The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League news

+11
Steel
aucklandlaurie
The_Enigma
davidl1061
drsambo1928
Pal Joey
sherlock123
George Hotel1895
dublfcynwa
Luke
Kenny
15 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 20 Empty Rugby League news

Post by Kenny Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Gareth Ellis has said he will make a decision on which team he will join before the end of March , his agent has said they have had offers from several clubs but have narrowed it down to 4 teams ...while he did not mention which clubs they were they are believed to be Leeds , Hull FC , Huddersfield and Warrington .

Catalan Dragons have denied Hull KR permission to train on the Stade Gilbert Brutus pitch before saturdays Superleague game , rules state it is the home teams choice if they allow visiting teams to use their pitches or not . Catalans have told Rovers to train elsewhere which hasn't gone down well with them , odd decision from the Dragons as they usually allow all visiting teams to use their facilities .

Ryan Bailey has been given a 3 match ban and a £300 fine for pushing a match official during Leeds Rhinos game against Warrington Wolves , Brent Webb was also fined £300 and given a verbal warning for the same offence in the same incident . Warringtons Mickey Higham received a 2 match ban for a high tackle on Rob Burrow in the same game .

Bradfords Jarrod Sammut was given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle against Hull KR , Hull FC prop Mark O'Melley was also given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle in Hulls game against St Helens .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 20 Empty Re: Rugby League news

Post by The Beast Sat 06 Jun 2015, 9:15 am

I agree with your excellent post Tiger. I am pleased to see something being done to at least attempt to stem the flow of players leaving the competition and I agree RU does IMO benefit greatly from the publicity and frankly hyped international calendar. RU to my mind has become "trendy" League needs a way to follow suit better international calendar as you mention and much much better marketing and get the mainstream media on side.

One side note however with SL effectively increasing the salary cap unless something changes it will be very very difficult to win promtion from the Championship (SL cap is already nearly double). I in honesty think Bradford will find it very difficult, London/Sheffield/Dewsbury/Featherstone/Halifax et al will imo really struggle against SL opposition. I have to say unless Sky or another TV channel come on board to show the lower divisions it will be tough to develop the fan base, sponsorship and/or backing for more full time squads to be able to compete. I guess we will know more in August/September.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 17 Jun 2015, 8:54 pm

News Roundup;

Warrington

Anthony England receives a four game ban for spitting, frankly not long enough.

Wakefield

Dean Collis and Jarrod Sammut have left the club

Salford

Tony Puletua has apparently is taking legal action against the club, why is not clear at this stage.

Theo Fages has placed a transfer request to leave.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:30 pm

Salford;

It has been reported that Kevin Locke has tendered his resignation from the club. Owner Dr. Koukash making a statement in a press conference next Tuesday.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 19 Jun 2015, 1:20 pm

The Beast wrote:I agree with your excellent post Tiger.  I am pleased to see something being done to at least attempt to stem the flow of players leaving the competition and I agree RU does IMO benefit greatly from the publicity and frankly hyped international calendar.  RU to my mind has become "trendy" League needs a way to follow suit better international calendar as you mention and much much better marketing and get the mainstream media on side.

One side note however with SL effectively increasing the salary cap unless something changes it will be very very difficult to win promtion from the Championship (SL cap is already nearly double). I in honesty think Bradford will find it very difficult, London/Sheffield/Dewsbury/Featherstone/Halifax et al will imo really struggle against SL opposition.  I have to say unless Sky or another TV channel come on board to show the lower divisions it will be tough to develop the fan base, sponsorship and/or backing for more full time squads to be able to compete. I guess we will know more in August/September.

Due agree with your point about the salary cap. If we want to make this new format work, then it has to be a level playing field for all the sides, otherwise its just the franchise system in another name. Other than Leigh and Bradford its hard to see the other championship sides winning a game in the 8's, and the 2 i mentioned could struggle. This is why i think they made the 4/5th place play off game.

With regards to Puletua its because he is apparently owed something like £48,000 in wages. Locke also owed money.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 24 Jun 2015, 7:28 pm

Salford;

Dr. Koukash accepts Kevin Locke's resignation but denies owing him "a penny".

Hull;

Mark Syned banned for two games following the tackle that injured Leeds Danny McGuire. From the clip I have seen I think he and thus Hull are fortunate it is only two matches, particularly as the battle for the top 8/middle 8's looks like going down to the wire (no Warrington pun intended).

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 07 Aug 2015, 8:55 pm

Salford;

It has been reported that Theo Fages has tendered his resignation citing a breach of contract. This has apparently been rejected by Salford, rejecting the claims.

Whatever the rights and wrongs horrible timing for the club on the eve of the middle 8's who have what looks a big game at home to Wakefield on Sunday.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat 15 Aug 2015, 6:52 pm

Over 70000 tickets sold now for the challenge cup final, not bad going shame the club Wembley holders never show up for the event so the parts of the middle tier are always missing. Still a great day out though and value for money. I am gutted I can't go this year I'll just cheer Leeds on at home with my shirt on, hope it's a good close game though.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 21 Aug 2015, 3:29 am

London Broncos

Will have yet another new home. As from next year they will be playing at the trailfinders sports club in Ealing, for the next 3 years.

Though it's a smaller venue that I think will suit them (it also can be expanded if required), this constant moving around s what damages the club with regards support.
The sooner that they find a venue and stay at it long term, the better it will be to help rebuild the club, and help attract and keep there fans.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 21 Aug 2015, 3:39 am

2 bits of news regarding league 1.

Next year Toulouse will join the league taking it up to 15 teams.

And they are changing the league format.

The league 1 cup will again kick off the season (though with Toulouse now having joined, there will probably be only one amateur team in it).
Then all 15 teams will play each other ONCE.
After that they will then split. The top 7 will play each other again, with promotion game (1v2), and play offs staying the same I think.
The bottom 8, will play each other again, and the top teams will then play off for there own competition (like the championship shield).

I've got to say I like this idea, keeps the comp alive for alot of teams.

Futher details when released.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 02 Sep 2015, 6:47 pm

Two pieces to catch up on.

1, Justin Carney has been suspended by Castleford, some wild rumours why this might be, it also suggested that he is likely to leave and is already talking to other clubs.

2, Iestyn Harris leaves his Head Coach role at Salford by mutual consent.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 05 Sep 2015, 12:33 pm

Rangi chase has been suspended by Salford and will not play this weekend vs. Halifax.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 07 Sep 2015, 6:23 pm

The Beast wrote:Two pieces to catch up on.

1, Justin Carney has been suspended by Castleford, some wild rumours why this might be, it also suggested that he is likely to leave and is already talking to other clubs.

2, Iestyn Harris leaves his Head Coach role at Salford by mutual consent.

Apparently the Carney rumors are true, and it's the team who want rid with regards this and other dismanemers.
Catalan are the rumoured club (though given Pat Richards is joining can't see why).

And Brian Smith has angrily denied the Rankin Rumour.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 23 Sep 2015, 7:06 pm

Tom Burgess will have surgery on his hip and miss the test series v NZ in November. Disappointing but at least the front row are positions with depth in the England squad particularly if Cutherbertson is available.

Whilst I am not a fan of sportsmen seemingly choosing their country to represent, Australia are no strangers to it and it does appear to happen in alot of other sports.

Either way if the test series is half as good as the World Cup Semi and last years' 4 nations game it should be a cracker. Fast, physical, skillful and played in good spirit.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 28 Sep 2015, 9:34 pm

Castleford Tigers,

excellent news for them, their plans for a new stadium appear to have finally come through the various planning/Judicial Review stages. Good luck to all concerned, hope it is built soon.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 01 Oct 2015, 7:34 pm

Wakefield;

part company with Tim Smith following his conviction for driving offences. Sad news, a quality player IMO, hope he finds a new club soon.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 07 Oct 2015, 2:47 pm

The Beast wrote:Wakefield;

part company with Tim Smith following his conviction for driving offences.  Sad news, a quality player IMO, hope he finds a new club soon.
Wakefield done the right thing in my opinion, but others will disagree i know.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:02 am

Both England and New Zealand have named there squads for the forth coming test series.

ENGLAND

John Bateman, Joe Burgess, Tom Burgess, Mike Cooper, Leroy Cudjoe, Beñ Currie, Liam Farrell, Brett Ferres, Luke Gale, James Graham, Ryan Hall, Zak Hardaker, Chris Hill, Josh Hodgson, Jermaine McGillvary, Sean O'Loughlin, James Roby, Matty Smith, Sam Tomkins, Kallum Watkins, Ben Westwood, Elliot Whitehead, Gareth Widdop, George Williams.

First thoughts are, Delighted that Cooper, Hodgson & Gale are in after outstanding season's. Not sure why Walmsley's not in. And can't work out why Smith and Westwood are in.

NEW ZEALAND

Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Lewis Brown, Manaia Cherrington, Alex Glenn, Tohu Harris, Peta Hiku, Jordan Kahu, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Tuimoala Lolohea, Issac Liu, Issac Luke, Ben Matulino, Sam Moa, Jason Nightingale, Kodi Nikorima, Kevin Procter, Curtis Rona, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Martin Taupau, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Dean Whare.

Its a shame that quite a few of the first team/Bigger names are injured for this series.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 17 Oct 2015, 3:29 am

The dates/ Games/ And 2 venues have been announced for the World Club Championship and the 2 glorified friendlies.

FRI 19TH FEB - St Helens v Sydney Roosters at Langtree Park - Friendly.
SAT 20TH FEB - Wigan v Brisbane (for the 2nd year running) At DW Stadium - Friendly.
SUN 21ST FEB - Leeds v North Queensland at either Elland RD or Headingley - WORLD CLUB GAME.

A couple of points.
1) I've said for a while now, that the WCC should be a couple of weeks after our GF, and the last club game of the season. And this game really shows why. As Sinfield, Peacock and Leuluai who have been very influential in Leeds season won't be playing because they''ve left. Surely it should be the 2 champion teams, rather than just in the name of the clubs.
!

2) The super lmeague Directors should hang there head in shame. For those who don't know, to qualify for this weekend it is the 2 Grand Finalists and the challenge cup winners. Now given that Leeds won them both, it should have gone to the next best placed league team, which is Huddersfield. Who as we now have the facilities, as it would have been there first time could have used it as a magnificent marketing tool for the club and town. It would have provided interest into how a new side fairs. And provided life into the friendlies, and to be quite frank they been better than Saints and deserve it more.
To give it to Saints because of there name, stinks in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:45 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Both England and New Zealand have named there squads for the forth coming test series.

ENGLAND

John Bateman, Joe Burgess, Tom Burgess, Mike Cooper, Leroy Cudjoe, Beñ Currie, Liam Farrell, Brett Ferres, Luke Gale, James Graham, Ryan Hall, Zak Hardaker, Chris Hill, Josh Hodgson, Jermaine McGillvary, Sean O'Loughlin, James Roby, Matty Smith, Sam Tomkins, Kallum Watkins, Ben Westwood, Elliot Whitehead, Gareth Widdop, George Williams.

First thoughts are, Delighted that Cooper, Hodgson & Gale are in after outstanding season's. Not sure why Walmsley's not in. And can't work out why Smith and Westwood are in.

NEW ZEALAND

Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Lewis Brown, Manaia Cherrington, Alex Glenn, Tohu Harris, Peta Hiku, Jordan Kahu, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Tuimoala Lolohea, Issac Liu, Issac Luke, Ben Matulino, Sam Moa, Jason Nightingale, Kodi Nikorima, Kevin Procter, Curtis Rona, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Martin Taupau, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Dean Whare.

Its a shame that quite a few of the first team/Bigger names are injured for this series.

To the best of my knowledge Walmsley is not fit, I think Tom Briscoe is unlucky as imo Joe Burgess whilst quick and talented does not have an all round game as of yet. Only four props is worrying. It is a shame about the injuries but I think it will be a good series and hopefully a shot in the arm for the game with Union getting so much publicity with their dull overhyped WC. Anything like the WC semi or last years' four nations games I will be happy albeit of course with England wins.

I'd go with;

Hardaker
Hall
Watkins
Cujoe
McGillvary
Widdop
Gale
Hill
Roby
Graham
Bateman
Whitehead
O'Loughlin (C) Bench; Tom Burgess, Cooper, Hodgson, Ferres

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 17 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

"The super lmeague Directors should hang there head in shame. For those who don't know, to qualify for this weekend it is the 2 Grand Finalists and the challenge cup winners. Now given that Leeds won them both, it should have gone to the next best placed league team, which is Huddersfield. Who as we now have the facilities, as it would have been there first time could have used it as a magnificent marketing tool for the club and town. It would have provided interest into how a new side fairs. And provided life into the friendlies, and to be quite frank they been better than Saints and deserve it more.
To give it to Saints because of there name, stinks in my opinion".

100% agree with this, is that the actual explanation? Bizarre if so.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:24 pm

The fixtures list are out, The 1st game and start days are.

SUPER LEAGUE - RD1

THURS 4TH FEB
Leeds v Warrington.

FRI 5TH FEB
Hull FC v Salford.
St Helens v Huddersfield.
Wigan v Catalan.

SUN 7TH FEB
Hull KR v Castleford.
Wakefield v Widnes.

CHAMPIONSHIP - RD1

SUN 7TH FEB
Batley v Leigh.
Bradford v Featherstone.
Halifax v Whitehaven.
Oldham v London Broncos.
Swinton v Dewsbury.
Workington v Sheffield.

LEAGUE 1 - RD1

SAT 5TH MARCH
Toulouse v Coventry.

SUN 6TH MARCH
Doncaster v Gloucestershire.
North Wales v Barrow.
Oxford v Newcastle.
Rochdale v Hunslet.
South Wales v Keighley.
York v London Skolars.

THE SPLITS

SUPER LEAGUE / CHAMPIONSHIP

Will happen after Rd 23 ( Weekend of 24th July).

LEAGUE 1.

After playing everyone once, after RD 15 ( Weekend 10th July), the top 8 will play each other again, the bottom 7 also.

The magic weekend will again be in Newcastle (weekend 21 & 22 may). The fixtures are

SAT 21ST MAY
Salford v Widnes.
Warrington v Castleford.
Leeds v Wigan.

SUN 22ND MAY
Wakefield v Catalan.
St Helens v Huddersfield.
Hull FC v Hull KR.

The Championship Summer bash Wii again be at Blackpool (weekend 28/29 May. The games are.

SAT 8TH MAY
League 1 cup final.
Sheffield v London Broncos.
Workington v Whitehaven.
Bradford v Leigh.

SUN 29TH MAY
Dewsbury v Batley.
Halifax v Featherstone.
Oldham v Swinton.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 05 Nov 2015, 6:13 pm

It is widely reported that Sam Burgess will leave Bath RU and re-join South Sydney. If so great news IMO, slightly saddened he won't be playing in the UK but would love to him & brothers playing for England again. Welcome back Sam, good luck.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:21 am

RL Journalist Gary Carter remains in Hospital following an assualt prior to the London Eng/NZ Test match. Thinking of you Gary, keep fighting your family are by your side.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 22 Nov 2015, 8:50 am

Huddersfield Giants;

Suspend England international Brett Ferres pending an internal investigation.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 29 Nov 2015, 3:00 pm

Clubs in the Championship are now allowed to spent upto 50% of their income (previously 40%) on player salary effectively raising the salary cap to £1.3m.

Tricky this, there is the fear that clubs will overstretch themselves trying to reach Super League and is there is a danger the Championship will be even more of a two tier competition, however the playoffs did IMO highlight a gulf in standards. With SL increasing their cap I am not sure the RFL had much option but to allow the Championship to do the same. From what I have read Leigh were pushing hard on this issue now allowing them to sign Rangi Chase. Interesting to see how this develops.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:20 pm

Congratulations to Brian McDermott who is awarded Coach of the Year in the UK Coaching awards.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:21 pm

Mal Meninga is named as Australia's new Head coach following Tim Sheens move to Salford Red Devils.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 15 Dec 2015, 1:37 am

The Beast wrote:Mal Meninga is named as Australia's new Head coach following Tim Sheens move to Salford Red Devils.
He might find things a slightly tougher at the Kangaroos than he did as Qld. Time will tell

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:33 am

I must admit to not fully appreciating that there is a transfer list in RL (official/unofficial?). Apparently there is and Brett Ferres is on it following his suspension from Huddersfield due to "conduct away from the field".

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 12:29 pm

The Beast wrote:I must admit to not fully appreciating that there is a transfer list in RL (official/unofficial?).  Apparently there is and Brett Ferres is on it following his suspension from Huddersfield due to "conduct away from the field".
Or playing away as we say where i come from Whistle

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 19 Dec 2015, 11:19 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:I must admit to not fully appreciating that there is a transfer list in RL (official/unofficial?).  Apparently there is and Brett Ferres is on it following his suspension from Huddersfield due to "conduct away from the field".
Or playing away as we say where i come from Whistle

LOL, yes.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 11 Jan 2016, 3:59 pm

Marwan Koukash says he is working with the RFL to clear Salford of alleged salary cap breaches rumoured to be in connection with the signing and subsequent legal case involving Tony Puletua.

Given this was 2014 - 2015 IF it is shown to be a breach not sure what the RFL could do, too late to deduct points.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 7:55 am

The Beast wrote:Marwan Koukash says he is working with the RFL to clear Salford of alleged salary cap breaches rumoured to be in connection with the signing and subsequent legal case involving Tony Puletua.

Given this was 2014 - 2015 IF it is shown to be a breach not sure what the RFL could do, too late to deduct points.
There are rumours that the rumour was started by someone at a championship club.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu 14 Jan 2016, 4:03 pm

Koukash posted on Twitter this morning that he's received 2 fines and 2 tribunals from the RFL, didn't mention what they were for but j think we can guess

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 14 Jan 2016, 10:55 pm

Salford Red Devils have signed Josh Jones after he left the Exeter union club.
Good move for both parties.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu 14 Jan 2016, 11:41 pm

I think so the lad clearly wasn't enjoying Union, he's the kind of player Salford need to sign young and hungry and wanting to make a name for himself

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 16 Jan 2016, 9:59 am

Steel wrote:I think so the lad clearly wasn't enjoying Union, he's the kind of player Salford need to sign young and hungry and wanting to make a name for himself

Spot on hopefully more League players will realise all that glitters..............

Salford building a better squad than last year imo, ok not as flash but I suspect they will be better for it.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:18 am

Leeds have announced today that headingley is to get a major redevelopment, including new south stand and new north stand, work will start next year. This also includes a new main stand for the cricket as well.

Unfortunately for away fans western terrace is remaining the same due to restrictions

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 30 Jan 2016, 10:40 pm

Steel wrote:Leeds have announced today that headingley is to get a major redevelopment, including new south stand and new north stand, work will start next year. This also includes a new main stand for the cricket as well.

Unfortunately for away fans western terrace is remaining the same due to restrictions

Looks impressive, should be a further boost for the club.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 30 Jan 2016, 10:42 pm

Paul Rowley has resigned as Head Coach of Leigh, a shock just before the start of the season, still hot favourites to top the championship with their squad.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon 01 Feb 2016, 11:25 am

Leigh have now appointed their former assistant coach Neil jukes as manager.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon 01 Feb 2016, 11:26 am

Other big news is it's looking like Wayne Bennett will become England coach and mcnamaras contract will not be renewed

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 06 Feb 2016, 8:51 am

Steel wrote:Other big news is it's looking like Wayne Bennett will become England coach and mcnamaras contract will not be renewed

I have mixed feelings about this, Mr. Bennett's C.V. is nothing short of exceptional however I think the National team should have an English coach, if England go on to win the four nations/world cup (which I think they possibly could) will it be due to a foreign coach?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 1:16 pm

I wonder if Brian McDermott was offered the role, would seem the logical choice given his success at Leeds

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:50 pm

davidl1061 wrote:I wonder if Brian McDermott was offered the role, would seem the logical choice given his success at Leeds

Apparently he was there first choice, but feels such gratitude towards Gary Hetherington, and obviously with it being the first season of a new era, didn't want to give it up. Especially as he wouldn't have got it as a part time coach.
There's also a feeling that he wants to eventually move to America (hence him becoming USA coach).

I find 2 things strange about the Bennett choice.
1) the rfl decided to be England coach it needed to be a full time job, so why the sudden change?
2) One of the criticisms about McNamara was he was in Australia, so couldn't see SL games in person, and pick players in form. I can't see how thís changes.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:00 am

tigerrobins wrote:
davidl1061 wrote:I wonder if Brian McDermott was offered the role, would seem the logical choice given his success at Leeds

Apparently he was there first choice, but feels such gratitude towards Gary Hetherington, and obviously with it being the first season of a new era, didn't want to give it up. Especially as he wouldn't have got it as a part time coach.
There's also a feeling that he wants to eventually move to America (hence him becoming USA coach).

I find 2 things strange about the Bennett choice.
1) the rfl decided to be England coach it needed to be a full time job, so why the sudden change?
2) One of the criticisms about McNamara was he was in Australia, so couldn't see SL games in person, and pick players in form. I can't see how thís changes.

I think part of the problem lies with so few international games being played and limited time with the players means the England job is perhaps not (as it should be) the most attractive in the game.

I agree wit your points Tiger, at times the RFL's decision making process does, at least from the outside, appear somewhat "woolly"

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:03 am

Huddersfield;

bad news as Luke Robinson has been forced to retire due to injury. A fine career that included England International caps apparently he would like to stay within the game. Hopefully he will be able to do, good luck in the future always enjoyed watching him play.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:12 am

Castleford;

Michael Shenton will miss the rest of the season after damaging his ACL in the game vs Hull KR, John Boudebza is facing the RFL disciplinary committe as a result of the tacke that injured Shenton.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:17 am

Good news;

Gary Carter the RFL journalist assaulted in London following the Eng v NZ international is out of hospital and has been allowed to continue his recovery at home. Best wishes to Gary and his family.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat 13 Feb 2016, 11:08 am

The world all stars just beat the indigenous all stars 12-8 great game for a friendly could have easily gone either way

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next