The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland's new defense coach

3 posters

Go down

Scotland's new defense coach Empty Scotland's new defense coach

Post by bsando Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

Just read this on the BBC, Matt Taylor will replace Graham Steadman at start of next season. I think this is fantastic news, although some are not happy (read article below bbc link). I think his talent far out weighs any negative arguments, but that is just my opinion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17347117

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/rugby/scottish_rugby_appointment_of_australian_matt_taylor_is_a_slap_in_the_face_for_scots_coaches_1_2153435

bsando

Back to top Go down

Scotland's new defense coach Empty Re: Scotland's new defense coach

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:08 pm

Bsando, think we knew about this last week and there were some comments on one of the Robinson articles. He's a good coach by all accounts but the communication of Steadman's departure seems to have coincided with an implosion in Scotland's defence. No idea why it was announced at ths point in the season

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:24 pm

Agreed ASBO. Basically like telling a player at half time he's going to get sacked at the end match. Pointless and stupid. Amateur organisation the SRU - one step forwards two back.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys if the new defence coach was a fully subscribed member of Al Quaeda, if he's the best man for the job, based on his record and experience, then we have the right man. Whether he's Scottish or not is entirely irrelevant to me.

The appointment of Townsend is of course an obviousl case in appoint. He may be Scottish, but his appointment is entirely without merit.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:41 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:The appointment of Townsend is of course an obviousl case in appoint. He may be Scottish, but his appointment is entirely without merit.

Laugh clap That made me laugh, very true!

ah right my bad, must have missed those conversations. yes I agree with you ASBO, SRU could have dealt with that a lot more professionally, especially after all the good work he's done for Scotland.

FES, at least Taylor will be helping out at Glasgow too, hopefully that will be good for the warriors cause next season.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down