The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v Scotland match thread

+58
asoreleftshoulder
BlueMuff
thebluesmancometh
Sin é
SecretFly
Artful_Dodger
flynnnio
Rory_Gallagher
kunu
ME-109
Standulstermen
KiaRose
Notch
hugo124
Maddog
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Gretgael1
MrsP
TJ1
Irishhoneymonster
Feckless Rogue
JLyall
Golden
Knowsit17
valjester
majesticimperialman
tigertattie
geoff999rugby
munkian
Casartelli
Cymroglan
laBete
dublin_dave
wales606
Liam
mystiroakey
ultra
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
KickAndChase
mckay1402
glamorganalun
nobbled
Morgannwg
MMC
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Biltong
funnyExiledScot
gowales
maestegmafia
RDW
GavinDragon
George Carlin
IanBru
Shifty
bsando
Cari
eirebilly
62 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Ireland v Scotland match thread - Page 12 Empty Ireland v Scotland match thread

Post by eirebilly Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scotland have been playing well and causing alot of teams problems and leading the 6N stats in line breaks.

I am expecting a very open game against Ireland and it could be a high scorer.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Ireland v Scotland match thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Ireland v Scotland match thread

Post by rodders Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:55 pm

I thought Darcy was ok actually? Solid enough in defence and attack. Certainly hes playing better than this time last year and a couple of awful unforced handling errors apart over two games he's done alright imo since the Wales game.

The 3 first choice 12's at the 'main' provinces are D'arcy, Wallace and Mafi so the options are limited. So we either move an outside centre there or pick someone not 1st choice. Not ideal but I don't think its a big deal either.

Sexton is not the answer though and I think McFadden is the best bet, or else a BOD/(Earls/Cave) combo, until Luke Marshall and Hanaran are ready.

BOD said he's due back within weeks too. Any update on that? He looked a tad skinny and gaunt to me as well.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Ireland v Scotland match thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Ireland v Scotland match thread

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm

roddersm wrote:I thought Darcy was ok actually? Solid enough in defence and attack. Certainly hes playing better than this time last year and a couple of awful unforced handling errors apart over two games he's done alright imo since the Wales game.

The 3 first choice 12's at the 'main' provinces are D'arcy, Wallace and Mafi so the options are limited. So we either move an outside centre there or pick someone not 1st choice. Not ideal but I don't think its a big deal either.

Sexton is not the answer though and I think McFadden is the best bet, or else a BOD/(Earls/Cave) combo, until Luke Marshall and Hanaran are ready.

BOD said he's due back within weeks too. Any update on that? He looked a tad skinny and gaunt to me as well.

I thought BOD looked in really good shape. To me he has looked slightly overweight for some time. By that, I mean he has too much muscle and I think it affects his speed and general agility. Is it purely coincidence that POC is playing the most consistent and possibly best rugby of his career after a major injury leading to him dropping some unnecessary muscle mass?

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Ok fair enough, it was just my impression when in saw him next to Patterson, who's quite small and lightly built.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:09 pm

roddersm wrote:Ok fair enough, it was just my impression when in saw him next to Patterson, who's quite small and lightly built.

I think when you are used to BOD being really quite big then he would have looked smaller for sure. I think that could only be beneficial to his game and his longevity. If nothing else this Six Nations has demonstrated how desperately we need him to continue for at least another season or two.

On your other points also I totally agree. Kidney's problems at 12 are the making of the provinces, yet Kidney seems to take the blame for it. Darcy was for me perhaps a 6 out of 10 on Saturday. Solid enough but very ponderous in attack and distribution skills just not quite there. He looks like a player who knows his time in a green shirt is coming to a swift end.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Well Mc Fadden is already in the 22 for his versatility so to me would be the natural replacement. He has done enough in his cameos to deserve a start in his best postition at 12. Schmidt may go for Darcy in big games but this is Ireland here. Darcy has shown nothing for far too long in the green jersey. Its laughable that he still is a shoe in.

you can make a case for wallace at 12 but as said above you can make a case for anyone but darcy (downey,whitten,spence, a 40 year old kevin maggs etc)

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
MrsP wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The longer it takes MrsP to respond the more scared i get that i am going to get a lecture of monumentous proportions Wink

Laugh

I had to nip out for a wee while.

Do I give lectures?

Erm

Thanks for your definition of a footballing 10. I like Sexton at 12 too. Maybe we are all turning into Kiwis!
Laugh

PS Where were my texts?! Bliwdy favouritism mad

I told Gibbo to pass on my greetings.... I think Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

MrsP wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The longer it takes MrsP to respond the more scared i get that i am going to get a lecture of monumentous proportions Wink

Laugh

I had to nip out for a wee while.

Do I give lectures?

Erm

Thanks for your definition of a footballing 10. I like Sexton at 12 too. Maybe we are all turning into Kiwis!

No lecture? I am disappointed Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:37 pm

I would just like to point out that I do not give lectures!

This must be clear to all users of this forum surely?

In the following power-point presentation, I will set out the evidence for my supposition that I do not lecture.

I will then summarise, at the end, all points covered.

There is no need to take notes as a "hand-out" is provided but I would appreciate it if you could leave all questions till the end when we will have a short plenary session!

Thank you!

Last edited by MrsP on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 pm

dublin_dave wrote:Well Mc Fadden is already in the 22 for his versatility so to me would be the natural replacement. He has done enough in his cameos to deserve a start in his best postition at 12. Schmidt may go for Darcy in big games but this is Ireland here. Darcy has shown nothing for far too long in the green jersey. Its laughable that he still is a shoe in.

you can make a case for wallace at 12 but as said above you can make a case for anyone but darcy (downey,whitten,spence, a 40 year old kevin maggs etc)

I disagree dave. Firstly how can you criticise Kidney for picking D'arcy and not Schmidt?

Theres nothing to suggest some of the names you've mentioned offer much more than D'arcy and have considerably less experience.

I understand people are frustrated with D'arcy but the alternatives are not exactly jumping out. At this stage it would be a change for change sake.

Paddy Wallace in great form but again you're swapping one 31/2 year old for another. Downey is not better than D'arcy and Spence and Whitten have potential but are still developing at provincial/Wolfhounds level. Maggs is a possibility though........
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 pm

I would just like to point out that I do not give lectures!

Shocked I got one.

This must be clear to all users of this forum surely?

No. Rolling Eyes

In the following posts I will set out the evidence for my supposition that I do not lecture.

Can't wait, this should be good. Whistle

I will then summarise, at the end, all points covered.
great, more stuff to read. steam

There is no need to take notes as a "hand-out" is provided but I would appreciate it if you could leave all questions till the end when we will have a short plenary session!
I need two copies please. One for daily reference, and a back up. Headscratch

Thank you!
Well i am sure it will be our pleasure to be entertained in such a manner. notworthy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:42 pm

roddersm wrote:Ok fair enough, it was just my impression when in saw him next to Patterson, who's quite small and lightly built.

That's what made/makes him so special. You see him in normal clothes, you see him with women, you see him next to kids and you think he's not exactly the guy you imagine him to be from the legendary profile.

But see him walk onto a field with his cold stare, intent tight in his facial muscles and you know you're looking at a giant of the game...a true warrior about to do battle.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Did Earls dive when Evans got the yellow card? Looked like it on the replays.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:45 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Did Earls dive when Evans got the yellow card? Looked like it on the replays.

We had a whole day of that on another thread.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:52 pm

What was the conclusion?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:What was the conclusion?

Is there ever really a conclusion on ye olde 606 conveyor belt of opposing views?! Wink

Some said Earls was a runt and should be hung, drawn and quartered. Others said Evans was guilty of a yellow card infringement. In other words, go talk about the real guilty party.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:07 pm

There was the welsh conclusion, the Irish conclusion and then the innocent bystander (me) who recorded the game and checked the incident in superslomo.

Evans was running from a side on engle toward the ball , but drifting in almost directly behind Earls, Evans right shin connected with Earls lower left leg, on the calf and this caused Earls to trip himself. Forget about the grab on the left arm, as it was halfhearted and not the cuase of the fall.

It was not a dive, it was a trip, whether it was intentional cannot really be proven and Earls did make a little meal (maybe not a buffet, but perhaps a starter) of it.

That is my unbiased opinion.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Then there were those who seemed happy for the subject to be discussed until they realised they were on the wrong side initially and then pulled the plug so we didn't all notice the swift change once some facts had been introduced!

Whistle

Very Happy

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Fair enough. The fact that Evans swore to the ref that he didn't touch earls threw me. Good actor.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:34 pm

spot on biltong. storm in a teacup re earls trip

rodders - we have too many good players on this island to have a passenger in the team. darcy has been less poor for leinster than ireland over the last year. im actually not sure why he gets the nod for big leinster games. but as mr schmidt won us a HC in his first year playing great rugby he has got a pass on this.

i think mc fadden will offer more at 12 if selected there for next week. i would bring in sob and mc fadden for darcy and heaslip. hopefully we get sob on the ball more in the 8 jersey with ferris and omahony doing the donkey work.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:37 pm

MrsP wrote:Then there were those who seemed happy for the subject to be discussed until they realised they were on the wrong side initially and then pulled the plug so we didn't all notice the swift change once some facts had been introduced!

Whistle

Very Happy

Run

ya talkin' 'bout me? Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 pm

You are a cheeky minx at times MrsP Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Whistle

Just calls it like I sees it!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:28 pm

raspberry
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 pm

And you call me cheeky?

warning

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Absolutely, i am whats famously called a 'keyboard warrior' i am very brave when i have something to say to you from the safety of my laptop Wink

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm

I suspect there are quite a few like you on here eireb!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Hey, at least i am honest about it Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:44 pm

eirebilly wrote:Absolutely, i am whats famously called a 'keyboard warrior' i am very brave when i have something to say to you from the safety of my laptop Wink

Now there's a fool who hasn't heard about the latest App (oh I do ever feel so young and cool saying that!)... The Silent Assassin it's called. I press a button on my computer and your phone explodes............... Wink So keep a lid on the warrior stuff!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Laugh

Fly, you are pure evil you devil
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Laugh

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Forgot to mention.

On the Earls (didn't) dive front.

If you ever have the misfortune to be made to trip and fall, just pray that EireB isn't there to be disappointed in the manner in which you meet the turf!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Well, I have to back eirebilly up on that one, real men don't fall with that much grace. Laugh

Hence, I understand his disappointment. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 pm

I remember falling off a scaffold... about six feet high, onto the ground, backwards. I might have laid there for a long while and allowed myself to get over it, but I had a little neice looking on.

So I remember quickly doing a self mind-scan for injury as I hit the ground - and realising I wasn't hurt badly I rolled over as I fell and jumped up onto my feet instantly. And to add to the illusion and my neice's laughter, I climbed back up instantly onto the scaffold without a word. Only then did I laugh down at her.

But it proves you can be very graceful indeed if you legitmately fall!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Well just be glad EireB wasn't there or he'd be accusing you of taking a dive off the scaffold just to get the compo!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:15 am

SecretFly wrote:I remember falling off a scaffold... about six feet high, onto the ground, backwards. I might have laid there for a long while and allowed myself to get over it, but I had a little neice looking on.

So I remember quickly doing a self mind-scan for injury as I hit the ground - and realising I wasn't hurt badly I rolled over as I fell and jumped up onto my feet instantly. And to add to the illusion and my neice's laughter, I climbed back up instantly onto the scaffold without a word. Only then did I laugh down at her.

Believe me, your niece would have thought much more of you if you hit the ground like a fall down drunk, and then groaned around slowly getting up and struggling back onto the scaffolding, now she thinks falling six feet is nthing and will attempt this off the roof of her double story house.

If she gets hurt in any way, it wil be your fault. warning
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:42 am

biltongbek wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I remember falling off a scaffold... about six feet high, onto the ground, backwards. I might have laid there for a long while and allowed myself to get over it, but I had a little neice looking on.

Believe me, your niece would have thought much more of you if you hit the ground like a fall down drunk, and then groaned around slowly getting up and struggling back onto the scaffolding, now she thinks falling six feet is nthing and will attempt this off the roof of her double story house.

If she gets hurt in any way, it wil be your fault. warning

Laugh Don't do that to me, biltong!!! I'm a nervous wreck now that I was a bad scaffold teacher!

Ah, she's a college going teen now... I hope she realises at this stage that falling from tall things is not funny.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:14 pm

MrsP wrote:Well just be glad EireB wasn't there or he'd be accusing you of taking a dive off the scaffold just to get the compo!

Now you are pishing me off MrsP. Do i have to download that application that Fly suggested and destroy your phone? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Excuse me???

Where are the mods when you need them?

Shocked

That EireBilly wan just threatened me!

Actually, it's okay! He's all mouth and no trousers!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm

I love you really MrsP kiss

Its the small willy big mouth syndrome that i suffer from Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Shocked

Too much information there EireB!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm

I believe in sharing MrsP Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 pm

eirebilly wrote:I love you really MrsP kiss

Its the small willy big mouth syndrome that i suffer from Wink

Shocked I always thought it was small man syndrome. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Small man syndrome...

biltong!!!!! no need for that Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Sorry Not you, you dummy, the saying! raspberry
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Poor MrsP, on this thread she has been accused of being a lecturer, of being blind for being unable to see that Earles made the most of it, threatend with exploding phones and forced to read about my small willy.

Poor lady may never come back Shocked Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm

eirebilly wrote:Poor MrsP, on this thread she has been accused of being a lecturer, of being blind for being unable to see that Earles made the most of it, threatend with exploding phones and forced to read about my small willy.

Is MrsP a letcher?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:44 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Poor MrsP, on this thread she has been accused of being a lecturer, of being blind for being unable to see that Earles made the most of it, threatend with exploding phones and forced to read about my small willy.

Is MrsP a letcher?

I had to re-read my post in case of a Freudian slip, nice one AsBo Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:00 pm

With reference to D'Arcy it was suggested above that the alternatives do not offer an improvement.

I disagree I think Wallace, McFadden and Sexton all offer something more in different ways

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Aahh good man geoff, get the thread back on track Wink

If Kidney doesnt pick D'Arcy then either Sexton or Wallace would be the best choice to start at 12 against England in my opinion.

If Sexton is selected at 10 and ROG on the bench then Wallace is the only option but we dont want to exceed the Ulster quota Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12