The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robinson still hopeful on Shingler

+4
bedfordwelsh
doctornickolas
Cymroglan
Shifty
8 posters

Go down

Robinson still hopeful on Shingler Empty Robinson still hopeful on Shingler

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 12:20 pm

I want some of what Andy Robinson is on! the guy just doesn't know when he has been beat. The IRB ruling is final and Shingler can only ever play for Wales,end of set in stone.
But Robinson tells the BBC that he is still hopeful that Shingler will be playing for Scotland soon!the delusion overwhelms me.

Gatland should cap Shingler for the last two minutes of the Wales v Scotland game next six nations then cast him aside for the little turn coat he is.
Robinson would be smashing the chairs through the window of his box at Murrayfield when Shingler comes jogging on for Wales Laugh i would get him to take a penalty if one was available.

Back to top Go down

Robinson still hopeful on Shingler Empty Re: Robinson still hopeful on Shingler

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

I think he has a future for Wales if he his far and away the best available in his position, the only reason they wont cap him is if he refuses to play for Wales.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:00 pm

viewtothegym wrote:The IRB ruling is final and Shingler can only ever play for Wales,end of set in stone.

No it isn't Wales will might lose this battle, because the panel also recommended that the IRB dis-allow the U20's teams to be A teams, if this is the case they may well decide that Shingler is not Welsh.

Wales have probably already lost the right to have the U20's as their second team, it's just a question of whether the ruling will be back dated, or start fresh.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

It wont be backdated or it will open a can of worms.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

If they backdate it then surely that opens a whole can of worms.

I can't see then doing that as they would be open to all sort of legal challenges, I would think.

I don't see how they can accept the U20's as a second team for years, for Wales and other teams, and then change their minds retrospectively as it suits them.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:23 pm

I honestly cant see why the WRU stood in his way, he is way down the pecking order to get a Welsh slot and whilst he plying his trade in England then thats not going to improve.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:The IRB ruling is final and Shingler can only ever play for Wales,end of set in stone.

No it isn't Wales will might lose this battle, because the panel also recommended that the IRB dis-allow the U20's teams to be A teams, if this is the case they may well decide that Shingler is not Welsh.

Wales have probably already lost the right to have the U20's as their second team, it's just a question of whether the ruling will be back dated, or start fresh.

No, the ruling should not be backdated. It would make even more of a mockery of the IRB. Yes this rule needs a review and it will get that in May. They can't go back on this decision.

I think after yesterdays game, it is definitely time for Andy to go. Scotland have lost 8 games on the bounce and he is still trying to poach players from other nations despite it being overuled. The guy's a fool.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

But Robinson tells the BBC that he is still hopeful that Shingler will be playing for Scotland soon!the delusion overwhelms me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17302767

"However, the panel also pointed out that the full IRB council has the right to overturn the decision and recommended that the issue of players being tied to countries while playing at Under-20 level should be reviewed."

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:54 pm

AlynDavies wrote:

Well said! I am getting sick of certain people blaming Scotland. Its not like a few boys from the SRU, AR and Townsend have driven down to Wales, drugged Shingler and chucked him in the boot of their car. Why are people making this so personal?? Shingler is a big boy and if he is really set on playing for Scotland then I am glad AR is showing his continued support for him. Personally I think it would be unfair on Shingler for AR do anything else.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:I honestly cant see why the WRU stood in his way, he is way down the pecking order to get a Welsh slot and whilst he plying his trade in England then thats not going to improve.
Bedford how have the WRU stood in his way?IRB make the Laws and ALL countries must comply with them.What have Wales done wrong??I just do not get it.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:04 pm

bsando
The SRU should have checked with the IRB first to see if he was eligible to play for them before they went public.
If Robinson had the players welfare at heart then thats exactly what he should have done but what he did was try and force the issue and he knew what he was doing by creating unwanted publicity for Shingler.
Nobody should feel sorry for Shingler he is still eligible to play for the country of his birth and could well do that sooner than we think.
It does not matter how far down the pecking order Shingler is Wales were not in a position to simply let him go or we would be breaking the rules if we did.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:59 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:I honestly cant see why the WRU stood in his way, he is way down the pecking order to get a Welsh slot and whilst he plying his trade in England then thats not going to improve.
Bedford how have the WRU stood in his way?IRB make the Laws and ALL countries must comply with them.What have Wales done wrong??I just do not get it.

Well done for showing some perspective again, Taff.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down