The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of Time

4 posters

Go down

Out of Time Empty Out of Time

Post by randy-poffo Sat 5 May 2012 - 11:11

we all talk about hogan,warrior and stone cold steve austin being in the right place at the right time.

But which wrestlers past or present do you think could have been better in a diffrent period of wrestling.

for me dynamite kid stands out as someone who would have been better if he had came about 10 years later.
although he had a good career in japan in his feud with tiger mask,he never really made it that big as a solo star in the states.
I think if he had started 10 years later he would have been a world champion.

can you imagine the matches we could have seen with him, CM Punk, Jericho, and Bryan.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Out of Time Empty Re: Out of Time

Post by JamesLincs Sat 5 May 2012 - 11:23

you could argue cm punk if he had been around in the attitude era. but his size wouldnt have got him over then. however if he had started in the ruthless aggression era, we might have been looking at a legend, \ time where you had top stars like kurt angle, eddie guerrero, rey mysterio, chris benoit.. all top stars who weighed less than 250lbs?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 May 2012 - 11:34

Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Roddy Piper, Rick Rude, all great heels who would have been World Champions if they were in their primes during the mid-90's to attitude era and had a chance to go against Austin, Foley, Rock, Taker, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 5 May 2012 - 13:31

Brian Pillman just a few years later.
Him in the Attitude Era would have been frankly amazing.
On a similar note Dean Ambrose back then would have worked very well.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Sat 5 May 2012 - 14:24

JamesLincs wrote:you could argue cm punk if he had been around in the attitude era. but his size wouldnt have got him over then. however if he had started in the ruthless aggression era, we might have been looking at a legend, \ time where you had top stars like kurt angle, eddie guerrero, rey mysterio, chris benoit.. all top stars who weighed less than 250lbs?

I think punk is one of them stars that could have made it in any era in wrestling, having him in the mix with the stars you have mentioned would be a great watch.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Sat 5 May 2012 - 14:33

Hero wrote:Brian Pillman just a few years later.
Him in the Attitude Era would have been frankly amazing.
On a similar note Dean Ambrose back then would have worked very well.

Do you rate Ambrose that highly Hero. I have seen some of his work from dragon gate, and FCW and he seems decent with his promos and in ring work, but he would be working with some of the best promo man in the industry if he was in the attitude era.

Cracking shout on pillman though, Do you see any of Pillman in Ambrose?

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 5 May 2012 - 15:14

randy-poffo wrote:
JamesLincs wrote:you could argue cm punk if he had been around in the attitude era. but his size wouldnt have got him over then. however if he had started in the ruthless aggression era, we might have been looking at a legend, \ time where you had top stars like kurt angle, eddie guerrero, rey mysterio, chris benoit.. all top stars who weighed less than 250lbs?

I think punk is one of them stars that could have made it in any era in wrestling, having him in the mix with the stars you have mentioned would be a great watch.

i think a few have said that punk may have struggled due to his size. i dont know any wrestling before the attitude era, so i cant really comment. but imo he doesnt suit pg and i dont like him as face. so imo he woulda been great 10 years ago and i suppose he fits now

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:48

I think Punk would have been awesome in ECW. His straight edge stuff would make the ECW fans HATE him...which would be a good thing, because in ECW, everyone was a heel anyway.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down