The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthysse vs Soto This Weekend!

+5
Seanusarrilius
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
bellchees
paperbag_puncher
Valero's Conscience
9 posters

Go down

Matthysse vs Soto This Weekend! Empty Matthysse vs Soto This Weekend!

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 19 Jun - 8:51

Two good, solid fighters who come to fight and both criminally overlooked.

Matthysse could arguably still be unbeaten after his two losses to Judah and Alexander whilst Soto has an impressive record with just 7 losses in 67 fights.

Is anyone interested in this one? I'll certainly try and watch it.

I think Matthysse will be too much for Soto as he's a naturally bigger guy and packs a hurtful punch. Size and power will be the key factor as both don't rely on skill and therefore Matthysse holds the trump cards in this one.

A good tear up hopefully as the co-event for Victor Ortiz who is also always good to watch so should be a good night!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Matthysse vs Soto This Weekend! Empty Re: Matthysse vs Soto This Weekend!

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 19 Jun - 9:26

I like both guys and it should be a decent fight. I think you're being a bit harsh on Soto saying he doesn't rely on skill though. I find him to be very well rounded and a very competent boxer. Like yourself I think size and power will be the key factor. Mattheyse has fought the better quality up at 140 and will be too big for Soto. Even though hes quite durable I see him possibly being stopped late.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 19 Jun - 9:30

I haven't seen much of Soto which is a bit criminal really seeing as he is a 2 weight world champ, I'm not quite sure why it never quite happened for him fame wise. Seems to have gone the same way as some of the other talented but lesser known Mexican fighters like Montiel and Jhonny Gonzalez.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 19 Jun - 10:53

I loved this fight the minute it was announced. Soto is the more polished boxer but is strong enough and fit enough to get in a war. Matthysse deserves to be unbeaten imo, he beat Judah pretty handily IMO and alexander was also close but matthysse won the rounds clearer

Both will go to war with Lucas the aggressor. Soto went to war In a fight of the year vs antillon, who is a very big and strong lightweight. However, soto might just be feeling the effect of a long and hard career and while antillon is good, matthysse is a different beast. He will be bigger and stronger than soto and has a grante chin so I see a late TKO after a pretty even fight untill matthysse wears him down

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jun - 11:54

This is going to be great. Really looking forward to it! Think it will be very comeptative early, until Matthysse starts landing with some big shots. Really like Matthysse (Soto too) and as far bigger man at weight, I expect a KO in second half of fight. Matthysse Should be undefeated, at least in my eyes

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 19 Jun - 14:17

Hopefully if Matthysse wins this fight, he will actually get the 'W' this time!

Should be a great fight and I think that Matthysse will probably get the stoppage....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jun - 17:25

6/4 boyle sport for Mathhyse win
4/1 KO for Mathysse which i find tasty. Had a tenner on both

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jun - 20:27

This should be a good fight. I think Soto is a bit to open and Matthysse is a banger. Soto has a decent chin so I don't think he will get sparked out but I think Matthysse who is naturally a bigger man will just beat down Soto and force the stoppage after 8 or 9 rounds.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 20 Jun - 0:44

i feel for matthyesse, he should be undeafted with a win over zab and devon, which would be a great cv so far. if there was one more fighter i'd like to have seen khan fight its this guy, but the too decisions against him meant his name wasnt in the run in.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 20 Jun - 15:05

I would love to see Matthysse vs Maidana! What a fight that would be!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 20 Jun - 15:52

This win over Soto is pivotal to him getting the sort of recognition that will force fights with the likes of Khan. If he can;t get someone better he should take on Maidana next for name recognition.Then hopefully a title shot. He is a very good fight who should have a zero next to his name.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Jun - 16:06

BoxingFan88 wrote:I would love to see Matthysse vs Maidana! What a fight that would be!

Don't know why this hasn't happened before seeing as they are both Argentine.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 20 Jun - 16:51

They fought in the amateurs, Maidana won I think, it would be so easy to sell

Ge deserves to be around or even having that #1 spot at LWW. Wins over soto, Judah and Alexander would normally be enough to be #1

I think he would give khan fits as well. Matthysse might not be fast, but he's smarter and technically better than Maidana and if he can catch Alexander (someone Maidana couldn't get) and Judah cleanly than khan shouldn't be too hard to find. If he gets khan rocking like Maidana did I think he will pic Kia punches settle than Maidana did and perhaps force the stoppage

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 20 Jun - 17:45

But will Mathysse beat Soto?? I need to know this. WAR MATTHYSSE!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Jun - 18:43

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:They fought in the amateurs, Maidana won I think, it would be so easy to sell

Ge deserves to be around or even having that #1 spot at LWW. Wins over soto, Judah and Alexander would normally be enough to be #1

I think he would give khan fits as well. Matthysse might not be fast, but he's smarter and technically better than Maidana and if he can catch Alexander (someone Maidana couldn't get) and Judah cleanly than khan shouldn't be too hard to find. If he gets khan rocking like Maidana did I think he will pic Kia punches settle than Maidana did and perhaps force the stoppage

If he's slower that Maidana then I can't see him giving Khan any trouble.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 20 Jun - 21:24

azania wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:They fought in the amateurs, Maidana won I think, it would be so easy to sell

If he's slower that Maidana then I can't see him giving Khan any trouble.

If he is slower (which i dont think he is) it's only marginally an i wasnt comparing him too maidana, meerly stating how he's slow compared to the majority of fighters at the weight.he throws better straight punches which means he lands more than Maidana as Maidana throws looping shots that are easy to doge. Matthysse tagged alexander alot more than Maidana did and closed the ring off much better and knocked alexander down.

Khan has been caught on the ropes by both Maidana and Peterson with a lot of regularity, I can't see why matthysse couldn't do the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down