The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lopez vs Salido (spoilers)

+2
Melkor
bellchees
6 posters

Go down

Lopez vs Salido (spoilers) Empty Lopez vs Salido (spoilers)

Post by bellchees Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Firstly what a fight, great heart showed by both guys in an absolute war, if you didn't stay up for this one go watch it now.

Lopez showed the same defences problems as in the first fight which ultimately lost him the fight and until he gets that sorted he will have problems throughout his career. I'm glad Salido got the KO as he was somehow behind on the score cards and on his way to getting robbed until he closed the show in the 10th. Lopez was awful in his post fight interview blaming the referee having a gambling problem as to why he stopped the fight even though Lopez was clearly not fit to continue, he'll probably get in some trouble for those comments which slightly soured an excellent fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Lopez vs Salido (spoilers) Empty Re: Lopez vs Salido (spoilers)

Post by Melkor Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Didn't see the fight, but saw the stoppage. Lopez is a disgrace for his comments. He should be pressed for an apology and fined if not forthcoming. Sounds like he was being set up to win on the cards in a disgust way if you're right. For him to say "he was out power punching me 2:1 but I was dominating him" shows he's just a bad sport, a poor loser and his accusation against the ref was the cherry on top. Hope his career is done for that.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:11 am

Can't say I wish his career is over after an angry statement.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:36 am

Alex as harsh as it may sound, I have lost all respect for Lopez and hope he is finished too. It wasn't just an angry statement. It was a complete lack of respect, lack of gratitude and lack of common sense. Saying the ref stopped the fight because he's a gambling addict is outrageous, the ref saved his life!! If he had of been allowed to fight on then he was going to be really badly hurt or worse.

He showed the same lack of class in the first fight when he was taken apart and again he can't bite the bullet and admit the better man won. Even watching the replay of getting finished Lopez tried to say he was alright, his neck couldn't even hold his head up right.

I hope he fights one more time and the ref let's him fight on in the state he was in, then he will find out what would have happened.

Well done to Salito though, one ultimate tough SOB. hard as nails and a great champion. Fought like a lion.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:41 am

Again, can't say I wish his career is over due to it, should have repurcussions from his actions though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:07 am

Mikey Garcia was also very promising. Was let down by bernabe who didn't look like he tried as had sad he could, he's usually very busy and in your face. Maybe it was Garcia who didn't let him but he looked tentative.

Garcia is very heavy handed. Threw his jab like a left hook and when he got him on the ropes he teed off pretty well although he needs to go down to the body more.

I was impressed by his footwork also, got in and out pretty well but didn't have great head movement.

He's mandatory for salido which would be a great fight as Garcia is a lot better defensively than juanma

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 am

Seen Garcia a few times, hits like a mule.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:03 am

Lopez defence is shocking, although he has a tremendous heart. Wonder what he is going to do now?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down