The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

+28
MajorRoadWorks
Mickado
offload
fa0019
Biltong
Sgt_Pooly
Notch
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
manofgwent
Looseheaded
Cardiff Taffy
Cymroglan
Knowsit17
yappysnap
Morgannwg
gowales
dogtooth
Red Right
kingjohn7
George Carlin
SecretFly
freeman lowell
eirebilly
kiakahaaotearoa
thebluesmancometh
mpc28
Shifty
Weybridge Welsh
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss - Page 2 Empty Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

Post by Weybridge Welsh Sun 11 Mar 2012, 8:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Following his latest comments, the Leicester Lip as he is affectionately known has yet again come in for mild criticism from some of the more vocal but well meaning Welsh supporters. It is time to lay off the poor lad. Discuss

Last edited by Weybridge Welsh on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss - Page 2 Empty Re: Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

Post by MajorRoadWorks Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:37 am

geoff998rugby wrote:
MajorRoadWorks wrote:For comments like this, he should never be allowed on the TV (esp BBC) again. They are nothng more than insulting and racist.

Cant remember the name of the football anchor man and Andy Grey, but if they get sacked for off camera comments on women refs, why should a BBC pundit get away with platant racist comments make PUBLIC on Twitter.

I just wish I could TW@T him for them...

You need to get a dictionary and understand what the meaning of Racism is - talk about an over reaction Rolling Eyes

So what would you say a comment like this is then

Austin Healey ‏ "Wow passionate responses from a lot of knuckle scrapers wifi at the coal face whatever next"

Apologise in advance for this, as I'm trying to use it as an example, and not my thoughts or opinion...

Imagine it was said to a black man/woman, changing "coal face" for "jungle" as both are just stereotypical environments for the target audience.

How would you classify that, just an opinion, an insult or a racists comment. I know how the law would see it, so why should he be allowed to aim such an insult towards us Welsh, without it being seen as the racists comment it was intended to be.

The man is nothing more than a bigoted sad individual. He makes his living as a Rugby Pundit. If he cant be open minded and fair then he should not hold such a position.

Said my piece, not going to give any more credit to the obnoxious prat that he is....

MajorRoadWorks

Back to top Go down

Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss - Page 2 Empty Re: Austin Healey unfairly treated - discuss

Post by nobbled Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:41 am

[/quote]

The man is nothing more than a bigoted sad individual. He makes his living as a Rugby Pundit. If he cant be open minded and fair then he should not hold such a position.

[/quote]

That's Jiffy sacked then!! Yahoo
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

Brian Moore was having an impressive argument with someone on Twitter on Saturday too - I gather (couldn't be bothered looking into the detail) someone posted a few swear word at BM, BM called him on it, then the guy had a real serve, to which BM replied he hoped the guy never had kids, for the good of the species Laugh

BM was quite proud of his 10 yo daughter on Sat - she'd been cautioned for excessively hard tackling ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:48 am

geoff998rugby wrote:
MajorRoadWorks wrote:For comments like this, he should never be allowed on the TV (esp BBC) again. They are nothng more than insulting and racist.

Cant remember the name of the football anchor man and Andy Grey, but if they get sacked for off camera comments on women refs, why should a BBC pundit get away with platant racist comments make PUBLIC on Twitter.

I just wish I could TW@T him for them...

You need to get a dictionary and understand what the meaning of Racism is - talk about an over reaction Rolling Eyes
Racism isn't the correct word granted, bbut he's still insulting and stereotyping a large group of people negatively. The oonly thing is Welsh isn't a race.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

Looks like some fans are looking for comments that aren't blowing sunshine up there teams arse, then clam the person knows nothing is wrong and a racist, as we all know no one in that nation would ever ever ever post comments that are defamatory in nature to another set of fans, do we?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:00 pm

In the case of Twitter, getting angry about comments made by someone you'vechosen to follow is a bit daft IMO. Or slightly masochistic.

And having seen some of Healey's exchanges, normally it's a case of him making a slightly jingoistic pro England comment, then someone Welsh posting a chippy response, then Healy reacting in turn.

I'm about to stop following Danny Cipriani and Quade Cooper (Cipriani joined Twitter on Friday) purely because the sheer volume of comments they exchange clogs up my feed.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm

Have they announced a wedding date yet Kiwi?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:05 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Have they announced a wedding date yet Kiwi?

Laugh

Pass, I've gotten bored and stopped reading them.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:I'm about to stop following Danny Cipriani and Quade Cooper (Cipriani joined Twitter on Friday) purely because the sheer volume of comments they exchange clogs up my feed.

I take it they aren't discussing tackling/defence techniques......

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

Probably driving technique

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2