The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL is a racist sport

2 posters

Go down

AFL is a racist sport Empty AFL is a racist sport

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:11 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-clubs-unwritten-rule-on-aborigines-20120315-1v8cz.html
Andrew Demetriou can't deny this.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

AFL is a racist sport Empty Re: AFL is a racist sport

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:12 pm

This is a clear case of racial discrimination and will come to court at some stage as it breaks Australian law. In the long term this is going to be a huge set back for the AFL in the battle of the football codes in Australia. How can an Aborigine now play a football code with this policy, and the same for a person who is of polynesian descent? All the money that the AFL spent on Israel Folau in the hope that they could tap into the polynesian community has now gone down the Swany.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:14 am

Nice wind up but if you read the article more closely it's not all clubs or the AFL across the board, George. There is a long history of indigenous players in the modern area of the game. OK, there have been disciplinary issues with some young kids thrown into unfamiliar surroundings and the great sporting cauldron at the same time... but so too for non-indigenous players.

Demetriou is renowned for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. He has damaged the reputation of the game before and will most likely do so again. It's unbelievable what he comes out with at times. So thoughtless.

Similar to some individual talent scout, recruiter or coaching staff with their racist bias but hopefully these people will have less and less to do with our wonderful game.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:21 am

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/blog-untrue-says-neeld-20120402-1w940.html
It seems possible that this AFL club has double standards as well when it comes to dealing with indigenous players.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:36 am

Will we ever know the truth?

I heard Mark Neeld defend himself today and I got the impression the more he talked... the deeper the hole he was digging for himself.

Anyway, if there are such double standards operating in every AFL club as you say, then it's good to see people like Grant Thomas on the case.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down