The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

+28
MajorRoadWorks
Mickado
offload
fa0019
Biltong
Sgt_Pooly
Notch
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
manofgwent
Looseheaded
Cardiff Taffy
Cymroglan
Knowsit17
yappysnap
Morgannwg
gowales
dogtooth
Red Right
kingjohn7
George Carlin
SecretFly
freeman lowell
eirebilly
kiakahaaotearoa
thebluesmancometh
mpc28
Shifty
Weybridge Welsh
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss Empty Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

Post by Weybridge Welsh Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:56 am

Following his latest comments, the Leicester Lip as he is affectionately known has yet again come in for mild criticism from some of the more vocal but well meaning Welsh supporters. It is time to lay off the poor lad. Discuss

Last edited by Weybridge Welsh on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss Empty Re: Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

Post by Shifty Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 am

Na he's a prat, he opened his mouth and he's been proven wrong.

The guy runs his mouth off all the time and only harms himself really.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss Empty Re: Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

Post by mpc28 Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:03 am

The guy just loves the limelight and knows that saying stuff like "ive had sh1ts with more talent than Leigh Halfpenney" is going to cause a reaction and give him the attention he craves.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:04 am

What did he say? I've missed it.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:What did he say? I've missed it.

Austin Healey ‏ @IamAustinHealey = Should of been red for halfpenny Italy playing well enough

Rhys Llewelyn ‏ @IamAustinHealey = shut up he's twice the player u were!!!!

Austin Healey ‏ @rhysllewelyn = shut up I've had shíts with more talent

Rhys Llewelyn ‏@IamAustinHealey = think your showing signs of a very depressed Englishman

Austin Healey ‏ Wow passionate responses from a lot of knuckle scrapers wifi at the coal face whatever next

Owain Evans ‏@IamAustinHealey = where does your racist attitudes towards everything welsh come from? No reason for it, why don't you comment on rugby fairly rather than trying to antagonise the welsh? #growup

Rebecca Evans ‏@OwainEvans39 Just a sad, bitter has-been whose opinion actually counts for nothing anymore #sadbuttrue

Austin Healey ‏ @rebeccaevans_1 am I bovered, are you catherine Tate
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:29 am

You can get away with comments like his when you´re David Campese and a legend of the game. But when you weren´t really any good as a player and open up your gob for the sake of attracting attention to yourself, then you deserve any criticism you get.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:48 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:You can get away with comments like his when you´re David Campese and a legend of the game. But when you weren´t really any good as a player and open up your gob for the sake of attracting attention to yourself, then you deserve any criticism you get.

Laugh Thats actually bang on OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 am

Healy is only being half serious, Martin Johnson himself said Healy is full of shít.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by freeman lowell Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

http://www.austinhealeynorthwales.co.uk/AHCNorthWales/index.html

how can any one say he hates wales.... angel

freeman lowell

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 am

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

He is definatley AWCA3F's or HERSH!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:42 am

Maybe you could all try to avoid tweets?

Twitter - Bebo for adults, or those who pretend to be.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 am

Quite strong talk from a man who wears scarves as effete as Austin.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:32 am

ive always liked Healey-not that i know him, but he looked like he be a laugh on those lions videos. imagine he just joking on twitter but comes across as a bit of a wnkr

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Right Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Ha, I always find Healey entertaining. He puts his opinion out there and given his cheeky demeanour it will always get a reaction for those who are happy to be wound up!!
There would be know WUMers if there were no people to take the bait!!
In this case, Healey is Healey and I doubt he's worried about this.

Red Right

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:16 pm

freeman lowell wrote:http://www.austinhealeynorthwales.co.uk/AHCNorthWales/index.html

how can any one say he hates wales.... angel

Very Happy
thumbsup
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Hes just trolling and some dummies are taking the bait.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:10 pm

I think he's going to some abuse soon from my mate at #frantrol.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:24 pm

He just loves a winde up that's all, why follow him if you're going to get so up tight about it?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Another victory in Austin Healey's quest to annoy an entire nation Wink Just ignore him guys. You're giving the little blighter just what he wants!

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 pm

A living, breathing, walking WUM is what I'd call Austin Healey. Pity the real world doesn't have mods.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:A living, breathing, walking WUM is what I'd call Austin Healey. Pity the real world doesn't have mods.

Real world does but normally if you open your mouth to often you end up with a rearranged nose Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:00 pm

I find it hard to be offended by anything that clown says. He's such a cliche it barely registers when he speaks.

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:05 pm

"Just seen the croft try again bloody brilliant defo best 6 in world now"
What a fool. Also, I can get talking Poopie and all that, but to say a young player is talentless and then to compare him to poop is just horrifically disrespectful and arrogant. Absolute Kumquat.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:A living, breathing, walking WUM is what I'd call Austin Healey. Pity the real world doesn't have mods.

The real world DID have Mods. They caused a war that took the world six years and millions of lives to end. We can do without the Real World Mods.

Lord, I get scared by how so easy some of you talk about dictatorship.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 pm

SecretFly wrote:

The real world DID have Mods. They caused a war that took the world six years and millions of lives to end. We can do without the Real World Mods.

Really ? There was a crowd of them on their scooters in Betws Y Coed today

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Looseheaded. You're right. Have a go at the side or the nation, but don't pick out individuals. Especially somebody as classy as Leigh Halfpenny. It's not necessary and makes Healey look dumb.
Healey may want to build his profile and add more followers by being outspoken, but there are so many vile people on Twitter that I think he's being very poorly advised if he thinks this is the way to go about things. If he isn't careful, this will affect his media career, especially for respectable organisations.
Also everything he seems to predict is way off the mark. Quite funny really!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 pm

SecretFly wrote:

Shocked

Should have reviewed how that looked before posting in retrospect!

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:30 pm

It is his sense of humour but he has blown any chance of getting a job back with the bbc doing stuff like this, which is a shame as I really rate him as a pundit.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Lay off him? Laugh Laugh

The guy is loving every comment thrown at him. We talk about WUMs on here, but Austin Healy is the biggest WUM on the internet- and the Welsh fans seem to rise to his bait every single time! He's the one laughing here, the haters are being played like banjos...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 pm

That stuff about Halfpenny doesn't come across as good wumming Notch, and the rest is just childish drivel that makes Austin look silly. To be honest I can't tell when he is on a wind up or being serious.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Morgannwg wrote:That stuff about Halfpenny doesn't come across as good wumming Notch, and the rest is just childish drivel that makes Austin look silly. To be honest I can't tell when he is on a wind up or being serious.

Does it matter? Does it matter whether he's winding up or being serious? Do you value his opinion? Do you think his opinion might colour the opinions of others?

If he waffled on Twitter that's his right. You don't have to like it, rate it or read it. Just ignore it if it upsets.

The truth is that so many people pretend to be upset by the taunts and missiles heading their way but no, they actually go seeking it out. "Let's see what Healy is saying about us" It's fun to be annoyed and angry at slights - it gives you the ammunition to throw a few back.

Ban Healy from the airwaves for waffling. Yeah, it's a mad world.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 am

Actually Fly, Morg is only on FB, not Twitter. I only read what Healey says when it is posted on here. And he does come across as a top notch waffler. Comments like that about current players may get him into trouble.

Oh and apparently he had written us off before champioship kicked off, so the egg is on his face and not mine. Yazzur? Very Happy
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah, he's being a tw@t to get attention and the amusement of the typical Welsh overreaction to such things! Why you'd want to dignify it with a reaction is beyond me.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:04 am

Just like all the wums of this world all Healey is doing is highlighting his own insecurities.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:05 am

His online 'joust' with Rhys Llewelyn seemed entertaining though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:14 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:You can get away with comments like his when you´re David Campese and a legend of the game. But when you weren´t really any good as a player and open up your gob for the sake of attracting attention to yourself, then you deserve any criticism you get.

As much as AH talks absolute garbage(for total effect I might add, I doubt he believes half of it), he was an excellent player.

You'll be hard pushed to find a player who could slot in at 9/10/11/14/15 at International level and still impress in these positions.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:18 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
You'll be hard pushed to find a player who could slot in at 9/10/11/14/15 at International level and still impress in these positions.

You'd be hard pushed to find a player who could slot in at 9/10/11/14/15 at International level period. You usually call those players Utility players - or players who can't hold onto one position.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 am

Well there's no denying Healey was a top class player. Still, wish he was still playing so Stevie Ferris could do to him what he did to Genia Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:08 am

Well being a jack of all trades isn't a sign of being an excellent player. If anything it´s a sign of not being able to hold down one position in your own right. I´m sorry I never rated the guy. You look at a player like Nonu who also had the utility tag. I didn't rate him at wing or at outside centre but he can play all those positions. But now he is holding down inside centre because he is proving very useful in that position. Austin Healey couldn't hold anything down probably because he was too busy holding onto his oversized ego all the time.

Somebody mentioned on the Lions video how he seems a real laugh. But I remember his comments about the rubbish forwards for Australia inspired them to a forwards performance in the last match that won them the game and the series. They should´ve parachuted him into the outback for that on the way home.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:12 am

eirebilly wrote:

Laugh Thats actually bang on OK

I actually disagree with that. no person should get away with it, least of all someone deemed to have been one of the best.

Disrespect is disrespect, and xenophobia is xenophobia, no matter who you are.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 am

I cant help but wonder if Healey is a member on here and is laughing his bollix off at the attention he is getting.

I can honestly say that i did find him a very good player back in the day as well.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 am

kiakahaaotearoa

I hardly think Nonu can be classified as a utility player.. being a wing who can play centre should not be classified as being a utility player.

Healey played 9, 10, both wings and centre for his country.

He was a utility player in the respect that he was primarily a winger who ENG relied on when they had injuries and no one better to start/fill in.

Personally I always thought he had more skill then most players of his generation and whilst he had/has a big mouth he often backed it up with top performances. Only injury robbed him of a RWC winners medal (albeit probably not a starting berth).

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:09 am

The answer with Healey and people like him is not to take him too seriously (easier said than done). Without a reaction he has no purpose. I have noticed that his comments have become more bitter and xenophobic, a sure sign that he has no substance. It's a pity that through social media he gets a platform.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:50 am

I really wish there was a camera in the room the day Brian O’Driscoll stepped into the boxing ring with Healey. Any account I’ve read has it that O’Driscoll slapped the head off him.

A mouth piece if ever there was one.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorRoadWorks Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 am

For comments like this, he should never be allowed on the TV (esp BBC) again. They are nothng more than insulting and racist.

Cant remember the name of the football anchor man and Andy Grey, but if they get sacked for off camera comments on women refs, why should a BBC pundit get away with platant racist comments make PUBLIC on Twitter.

I just wish I could TW@T him for them...

MajorRoadWorks

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 am

biltongbek wrote:
I actually disagree with that. no person should get away with it, least of all someone deemed to have been one of the best.

Disrespect is disrespect, and xenophobia is xenophobia, no matter who you are.

How do we stop them "getting away with it"? This keeps cropping up. How to stop someone saying something I don't want to hear. Commit them to a padded cell, put a Hannibal Lector mask on them.... bury them in a deep hole in Patagonia?

Healy will say what he wants to say. He's not going to be going to any Correct Thought and Deed finishing school.
He's waffling and stirring it. Some like it, some don't; but it's not a crime - neither should it be.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am

I like Austin Healey.

Provides genuine entertainment which enhance my viewing experience, unlike the walking dead on the BBC.

Also knows far more about the game than any of the Beebs pundits as well

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am

well perhaps not a crime, but often people are enabled by those adding importance to their waffle.

Best is to ignore it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:22 am

biltongbek wrote:well perhaps not a crime, but often people are enabled by those adding importance to their waffle.

Best is to ignore it.

Exactly... If you don't like it/him, ignore it/him. Or the alternative, ridicule it/him.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 am

MajorRoadWorks wrote:For comments like this, he should never be allowed on the TV (esp BBC) again. They are nothng more than insulting and racist.

Cant remember the name of the football anchor man and Andy Grey, but if they get sacked for off camera comments on women refs, why should a BBC pundit get away with platant racist comments make PUBLIC on Twitter.

I just wish I could TW@T him for them...

You need to get a dictionary and understand what the meaning of Racism is - talk about an over reaction Rolling Eyes

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next