The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tyler black on his time in wwe so far

+2
talkingpoint
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

tyler black on his time in wwe so far Empty tyler black on his time in wwe so far

Post by Fernando Sat 26 Mar 2011, 11:44 pm

was asked recently to compare my time on the indies to what my life has been like down here in Tampa working with WWE for the last 6 months. I’ve got a few free minutes on this drive to Miami so I thought I’d use that time to divulge some of my thoughts on the subject. Hopefully they aren’t boring thoughts.

First, the similarities. The situations are virtually the same: a congregation of men and women trying to find success in the entertainment business. Shows on the weekends, paying dues, trying to do the best we can to achieve our goals. Friendships and relationships are made, cultivated, and broken. Wrestling is wrestling, no matter how much it tries not to be.

Which brings me to the differences, and there are many. Freedom is the greatest compromise. And I don’t mean in the ring. I’ve been lucky enough thus far to have been granted a more than reasonable amount of creative freedom with my style and personality. What I mean is that down here, this business becomes full time. Training is daily, fitness is regimented, watching the product is required, I’m setting up and tearing down rings again, street teams on off days, and shows 2, 3, and sometimes 4 days a week. That’s the trade off for getting a paycheck every week. It’s an interesting lifestyle, and after being In the business for 6+ years now and always being in control, it has been an odd adjustment for me to make.

People often ask me if I regret my decision to leave ROH, or if I wished I had gone to TNA. My answer is no. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to live out part of my dream in ROH. My 3 years there were more fulfilling than I ever thought possible, but what should be understood is that wrestling for WWE was always my goal. Main eventing Wrestlemania is my Everest. And that is not a knock on ROH at all, it’s just my personal feeling. And it always has been.

One thing I’m proud of is that I’ve never changed. I will always be the kid wrestling in his backyard in Buffalo, IA…I’ll always be the bright eyed 18 year old driving half way across the country to wrestle for a dozen t shirts…I’ll always be the guy who cried in front of 2000 fans the night he won the ROH World Title. Love me or hate me, I’ll never change.

sounds like a very genuine guy will be good when he gets to the main roster

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

tyler black on his time in wwe so far Empty Re: tyler black on his time in wwe so far

Post by talkingpoint Sun 27 Mar 2011, 11:12 am

I really enjoyed Tyler Black's world title run in ROH - he has an impressive moveset - always loved the bucklebomb followed by the super kick and his rubix cube; he was able to play a great babyface when chasing the title and coming up short and he showed at the end of his time in ROH that he could be a great heel as well - doing the "you can't see me" sign was genious as it incensed the ROH faithful who love to hate WWE. I know his mic skills needed a bit of work but his promos were getting better.

I just hope WWE don't treat him like they've done Daniel Bryan when he moves up to main roster. I think Black has far more presence than Bryan in ring but I really don't want him to get stuck in mid card, occassionally jobbing to the main eventers. He needs to make in impact when he moves to the main roster and WWE need to give him momentum - I do believe he could be a future world champion and could main event wrestlemania but WWE will need to show some faith in him. I have mixed feelings about his future at the moment. Sad

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

tyler black on his time in wwe so far Empty Re: tyler black on his time in wwe so far

Post by randy-poffo Sun 27 Mar 2011, 1:33 pm

The thing with the WWE mid card is that it could be great,if the WWE invested some time to it,with the likes of Bryan,Black,CM punk and christian they could center the IC belt around these and bring back some good times to the division.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sun 27 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

randy-poffo wrote:The thing with the WWE mid card is that it could be great,if the WWE invested some time to it,with the likes of Bryan,Black,CM punk and christian they could center the IC belt around these and bring back some good times to the division.

It would rebuild the importance of the IC title, as at the moment it has no meaning.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 27 Mar 2011, 4:13 pm

Give Barrett a chance with it before writing it off

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 27 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

I would have no problem with Tyler Black winning the IC or US title if WWE respected its mid card titles and he had some great matches with the likes of Bryan, Morrison, Ziggler, Barrett etc However The US title just sat around the waist of Bryan and the Miz before him - neither title has had any build up to Mania, when you could have had Barrett and Sheamus win the titles at Mania!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sun 27 Mar 2011, 4:52 pm

Barrett title win could just be that step in the right direction.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 27 Mar 2011, 5:18 pm

do you really see Barrett defending the belt regularly either on SD or at PPV? Other than Kingston who is there? McIntyre? Masters? They're the only 3 I can think of - Big Show, Kane and Christian are past the IC title in terms of their careers, kane was heavyweight champion only last year! Del Rio will remain in the world title picture for the foreseeable future, as will Edge until he retires.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 27 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

Jericho and Mysterio where past the IC Title when they feuded over it, at the end of the day if they want to build Barrett then i can definitely see them give him Kane Show and Christian and even Rey, why not if they are going to do it properly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:12 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Jericho and Mysterio where past the IC Title when they feuded over it, at the end of the day if they want to build Barrett then i can definitely see them give him Kane Show and Christian and even Rey, why not if they are going to do it properly

but that's the point if they are going to do it properly - we don't know whether WWE want to rebuild the IC title around Barrett or whether its just to bolster the Corre's image of being a dominant stable - even more so than the Nexus. At the moment I would say the belt will sit around Barrett's waist and he will use it as bragging rights as did the Miz with little evidence of him being a worthy champion and seldom defending it. I mean how many times did Kingston defend it in the latter part of his run? However I would love it to be the former and for them to actually give the title more significance again.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:34 pm

Tyler Black heart

Bar CM Punk this guy is one of the best that ROH will ever have. His move set is fantastic and general wrestling ability blow everyone out the water.

The pity of it all is that I really can't see him being more than a mid carder at the WWE. I can always dream to see this guy without he WWE world heavyweight title round his waist. If only all wrestling Feds were based on their in ring ability and not having to join McMahon's kiss my ass club!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 27 Mar 2011, 10:33 pm

talkingpoint wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:Jericho and Mysterio where past the IC Title when they feuded over it, at the end of the day if they want to build Barrett then i can definitely see them give him Kane Show and Christian and even Rey, why not if they are going to do it properly

but that's the point if they are going to do it properly - we don't know whether WWE want to rebuild the IC title around Barrett or whether its just to bolster the Corre's image of being a dominant stable - even more so than the Nexus. At the moment I would say the belt will sit around Barrett's waist and he will use it as bragging rights as did the Miz with little evidence of him being a worthy champion and seldom defending it. I mean how many times did Kingston defend it in the latter part of his run? However I would love it to be the former and for them to actually give the title more significance again.
you said it IF so why not lets see how they handle it before writing it off, SD has proven to be a good place for a heel with the IC/US Title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down