The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

+4
Seanusarrilius
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
School Project
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers). - Page 2 Empty Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

Post by School Project Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Only a few hours away from the fights now. Sean, I hope you're online to keep me company mate!

Jose Lopez seems like a one sided affair to me, something for Ortiz to get his teeth into. Lopez has a decent dig and a good chin, but this is the only the 2nd time he's fought at Welterweight. Ortiz is a BIG Welterweight again with a decent dig... but will he lose confidence if Lopez is taking the shots well, I'm not sure.

Lopez has struggled with Vargas but only lost by SD last time out at Junior Welter, he also hasn't ever gone past 10 rounds before, will the extra weight be an issue? Ortiz by UD.

Soto vs Matthysse is an absolute pick-em of a fight. Soto always brings his A-Game and is rarely in a boring match up, this one will have fireworks no doubt. RingTV poll has the fight 50-50. Soto is coming off a 15 fight win streak, Matthysse last loss was the robbery against Alexander. I've got to pick Matthysse to win by KO in this fight after boxing Soto down and taking him out in the late stages (which should prove more difficult than merely writing it!).

Looking forward to this one anyways. I'll be scoring the fight and hope whoever else is online will do too!

I'll be posting on Twitter with Sean too: @School_Project @606v2boxing - See you guys later!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers). - Page 2 Empty Re: Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:00 am

Alvarez would have. The ortiz madness continues. What a great night tho

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers). - Page 2 Empty Re: Ortiz vs Lopez / Soto vs Matthysse - Scorecard and Review -Round By Round (Will contain spoilers).

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:02 am

That all looks a bit lame from Ortiz I have to say. He doesnt look like he cares one bit that he lost. I dont really know if hes suited to boxing. HE just doesnt seem to care when he loses.

With the Ortiz/Canelo fight already made I dont think theres a hope Lopez was going to get a decision there. All Ortiz had to do was survive.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:03 am

Yea 2 brilliant fights, a star is born and a star is broken (literally)

Lopez will earn a couple good paydays, soto will go to lightweight and will still be a real threat to fighters like burns

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:08 am

I dont care much for Ortiz really now. I think he just takes the easy way out. Hes lucky that hes hispanic american with a big following tha means he can get big fights. Mentally I just dont think hes all there.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:06 am

How about Mathysse Rios for a slugfest. Never seen Mathysse before but the lad can bang alright. Can box a bit too, him and Rios couldn't fail to be a good fight. If Khan wins his next fight, which I hope he does, then he would deserve a lot of respect if he took on Mathysse thereafter.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:16 am

That was really impressive stuff from Matthysse, I don't think anyone in the light-welterweight division will be able to go 12 rounds with him. I think Khan would get KOed by him...

That guy is a beast at 140 and he should be undefeated!!!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:24 am

I agree, and if those start saying how soto is a super-featherweight and matthysse won purely because was the bigger guy fighter,matthysse should have beat 2 big lightwelters in Judah and Alexander.

Matthysse vs Maidana
Alvarado vs Rios

Winners face off, that would be explosive and would be great value for money

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:37 am

Matthysse vs Maidana is the fight I want to see!

Out of that mini tournament, I think Matthysse wins the whole thing.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

Can't see how Canelo will massacre Ortiz. He may out point him but not be all over him like a rash. Its all good punching away at someone who doesn't or cant punch back. That has been the sum total of Canelo's career thus far. The one guy who punched back nearly had him out of there. And that was a fat lightweight.

Regardless of Ortiz' mental shortcomings, he will punch back and test the chin of the chinny ginger one.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2