The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mattessye vs soto: spoiler alert

+2
azania
eddyfightfan
6 posters

Go down

mattessye vs soto: spoiler alert Empty mattessye vs soto: spoiler alert

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:18 pm

anyone see this fight? great win for matteysse, he said before the fight he wasnt going to let this go to the judges (not a bad idea after the alexander and judah fights) and he didnt. landed alot of solid punches at the end of round five and had soto out (he should have been counted out i thought), soto made it to the corner but his trainer made the right call and stopped the fight.

apparently this was a eliminator for a shot at the winner of khan/garcia although khan will probably go to 147 if he wins. still opens alot of doors for lucas, how should already be top of the division bar khan but for 2 terrible decisions.

a all action fight that was fought at a fast pace, matteysse landed a punch at the end of the second which seemed to land after the bell scoring a knockdown although this wasnt scored by the ref.

definetly look forward to this guys next fight and hope he gets the credit he deserves, future world champion in my eyes.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

mattessye vs soto: spoiler alert Empty Re: mattessye vs soto: spoiler alert

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:19 pm

I'd like to see him in with Maidana. That would be a fun fight. Surprised they haven't fought already seeing as they are both Argentinians.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:23 pm

that would be a peach. i imagine it would go alot like last nights fight even for the first 4-5 rounds then mattyesse coming through later on. if its a lightweight though (maidana best weight imo) i'd say maidana always has a chance at knocking his opponent out.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Maidana is a LWW. He's always fought at that weight as far as I know. Its only when he went up to WW that he was schooled by Alexander.

Maidana packs a dig and neither are particularly hard to hit. Their styles would compliment each other. Last man standing. He who lands first.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

yeah your right, my mistake. it was when he stepped up to WW i was thinking off.

still be an excellent fight. i alway wish maidana and katsidis would have got it on.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:01 pm

I said this in the other thread a round robin esque tournament between rios, matthysse, Maidana and alvarado would be brilliant, it will put bums on seats and will give fans epic slugfests between big aggressive guys

I rate matthysse very highly and should be unbeaten, I think he could beat khan. He is a more well rounded version of Maidana with the same power but better ring IQ

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

Have to feel sorry for Soto, got stuck in an impossible where he's a very good fighter with no real recognition chasing the bigger fights but unfortunately for him they are all against men too big for him, as soon as Marquez and Rios moved up he had no option to as well as.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Have to feel sorry for Soto, got stuck in an impossible where he's a very good fighter with no real recognition chasing the bigger fights but unfortunately for him they are all against men too big for him, as soon as Marquez and Rios moved up he had no option to as well as.

Yeah I was thinking that, he is clearly a much better fighter than Matthysse, but simply not big enough and doesn't hit hard enough to match up physically.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

He was never a huge super featherweight to begin with so jumping up to light welterweight was always going to be a step too far, he could do well against the less physical men at the weight but the big hitters like Matthyse or Maidana would simply walk through him.

About time that Lucas beat a fairly big name after losing a couple of contentious ones, thought he beat Alexander clearly but the Judah fight was a lot closer. Saw someone ask where Lopez goes after last night but Matthyse hasn't got that many options either, Bradley and Khan look to be leaving the division while have to imagine Marquez and Rios have bigger fish to fry. He either needs to move up or fight the likes of Garcia (assuming he loses) and Maidana.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:51 pm

Matthysse needs a belt. A belt will mean that those who may be slightly turned off from fighting him will step up. Soto is a good start in the "decent name on the resume" stakes, which is a joke, cos he beat Zab and Devon Alexander. But once he gets a belt, then the injustices should stop, especially when considering the eyes on the sport at the moment. War Mattysse!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down