The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon's Mock Draft v2

4 posters

Go down

Simon's Mock Draft v2 Empty Simon's Mock Draft v2

Post by simonhufc Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi guys, Am only going to predict one trade which will be between Rams and Redksins other than that, cant see any solid ones happening

1) Carolina Panthers- Blaine Gabbert QB- The Panthers will take a qb here that i am sure of, the only question is of who. Gabbert had a much better pro day than Newton completing 47 out of 50 passes with Newton completing a lot less than that. While Newton is a better athlete, good athletes don't make good NFL qbs. For that reason Gabbert is the first off my board

2) Denver Broncos- Marcell Dareus DT- The Broncos need a big disruptive force at DT to soak up some pressure for Dummervil to have an easy transition in his first season back from a major injury. Dareus had a better a better combine than Fairley and showed he is stronger and faster than Fairley. He is also not a penalty machine

3) Buffallo Bills- Cam Newton QB- The Bills need a new qb as i don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick is the long term answer. I stated above that Newton had a pro day, this doesn't make him a bad qb. You have to be good to win the Heisman trophy. He could be a very good qb and he has great intangibles and is a very attractive prospect with a salary cap for rookies being introduced

4) Cincanatti Bengals- AJ Green- This is a very tough pick because the Benglas could lose a few starters in the offseason. TO i think will be gone and Carson Palmer could be too. Chad Ochocinco will be back as he has openly admitted he cannot hack MLS so will be back in NFL. The Bengals also couldnt get a deal done with Jonathan Joseph before the lockout so he will test FA if it ever happens. IF he doesn't resign this pick will be changed to PAtrick Peterson. AJ Green will be a solid number 1 wideout for any team and is a dynamic reciever

5) Arizona Cardinals- Von Miller OLB- The Cards need a big upgrade at getting to the qb. I think the loss of Karlos Dansby is having a knock on effect on the whole defense is struggling because of it. Von Miller is a great prospect with a great motor and could go as high as 3

6) Cleveland Browns- Nick Fairley DT- Fairley showed he had decent technical attributes at his Pro Day and has made himself a lock in the top 10. Cleveland need a dominant force on their front line and Fairley will be a great NFL DT if he cuts out his penalty count.

7) San Fran 49ers- Patrick Peterson CB- Jim Harbaugh has a big task in rebuilding this 49ers and he can start by upgrading a poor secondary with the best cb prospect in the last 10 years. Peterson could play Safety if needs be because he has freakishly good combination of speed, height, and awareness. If he does a bit of work on run support will be a top 3 cb in the NFL

8) Tennesse Titans- Da'Quan Bowers DE- Bowers is starting to slip down mocks because of concerns over his knee. He also has only had 1 dominant year the rest are nothing special. But if he can repeat his form this season in the NFl and clear up any injury worries, the Titans will have a great DE

9) Dallas Cowboys- Prince Amankamura CB- The underachievers of the year, many predicted they would be the first team to win the Superbowl in their own stadium but this idea fell flat on its face around week 12. A lot of talk has been about Peterson and how he is a stunning prospect, a lot of teams drafting in Dallas' range will be glad of this because it takes the spotlight of Amankamura and his stock might not highly increase meaning they have a better chance of him falling to them. Amankamura is a very good prospect and will be a good NFL. He is better in run support than Peterson and is very unlucky that he is competing with an exceptional prospect for number 1 corner, because in most draft classes over the last 5 6 years, he would have been the top prospect

10) St Louis Rams- Julio Jones WR- TRADE ALERT!!!. The Rams need a number 1 wideout to compliment Danny Admendola and to give the very impressive Bradford some tools to work with. The Rams will feel the Redskins could draft Jones and will want to snare him because after Jones, the next best is Titus Young who has a sub 25th pick draft range

11) Houston Texans- Robert Quinn DE/OLB- With the Texans shifting to a 3-4 they need a new a new OLB and Robert Quinn fits the bill. Quinn missed this years season because of suspension but he has all the physical and mental tools needed to suceed in the NFL

12) Minnesota Vikings- JJ Watt DE- The Vikes need a new DE and JJ Watt's stock is on the increase after a very good combine in which he did particualrly well in positional drills

13) Detroit Lions- Tyron Smith OT- You go out and draft a decent QB, but you stick him behind an O-LIne that only Jay Cutler would want in the NFL. It is also no coincidence that he has had 2 season ending inujuries in his first 2 years so an upgrade at Tackle is needed. Tyson Smith's stock rose very highly with the added bulk he put on for the combine and as such moves himself up into the Lions draft range

14) Washington Redkins- Jake Locker QB- Even though Grossman had a decent end to the season, he is not the answer. If Locker can satisfy the Redskins that his accuracy issues are workable he will be a solid NFL QB that will fit into the Redkins Organisation

15) Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram RB- I know people aren't keen on this pick but with your number 1 and 2 rbs potentially leaving you have to step up and replace them with good talent because as it stands, the Fins cant rely on their passing game to win them games. Mark Ingram is a very good talent who has decent speed but a lot of courage and heart which will help his draft sotck rise

16) Jacksonville Jaguars- Ryan Mallet QB- A contraversial pick to say the least. After a lot of thinking, I dont think that Garrard is the long term answer and he needs to be replaced. Yes Mallet does have commitment and maturity issues I fully accept that, however he is not stupid scoring 26 on the Wonderlic Test. The lovechild for this draft Patrick Peterson only scored a 9. Mallet also has the best mechanics of any qb in this draft and has a gun slinger of an arm. If he didnt have the issues that are stated above he would be going number 1 and if the Jaguars can coach it out of them they will have a great NFL starter for the next 10 years

17) NE Patriots- Cameron Heyward DE/DT- The reason Tom Brady didn't put the Jets in their place is because they didn't have a puss rush. They are in despertae need of one and Cameron Heyward fits the bill well with a great motor and elite awareness

18) San Diego Chargers- Ryan Kerrigan DE- The Chargers need help at pass rush because Larry English hasn't panned out and this is the last window of oppertunity for the Chargers to win the Superbowl for the next couple of years. Ryan Kerrigan was a big leader at Purdue, a 3 year starter and has a high motor and and gets pressure to the QB on a frequent basis

19) NY Giants- Akeem Ayers OLB- The giants have a need for an OT however I feel that Akeem Ayers will provide a bigger upgrade than an OT could. He has great athleticism, a high motor and can also make plays against the run to. A good prospect

20) Tampa Bay- Adrian Clayborn DE- The Bucs need a threat outside to Gerald McCoy to take some pressure off him and Adrian Clayborn is the best available. Okay, his final season didn't produce dominant numbers, however he had a poor supporting cast and the year before when he had a decent supporting cast he produced great numbers. A decent prospect however with slight character concerns

21) Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor NT- The Chiefs need a big physical presence in the middle of the Defence to soak up some pressure to allow the OLB to get to the qb. Phil Taylor has all the physical attributes to be a disruptive force in the NFL. A 320 pound frame will be hard to block and as such will help improve the Kansas Defence

22) Indiannapolis Colts- Anthony Costanzo- The Colts need to get a new tackle to help protect Manning becase that O Line made my Chargers rush defence look good which is a hard thing to do. Manning has also reached an age where he can't shrug off injuries as easily as before and one big hit could end his season or career

23) Phillidlephia Eagles- Gabe Carimi OT- Michael Vick found out the hard way that no matter how much talent you have passing or running the ball, that if your O-Line is lacking then it is hard to operate. Carimi will fit well into the Eagles O-Line Blocking scheme and goes ahead of Solder solely on that

24) NO Saints- Corey Luiget DT- The Saints could do with some help up front to play opposite Sedrick Ellis and soak up some pressure on the front 4. Luiget has been mocked as high as 14 in some drafts so the Saints will be getting a player with high value

25) Seattle Seahawks- Brandon Harris CB- The Seahwaks need to improve their pass defence and Brandon Harris is a good player who has first round talent. This pick would be Jimmy Smith but he has some big character issues which I think Pete Carroll will choose to miss on

26) Baltimore Ravens- Torey Smith WR- The number 1 target for Joe Flacco last year was Ray Rice and this proves Baltimore's offence isn't firing on all cylinders. The ravens need a genuine number 2 to take the double coverage off Boldin and make him a number 1 threat. Torey Smith despite small hands has greta upside with a good work ethic

27) Atlanta Falcons- Justin Houston WR- I have changed my mind and now feel the need for DE is higher than the need for a number 2 wideout. Justin Houston is comfortable in coverage or stepping up and making plays in a normla scheme. This will appeal to the Falcons

28) NE Patriots- Derek Sharrod OT- I dont think Matt Light will be back so the Pats need to find a protector for Brady. Sharrod fits the bill with a very athletic frame and being a good blocker

29) Chicago Bears- Mike Pouncey G- There would be no controversy over whether Jay Cutler quit on the Bears if he had an O-Line that would blcok for him. It is likely Jay Cutler has nightmares every Saturday night at the thought of being sacked the next day and the Bears need multiple upgrades on the O Line. Pouncey is a start and he will come in and make an immediate impact with good blocking skills especially opening up running lanes

30) New York Jets- Muhammed Wilkerson DE/DT- The Jets need an upgrade over Shaun Ellis who is declining as a player and Wlikerson could fill that void. He has great physical attributes and I could see him going a lot higher than this

31) Pittsburgh Steelers- Ras-I-Dowling CB- The Steelers have needs but of the players available none fit into the 3-4. So I think they take some help for the secondary which without Troy Polamalu would be very ordinary. Whilst this might be a bit of a reach, it fills a need that the Steelers need to address

32) Green Bay Packers- Jonathan Baldwin WR- The Packers have very few holes because they are a great drafting franchise. Donald Driver is coming to the end of a very good career in which he's been a great servant to the Packers. Jonathan Baldwin is a big tall possession reciever which will compliment the speed and elusiveness of Greg Jennings when he eventually takes over from Driver

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome. This is just my opinion and what could happen and i'm sure many of you will disagree with some of the picks

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Simon's Mock Draft v2 Empty Re: Simon's Mock Draft v2

Post by Pr4wn Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:56 pm

No Aldon Smith? He should be gone in the top 15...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:31 am

I always miss out one. Yh Smith will be gone at before pick 20

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:32 pm

The Cowboys have bigger needs at ROT and at Safety before CB, and if Lions were to trade it would be to Dallas as the Skins also need a premier WR. Dowling is not a 1st round CB I would expect to him to go in the 3rd Steelers need help on the line they have one of the worst O lines in the NFL
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:57 pm

They need help at CB no doubts about that and Amankamura is the best player available. Decent safetys and tackles can be picked up in rounds 2 and 3. Not too sure about the point about the lions but the Skins have bigger needs than wideout. If santana moss doesn't re-sign then wideout will become a need.

I wanted to mock the Steelers a lineman but there are no tackles left who i think are first round material so gave them a cb. It could be Ras-I-Dowling or Jimmy Smith the pick depends on how worrying the Stellers find Smith's character concerns

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Atlanta FAlcons pick- Justin Houston is a DE not WR

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:02 pm

simonhufc wrote:They need help at CB no doubts about that and Amankamura is the best player available. Decent safetys and tackles can be picked up in rounds 2 and 3. Not too sure about the point about the lions but the Skins have bigger needs than wideout. If santana moss doesn't re-sign then wideout will become a need.

I wanted to mock the Steelers a lineman but there are no tackles left who i think are first round material so gave them a cb. It could be Ras-I-Dowling or Jimmy Smith the pick depends on how worrying the Stellers find Smith's character concerns

Dallas bigger needs than CB sure they were poor last season, however Ball was a converted CB and did not perform, Dallas will draft a CB but not until at least the 3rd. ROT and DL are the Cowboys main areas and I would expect a lineman to be Dallas first pick unless Patrick Peterson falls and Dallas reach for him at #6.

As for the Steelers there would be a solid late first round pick for them, Penn State Centre Stefan Wisnewiski who would fit their system, he will also get a look at Guard as well, then there is Jason Pinkston who would be another fit as late first round/2nd round pick, Dowling stock is falling and the Steelers would be wasting a pick on a player who is now projected as a mid 3rd round
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 pm

There is no elite tackle on the board such as Okung last year who is worthy of the number 9 pick and I don't think there is a DE worth that pick maybe JJ Watt but that might be a reach.

Stefan Wisnewski is a mid 2nd round talent and is falling down boards he will not be the 31 pick. In hindisght maybe the steelers won't care about jimmy smiths character issues so maybe he will be the pick instead. Pinkston is a mid 2nd round talent at best

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:50 am

TYron Smith, is moving up the boards, he has huge upside and is only 20 he has the height/size/speed to be an elite level OT in the NFL, it's the USC Pro day this week if he has a good day expect Smith to be ranked higher than he is (currently) mid teens. I have heard in some comparisons that Smith maybe as good as or better than Jake Long was who went 2nd overall to the Rams.

Wisnewski is up and down at the minute but there is also Pinkerton and Watkins being tagged as late 1st rounders
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:02 am

Amankamura would be a better pick at number 9 and then a second round lineman such as Wisniewski, Pinkerton or Watkins. Don't think Smith will be better than Long by any stretch of the imagination

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:33 am

Let's not rule out the Cowboys trading down, which I think they eventually will. When was the last time the Cowboys took an OL in the first round? I've gone back to 1995 and still haven't found one so I doubt it'll happen this year.

Also, Jake Long was drafted first overall by the Dolphins, Chris Long was draft second by the Rams.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:38 am

Sorry my mistake, thought he was refering to Jake and not Chris

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:46 am

Dallas don't need a corner as bad as a Lineman, only Corner worth reaching for is Peterson. Sorry I meant Long the OT, Smith is gaining rave reviews but it will depend on his pro day this week, his upside is better than the other main prospects, Cowboys last took an O lineman in the 1st around 18-20years I think, however,we need to protect Romo Colombo was the worst OT in the NFL last season, and when the Cowboys were successful they always had a big huge O line. Trading down is possible maybe to the Rams at 13, Jags at 16 or Pats at 17, if the Pats want a stud wideout. I would be happy with one of 3 prospects for Dallas to draft, Smith at OT, JJ Watt to play DE or Phil Taylor to also play on the Line.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 am

simonhufc wrote:Amankamura would be a better pick at number 9 and then a second round lineman such as Wisniewski, Pinkerton or Watkins. Don't think Smith will be better than Long by any stretch of the imagination

Amankamura wont be there at 31 for the Steelers, but one of Pinkerton or Watkins would be.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:54 am

Phil Taylor is a NT and you're sorted there with Jay Ratliff. I think Amukamara is a great talent and that Dallas would do really well picking him up. I just can't see Jerry Jones taking an O-lineman in the first round. He won't break the habit of a lifetime.

Watt would fit in well, as would Cam Jordan but the Dallas secondary was so bad last year. You got teabagged by Rex Grossman!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:19 am

I know I am talking bout Dallas when I say Amankamura first round then a lineman second round.

It would be risky waiting for a corner in the second round (Jimmy Smith) because I think the cardinals could try and get a corner in the 2nd round to replace rodgers cromartie

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:31 am

Ratlif could play end as could Phil Taylor all though he is a true NT, with Ron Ryan he likes to keep Offences guessing. I agree we have a very poor Secondary but this is more at Safety than CB, we need a Free Safety more than a CB, even upgrading at D line would improve the Secondary more. You are right re JJ not taking an O line man and this has been our weakness we have tried to rely on late round picks to do the job, and this has not worked although Free was a 4th rounder, but it has taken him 3-4 years to start, we do not have that option, what with uncertainty around F.A that's why JJ will need to look at repairing the Line on both sides in the first 2 rounds, and then look at CB in the 3rd round maybe Curtis Brown of Texas or Burton of Utah would be a better fit after fixing the lines.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:12 pm

I agree with the Giants picking Ayers as their first round pick. There has been a void at LB since Antonio Pierce retired. The guy is a great all-around player and he has no preference in playing in a 4-3 or 3-4.

He didn't have an impressive combine but his pro day is tomorrow March 29th. I'm hoping he doesn't do too well to the point that he becomes a Top 15 pick. If that happens, it won't look good for the Giants.

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 pm

I think ayers has reached his peek and won't go above the top 15 if he starts moving in mocks it will be down. Regarding the NY pick, it could be another olb, an ot ( which would be costanzo) or mark ingram if the dolphins take pouncey or mallet because ahmed bradshaw is a FA

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down