The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

+4
Seanusarrilius
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
School Project
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers). Empty Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:45 am

Only a few hours away from the fights now. Sean, I hope you're online to keep me company mate!

Jose Lopez seems like a one sided affair to me, something for Ortiz to get his teeth into. Lopez has a decent dig and a good chin, but this is the only the 2nd time he's fought at Welterweight. Ortiz is a BIG Welterweight again with a decent dig... but will he lose confidence if Lopez is taking the shots well, I'm not sure.

Lopez has struggled with Vargas but only lost by SD last time out at Junior Welter, he also hasn't ever gone past 10 rounds before, will the extra weight be an issue? Ortiz by UD.

Soto vs Matthysse is an absolute pick-em of a fight. Soto always brings his A-Game and is rarely in a boring match up, this one will have fireworks no doubt. RingTV poll has the fight 50-50. Soto is coming off a 15 fight win streak, Matthysse last loss was the robbery against Alexander. I've got to pick Matthysse to win by KO in this fight after boxing Soto down and taking him out in the late stages (which should prove more difficult than merely writing it!).

Looking forward to this one anyways. I'll be scoring the fight and hope whoever else is online will do too!

I'll be posting on Twitter with Sean too: @School_Project @606v2boxing - See you guys later!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers). Empty Re: Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:02 am

Should be a really good night of boxing

Lopez isnt perhaps isn't that much of a threat, but he has a really good chin, a fair bit of power and won't just get bowled over. Ortiz is limited but is really entertaining to watch and it should be good while it lasts

Soto-matthysse could be a fight of the year, but I can't see how soto wins unless he doesn't get into a scrap, something he does far too often. Antillon gave him all he can handle and matthysse is bigger, hits harder and is just a better boxer

Back to top Go down

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers). Empty Re: Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:05 am

Sean is probably out looking for some Canadian poontang.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:36 am

azania wrote:Sean is probably out looking for some Canadian poontang.

Nothing going on the mean Canadian streets tonight, just Racoons.

I got to agree with ShcoolProject - a lot of people are saying Ortiz might get upset tonight, but I just feel he is too big and too strong at the weight. Matthysse v Soto is a pick em, that said, my money is Matthysse coming on late and wearing Soto down one way or another.

Cannot wait for this. I want to take some credit for being as big a fan as you guys, but it's only 8:35 here, ha

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:39 am

I know that Sean's watching, I can smell him on Twitter haha. If he's out is another thing! I need more Red Bull I can tell you.

Completely agree WHU. Soto is solid but I think he's going to get caught late on during a scrap. Soto is usually the taller guy in the ring but Matthysse is a very tall Jnr Welter, I think that will play a big part, though Soto has the 3 inch reach advantage... the fight will be won on the inside by Matthysse.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:40 am

Haha, I am here

Matthysse needs to land straight rights to the body to slow Soto down in later rounds. He MUST know after Judah and Alexander (which I had him winning both) he needs to close well. Not long now boys!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:03 am

What part of the card are you on Sean? I might need to pop out into Cardiff to pick someone up (which means I may actually miss the Matthysse and Soto fight!).

Sky are only showing about 2 hours of boxing which gives me reason to believe only 2 or 3 fights will be shown :/

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:07 am

Showtime are doing their pre-amble now. Get going and get back mate!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:08 am

They are showing the 2 and I think Arreola highlights

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:20 am

Here we go, weird that's it's only 10 rounds

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:23 am

Matthysse is trying to show his strength in the first here... Soto looks like he edges the speed but Mattysse is blocking well!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:24 am

Don't like 10 - 10 rounds, but I have to Soto even though it was close.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:28 am

20-18 soto imo, it's heating up already, matthysse showe she pier in the last 10 seconds or so

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:28 am

Matthysse round... fight even at the moment. Soto down on the bell, should be able to recover - not called. This fight is all about the uppercuts and counter hooks from both guys...

Bombs away!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:31 am

Big shots from Matthysse - How many rounds will Soto last? He is boxing better but is being caught easy.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:32 am

This is an intriguing fight, matthysse lands the harder shots but some of soto's counter shots are brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:32 am

I've got it 2-1 to Matthysse.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:36 am

2-2 for me, soto is already starting to look a little worn

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:37 am

This could be FOTY already... 3-1 Matthsse.

Effective pressure, Soto's losing power and alot of arm punches.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:39 am

Soto is going out in the next round.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:41 am

It's over, matthysse is the real deal, no-one does that to soto

He boxed and brawled very well

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:41 am

Soto vs Matthysse is an absolute pick-em of a fight. Soto always brings his A-Game and is rarely in a boring match up, this one will have fireworks no doubt. RingTV poll has the fight 50-50. Soto is coming off a 15 fight win streak, Matthysse last loss was the robbery against Alexander. I've got to pick Matthysse to win by KO in this fight after boxing Soto down and taking him out in the late stages (which should prove more difficult than merely writing it!).

BOOM! Thought it would have gone a little longer, but another correct prediction Smile

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:48 am

I said that this guy would give khan fits(not saying he will defo win), and I think that more than ever now

This guy closes the ring better Maidana, has a tighter defence, throws better combo's, has a very good jab and has the same power. Peterson showed khan still doesnt get off the ropes but Peterson didn't have the power matthysse does

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:55 am

Scorecards at the time of the stoppage:

49-45/47-47/48-46 - to Matthysse.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:57 am

I would struggle a bit to but too much into that result. For me it just looked liked Matthyse could walk through Soto. Soto just looked a division too far. He didnt have the power or strength to keep Mathysse at bay despite landing plenty of his own shots. If Soto had power at the weight it would have been interesting to see how it unfolded. But when one guy can walk another down and there is a massive power and strength gap the whole dynamics of the fight change.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:03 am

War mattysse, the man hits like a super mid

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:07 am

A round-robin tournament between matthysse, rios, Maidana and Alvarado would be so great for fans

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:12 am

Good start from Lopez, hes willing to fight fire with fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:14 am

Just tuned in, are you all watching online?

Last edited by Sugar Floyd Louis on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:14 am

Ortiz is powerful!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:16 am

LOVE THIS CARD!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:21 am

Sean sounds like I've missed a lot

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:26 am

It's all action after 4. Ortiz just smacked him on back of head. Lopez may be looking for a way out

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:26 am

Ortiz is an idiot for that!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:30 am

Yep, typical Victor, his corner need to discipline him better. Good round after that tho

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:33 am

Looks like the same problem Soto faced. Lopez has caught Ortiz with his best shots but just doesnt have the power.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:33 am

Both really want a K.O!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:37 am

Lopez deserves credit for coming back into it.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:38 am

7th - Lopez all the way

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:39 am

Sean how many rounds you gave Ortiz?

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:39 am

Lopez was backing Ortiz up, that's not good for victor . Lopez is one tough guy and is pretty effective at what he does

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:42 am

8th Vicious

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:42 am

Lopez took quite a lot of punishment in that round

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:43 am

I find it very hard to see how Ortiz beats Canelo and this fight just reinforces it. I think Ortiz would be on the floor if it was Alvarez hitting him with these shots.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:47 am

Ortiz defence is too leaky for Canelo at 154. Would eat canvas

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:48 am

It's over, Ortiz retired

Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:48 am

Did Dr. Stop this?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:49 am

I think he broke his jaw

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:50 am

Just as well for Ortiz, I think Alvarez would have massacred him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:52 am

What now for Canelo and Ortiz

Canelo has gone from kirkland to Williams to ortiz and now to ......

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next