK.

Reason being, I like the history and story telling aspect and for HBK to take the streak on the third try and to end both legendary careers...well I like the sound of that being in the wrestling annals far more than Barrett (sorry, just using him as an example!) ending it.

I could definitely see a 3rd match being easy to sell, and being able to sell it on the back of this years match...I think it would give something different than the last two times they met. Whether they could physically have another classic is debateable. But if it really was the end of the streak, then I know they'd leave it all on the line.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down