The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll

+13
DirectView
milkyboy
KO-KING
jimdig
All Time Great
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Mad for Chelsea
AdamT
kingraf
Scottrf
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
17 posters

Go down

How Did You Score The Fight?

Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap9%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap9%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap14%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap18%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap5%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap32%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
[ 2 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap4%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap0%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_lcap0%Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Empty Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 10:01 am

There are other threads discussing the fight and Floyd's legacy so in this one the intention is that posters put up their round by round scorecards so we get a feel for how the board scored the fight.  There were some eyebrows raised by the 117-111 and 116-112 cards particularly by Paulie Malinaggi during the Showtime post fight pundits analysis but how did you see it?

Here is the judges score card.

http://www.ringpolska.pl/images/stories/575/5/karty.jpg

I have also put up a poll.

Last edited by Strongback on Mon 05 May 2014, 10:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Empty Re: Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 10:02 am

Round 1 Maidana 9/10
Round 2 Mayweather 19/19
Round 3 Maidana 28/29
Round 4 Maidana 37/39
Round 5 Maidana 46/49
Round 6 Draw 56/59
Round 7 Mayweather 66/68
Round 8 Maidana 75/78
Round 9 Mayweather 85/87
Round 10 Mayweather 95/96
Round 11 Maidana 104/106
Round 12 Mayweather 114/115

I had it to Maidana by a point, a draw would seem a fair result to me.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll Empty Re: Mayweather v Maidana: Your Round By Round Scorecards With Poll

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 05 May 2014, 10:50 am

Fancy you having Maidana winning..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 05 May 2014, 11:00 am

Had it a draw, and going from memory it broke down like this for me.

R1 Maidana (10-9)
R2 Maidana (20-18)
R3 Maidana (30-27)
R4 Maidana (40-36)
R5 Maidana (50-45)
R6 Mayweather (59-55)
R7 Mayweather (68-65)
R8 Maidana (78-74)
R9 Mayweather (87-84)
R10 Mayweather (96-94)
R11 Mayweather (105-104)
R12 Mayweather (114-114)
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 11:05 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fancy you having Maidana winning..

Put up you score card and we can compare different rounds. That's what the threads for. I also said a draw seemed the fairest result.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 11:07 am

88Chris05 wrote:Had it a draw, and going from memory it broke down like this for me.

R1 Maidana (10-9)
R2 Maidana (20-18)
R3 Maidana (30-27)
R4 Maidana (40-36)
R5 Maidana (50-45)
R6 Mayweather (59-55)
R7 Mayweather (68-65)
R8 Maidana (78-74)
R9 Mayweather (87-84)
R10 Mayweather (96-94)
R11 Mayweather (105-104)
R12 Mayweather (114-114)

Rounds 2, 6, 11 and 12 were closer rounds from my watching of the fight and these can swing the decision either way I feel.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 05 May 2014, 11:10 am

Agree. Too many close rounds for me to be disgusted with pretty large swings in scoring. Had it 115-113 but I would edge towards 116-112 quicker than I would a draw.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 05 May 2014, 11:12 am

In general, Strongy, I thought Floyd won his rounds a bit clearer than Maidana did. If you look at each man's whole body of work in the fight, Floyd's was probably superior. If I had to err towards one man on that basis, it would be Mayweather.

But as me and a shed load of others have already said, if you think someone won a round clearly or won it just about, they still only get the same score, 10-9. Floyd produced the classier work for the most part, but the nature of the ten point must system means that, for me, it was a very, very close fight. Don't think Maidana did quite enough to win it overall, but just about earned a share of the spoils in my eyes.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 05 May 2014, 11:14 am

Can't remember exactly how I scored it, but I had them evens after 10, Mayweather took it home, just about, in the final two. So 115-113
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 05 May 2014, 11:23 am

115-113 Floyd. Wouldn't argue with a draw though. A fight of 2 halves. maidana won first few rounds and Mayweather turned on the style down the stretch.

Does anybody think Floyd would benefit fighting 15 rounder's. He sometimes starts slow and he doesn't waste many punches. He looks as fresh on the 12th round as he does at the beginning. I think he would have more late stoppages on his record if be fought 15 founders like the old days.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 11:52 am

88Chris05 wrote:In general, Strongy, I thought Floyd won his rounds a bit clearer than Maidana did. If you look at each man's whole body of work in the fight, Floyd's was probably superior. If I had to err towards one man on that basis, it would be Mayweather.

But as me and a shed load of others have already said, if you think someone won a round clearly or won it just about, they still only get the same score, 10-9. Floyd produced the classier work for the most part, but the nature of the ten point must system means that, for me, it was a very, very close fight. Don't think Maidana did quite enough to win it overall, but just about earned a share of the spoils in my eyes.

I had 1,3,4,5 pretty clear for Maidana, he was the general in there and was landing more shots early on when he had Floyd pinned to the ropes, it wasn't all quality obviously but he was clearly dominant. That changed as the fight progressed. From round 6 on Floyd was the better fighter with Maidana only gaining a footing in the 8th and possibly nicking the 11th or twelfth. Sometimes a challenger gets more credit for a valiant effort but its also true a champion like Floyd gets plenty of merit when he turns on a bit of class. Floyd finished stronger but I don't see how the fight could be seen as anything other than very close by anybody.

Not that they ever really tell the story in a close fight but here's the Compubox Stats:

...............................Mayweather........................Maidana

Total Punches............230/426 (54%)....................221/858 (26%)

Jabs.........................54/152 (34%)......................36/318 (11%)

Power Punches...........178/274 (65%)...................185/540 (34%)

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 05 May 2014, 11:56 am

I had it 115-113 or 116-112 to Floyd. The second round I was unsure on (which means I probably should score it a draw, but given judges basically don't score draws I try not to), but thought overall Floyd definitely did enough to win. For me, a draw would have been credible if a little harsh on Mayweather. I do think there's sometimes a tendency when you have a huge underdog doing better than expected to overhype their work.

A few close rounds either way can make a sizeable difference to a scorecard. 117-111 to 114-114 is "only" a three-round swing after all...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 05 May 2014, 12:00 pm

I had it 115-113 for Mayweather, his shots where so much sharper and for the most part (especially the rounds he won clear) all his pwer shots forced Maidana back and had that real snapping sound.

For me Maidana was very dirty with the low blows etc which may have peed off the judges a little. Even when he had Floyd on the ropes it was very wreckless and uncoordinated. Most shots not really landing clean on Mayweathers face but more so bouncing off the top of his head. Mayweather in the rounds he lost just didn't seem the same as he normally does when he fights off the ropes. Look at when Ortiz had him there. He rolled and made Ortiz miss with nearly every punch. But here he just seemed a lot slower when rolling.

A rematch to me would be pointless. I think Maidana fought his heart out but he was pretty much figured out after 6 rounds and I can't see what a fighter of his type can do different. But I can certainly see many things Floyd can AND WORLD do different. Good fight but not the AMZING fight that the commentators on ShoTime were making out. Still enjoyed it, but rematch.....nah, not for me.

He only has 3 fights left and for me, Khan, Thurman, Pac, Lara, Garcia.....these are the names he should be looking at.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon 05 May 2014, 12:02 pm

It wasn't a close fight in my eyes, Mayweather did the cleaner work and wasn't really in any trouble except for the cut (caused by a clash of heads).

I gave it 116 - 112 Floyd, and I definitely would not want to see the fight again. Found it quite tedious to watch with the amount of holding from Floyd and the aimless wild swinging from Maidana. Ugly fight.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 12:13 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I had it 115-113 for Mayweather, his shots where so much sharper and for the most part (especially the rounds he won clear) all his pwer shots forced Maidana back and had that real snapping sound.

For me Maidana was very dirty with the low blows etc which may have peed off the judges a little. Even when he had Floyd on the ropes it was very wreckless and uncoordinated. Most shots not really landing clean on Mayweathers face but more so bouncing off the top of his head. Mayweather in the rounds he lost just didn't seem the same as he normally does when he fights off the ropes. Look at when Ortiz had him there. He rolled and made Ortiz miss with nearly every punch. But here he just seemed a lot slower when rolling.

A rematch to me would be pointless. I think Maidana fought his heart out but he was pretty much figured out after 6 rounds and I can't see what a fighter of his type can do different. But I can certainly see many things Floyd can AND WORLD do different. Good fight but not the AMZING fight that the commentators on ShoTime were making out. Still enjoyed it, but rematch.....nah, not for me.

He only has 3 fights left and for me, Khan, Thurman, Pac, Lara, Garcia.....these are the names he should be looking at.

I think Mayweather got hit on top of the head a lot as he was ducking his head and throwing his forearm out trying to defend against the attack. Floyd also did an incredible amount of spoiling and grappling in the early rounds.  I saw it that Mayweather could not do his usual moves on the ropes because Maidana smothered him and threw a serious amount of power shots, of course all these did not land.  Without space to move it is a game of strength and close range firepower, Maidana just strangled Floyd until his pace dropped.

I agree that Maidana would be unlikely to win a rematch and if Mayweather only has three fights left I'd like to see how some of the other challengers might do.  I don't think anybody thinks Maidana is a top welter never-mind in Floyd's class.

Anyway people don't be shy about putting your round by round scorecards up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 12:18 pm

All Time Great wrote:It wasn't a close fight in my eyes, Mayweather did the cleaner work and wasn't really in any trouble except for the cut (caused by a clash of heads).

I gave it 116 - 112 Floyd, and I definitely would not want to see the fight again. Found it quite tedious to watch with the amount of holding from Floyd and the aimless wild swinging from Maidana. Ugly fight.

Could you break down your 116-112 card?

Helps me understand where your score differs from mine.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 05 May 2014, 12:29 pm

I seen it different to alot of others too:
first 5 rounds to maidana, next 5 floyd, 11th maidana, 12 floyd, 114 - 114.
The 12th I could have given either way, so could easily see a 1 round win either way.

I'd accept that watching it live I might have been too generous to maidana, given the absolute shock of his first round domination.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 05 May 2014, 12:33 pm

Strongback wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I had it 115-113 for Mayweather, his shots where so much sharper and for the most part (especially the rounds he won clear) all his pwer shots forced Maidana back and had that real snapping sound.

I think Mayweather got hit on top of the head a lot as he was ducking his head and throwing his forearm out trying to defend against the attack. Floyd also did an incredible amount of spoiling and grappling in the early rounds.  I saw it that Mayweather could not do his usual moves on the ropes because Maidana smothered him and threw a serious amount of power shots, of course all these did not land.  Without space to move it is a game of strength and close range firepower, Maidana just strangled Floyd until his pace dropped.

I agree that Maidana would be unlikely to win a rematch and if Mayweather only has three fights left I'd like to see how some of the other challengers might do.  I don't think anybody thinks Maidana is a top welter never-mind in Floyd's class.

Anyway people don't be shy about putting your round by round scorecards up.

Mine is at home. Im doing a review for the Journal later so you will get my view.

I thought there was def a sign of a fourth person in the ring during the fight.....old father time was lurking. Lets be real, Maidana was made for Floyd and when you look at how Floyd dealt with an unbeaten Hatton who had also moved up to Welter and had a similar relentless style (hindsight is great for the "oh Hatton wasn't that good" crowd) but Floyd def seemed off in a big way. He did look good but not as good as we are accustomed to seeing
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 05 May 2014, 12:36 pm

Just to maybe draw comparisons between this and what we end up with here, I see that BN24 have done a poll on the fight - 454 votes cast so far, so enough for it to be a decent representation, I reckon.

234 (51.54%) scored it to Mayweather, 159 (35.02%) had it for Maidana with 61 of them (13.44%) having it a draw.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 05 May 2014, 12:37 pm

yeah sorry, forgot to put my scorecard up, it's pretty simple really:

1 Maidana
2 undecided, call it a draw then
3-5 Maidana
6-12 Floyd

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 12:47 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:yeah sorry, forgot to put my scorecard up, it's pretty simple really:

1 Maidana
3-5 Maidana
6-12 Floyd

I thought Round 8 was a good one for Maidana.

Wouldn't argue with the rest. 11 and 12 were hard to score.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 12:50 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Just to maybe draw comparisons between this and what we end up with here, I see that BN24 have done a poll on the fight - 454 votes cast so far, so enough for it to be a decent representation, I reckon.

234 (51.54%) scored it to Mayweather, 159 (35.02%) had it for Maidana with 61 of them (13.44%) having it a draw.

Looks like a genuine enough poll. Normally when Floyd or Manny are involved in polls the Flomos and Pactards ruin them.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 05 May 2014, 12:58 pm

Strongback wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:yeah sorry, forgot to put my scorecard up, it's pretty simple really:

1 Maidana
3-5 Maidana
6-12 Floyd

Wouldn't argue with the rest.  11 and 12 were hard to score.

thought 8 and 11 were the toughest to score after 2 for me, thought 12 was Mayweather's fairly clearly, landed the better stuff. May have been influenced on 8 by the way the fight was going at that time (i.e. Floyd having a good spell), but TBH not sure I can be bothered watching it again anyway. The great thing about this one was Maidana doing so much better than anyone expected and making it really competitive, but in itself I didn't feel it was that good a fight.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 1:08 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
Strongback wrote:

1 Maidana
3-5 Maidana
6-12 Floyd

Wouldn't argue with the rest.  11 and 12 were hard to score.

thought 8 and 11 were the toughest to score after 2 for me, thought 12 was Mayweather's fairly clearly, landed the better stuff. May have been influenced on 8 by the way the fight was going at that time (i.e. Floyd having a good spell), but TBH not sure I can be bothered watching it again anyway. The great thing about this one was Maidana doing so much better than anyone expected and making it really competitive, but in itself I didn't feel it was that good a fight.

I agree the quality on display wasn't great for a Mayweather fight but I still enjoyed that Floyd was having to deal with a really fearless unorthodox puncher who had no respect for Mayweather the great champion. I've watched some of Floyd's fights in the past that were less interesting than paint drying. It's good to see him in a competitive fight.

Thanks for posting up your card.  thumbsup 

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Mon 05 May 2014, 1:24 pm

I put Draw, but I can see 115-113 for either fighter

Maidana won 4 out of the first 5, won Round 8 = 5 rounds

11 and 12 were close, if you give both to floyd = 115-113, both to chino = 115-113 chino, one each - 114-114 Draw

Boxnation commentary was so much in favour of floyd

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 05 May 2014, 1:37 pm

I saw it pretty much as mad for Chelsea. 2, 8 and 11 were probably the 'swing' rounds. Score them all to floyd he wins comfortably. Give them all to maidana he wins.

Fm mm
9 10
10 9
9 10
9 10
9 10
10-9
10-9
10-10
10-9
10-9
10-9
10-9

116-113

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 05 May 2014, 1:57 pm

Does anybody actually expect Floyd to look better in the rematch? I mean, I genuinely don't know. Not a case of me thinking, Maidana has Floyd's number, more a matter of me thinking father time has finally arrived.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 05 May 2014, 2:06 pm

milkyboy wrote:I saw it pretty much as mad for Chelsea. 2, 8 and 11 were probably the 'swing' rounds. Score them all to floyd he wins comfortably. Give them all to maidana he wins.

Fm mm
9 10
10 9
9 10
9 10
9 10
10-9
10-9
10-10
10-9
10-9
10-9
10-9

116-113

Both fighters took a breather in Round 6. Nothing much happened. Round 8 was Maidana's for me. 11 and 12 swing the fight imo, very difficult to score I had it one each.  It's very fine margins.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 05 May 2014, 2:13 pm

can't remember which one, but one of rounds 3-5 i didnt think was close and not cast iron maidana, given i appear to be in the minority on that maybe i was swayed by the commentary!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 05 May 2014, 2:15 pm

Looking at the judges scorecards, on the two that gave it to Floyd, they both had Floyd winning 5 of the first seven rounds. I'm not sure if I've seen anyone with a card even similar to that for the first half of the fight
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView Mon 05 May 2014, 2:24 pm

kingraf wrote:Looking at the judges scorecards, on the two that gave it to Floyd, they both had Floyd winning 5 of the first seven rounds. I'm not sure if I've seen anyone with a card even similar to that for the first half of the fight

Floyd winning the bout was acceptable but him winning the first 4/5 rounds is utter crazy and rubbish, Maidana was clearly the better fighter in the early round but Floyd dominated in the later rounds but even 11th round should be a tie or Maidana's round, I would say 116-114 or 116-113 would have been a fair decision.

One thing for sure Maidana gave huge scare for floyd's legacy and now Floyd's retirement might be on sooner or later, I don't think so he would like to take on any more young boxers.

DirectView

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 05 May 2014, 3:26 pm

I had it 116-113 to Mayweather, Bobby Hunter who collects the media scored for Boxing News had 92 out of 112 agreeing that Mayweather won.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/18-per-cent-of-boxing-media-disagree-with-floyd-mayweather-getting-the-decision-over-marcos-maidana

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 05 May 2014, 3:28 pm

I had it 115-114 Maidana , however i accept could easily be swayed the other way.
Gave rounds 1,4,5,8,11,12 to Maidana, the 3rd even and the others to Floyd. The referee played a big part in the fight , Mayweather never received one warning for holding which was frustrating.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 05 May 2014, 4:11 pm

I thought Mayweather just about nicked it. Ring Magazine scored it 118-110 for Mayweather. LOL.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 05 May 2014, 4:14 pm

Well that settles that. The bible has spoken
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Mon 05 May 2014, 4:42 pm

catchweight wrote:I thought Mayweather just about nicked it. Ring Magazine scored it 118-110 for Mayweather. LOL.

They had Pac vs Bradley 2 a draw

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 05 May 2014, 10:38 pm

I have watched it twice and not changed my original opinion it was a draw, I cant help but think many of those rounds would have been scored for Maidana if he had been fighting anyone else. The judges scored some of them rounds for Floyd when his output was close to zero, but he has a knack of looking good doing very little. To be fair to Mayweather though he was put under immense pressure in the fight and never wilted and for a man of 37 no matter how good he is that is worthy of respect.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 05 May 2014, 11:06 pm

Mayweather has built up such a reputation of a defensive fighter that it's possible that 2 of the judges assumed he was blocking maidana when they went to the ropes.
But he was getting hit clean, his toughness is impressive, he was giving away 20lbs to a fearsome puncher, getting nailed from all angles.

Mallinaggi as a pundit is the guy to watch. In the prefight he talked up Maidana very efficient orthodox jab, which sets up completely unorthodox angled powers shots. He said the this completely unusual combination could trouble mayweather because no one has a style like that.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down