The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden for Noobs

+2
BamBam
silverfox
6 posters

Go down

Madden for Noobs Empty Madden for Noobs

Post by silverfox Mon 12 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

Hi guys,

I have been considering buying Madden on PS3, I am a fan of the sport but by no means a die-hard expert. I watch the games with no real allegiance to any team and know enough about the sport to enjoy it, but some of the technical and strategic stuff is currently beyond me.

I read somewhere that Madden 12 is not particularly novice friendly. Should I go for it or is there an earlier version that caters more to my needs?

silverfox

Back to top Go down

Madden for Noobs Empty Re: Madden for Noobs

Post by BamBam Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

I would say take the plunge. I was a casual fan until I bought Madden 09, and the game really helped me understand some of the more obscure rules. Also helped to work out what some of the plays were, such as defensive coverages etc. You might find yourself getting more into the NFL in general if you start to play Madden, and any questions you have there are a few guys on here who play regularly (far more than me) and will probably be happy to help.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

Considering that you can use the semi-automatic play selection option until you are comfortable with your own play calling/teams play list, its not too hard on beginners. Pity you're on PS3, else you could have joined our Xbox franchise. Wink

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

The lower difficulties aren't too terrible, and I wasn't much of a Madden player before this year, and it eased me in quite nicely. I say go for it, it's a great game, and I'm still playing it now!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:36 pm

yh go for it,
u will learn a lot about teh sport and u will probably find your team by playing it.
id start on the easier difficultys and move up,
dont play online till u can aleast play all-pro difficulty or who may be destroyed.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Bradford_8 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

go for it dude. you can play about on practice mode, then rookie difficulty will ease you in nicely....its great craic!

Sam_Bradford_8

Back to top Go down

Post by silverfox Wed 14 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

Thanks for the recommendations guys I'll give it a go OK

silverfox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down