The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would you solve a problem like Carlos Tevez?

Go down

How would you solve a problem like Carlos Tevez? Empty How would you solve a problem like Carlos Tevez?

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 6:14 am

Roberto Mancini has gone on record saying he may use Tevez again this season. It may just be me but the City boss always appears uncomfortable when questioned about the Argentinian during interviews. My guess is that he'd rather Tevez was already long gone but the fact that he's still at the club seems to have created a dilemma for Mancini.

Simple question(s):

Would you play him?

Does he even deserve consideration after his well publicised strop?

If he does indeed play a major part in City's run in would it smack of desperation on Mancini's part or would it be a master stroke if Tevez was to be the catalyst in a City title triumph?

Is it good management to utilize what you have regardless of principles?

Would, as some hacks have suggested, a title win involving Tevez cheapen the achievement? (as crazy as that sounds!)

Over to you.

Cheers guys.

Back to top Go down

How would you solve a problem like Carlos Tevez? Empty Re: How would you solve a problem like Carlos Tevez?

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:05 am

Would you play him? Yes because he's world class and a proven goalscorer at every level and he's won leagues title before and has the experience

Does he even deserve consideration after his well publicised strop? Tevez isn't the only guilty guy here in my opinion, Mancini's tactics on the night were shocking while 2-0 down and Tevez should of been playing and then Mancini treated Tevez like a dog. Tevez has apologised....move on!

If he does indeed play a major part in City's run in would it smack of desperation on Mancini's part or would it be a master stroke if Tevez was to be the catalyst in a City title triumph? It's more than likely Tevez will play a major part in City's run-in and given the opportunity will score goals. Of course bringing him back on the back of consecutive defeats looks like desperation and in reality it is.

Is it good management to utilize what you have regardless of principles? Yes. The guy is draining the finances at the club just sitting on his ass, play him and let him repay the club with strong performances and goals. In 10 years time, no one is going to remember the Tevez debate it will be 'remember when Man City won the 2012 title' etc

Would, as some hacks have suggested, a title win involving Tevez cheapen the achievement? Simply No!

The Tevez debate is boring there's more worrying things regarding City. Mancini is a shocking manager. FACT! The guy is manager of Man City with unlimited funds and he's 2nd in the league to an appaling Man Utd team, out of the champs lge stage, out of the europa league before the qf's, out of the f.a cup and out of the league cup. Not winning a trophy this season is embarrasing and quite frankly poor. If it was Mark Hughes, he would of been sacked. Twice this season Mancini has admitted he was at fault for thinking two big games were easy......That is disgraceful managment. The guy is a shocking manager and if City want to realise there potential they need a stronger manager.

Back to top Go down

How would you solve a problem like Carlos Tevez? Empty Re: How would you solve a problem like Carlos Tevez?

Post by Crimey Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:22 am

Would you play him?
I really don't know. I think it depends on the sincerity of Carlos Tevez, all we have really seen is the PR stuff what has been calculated by numerous people to make sure all parties come out looking the best they can. What is most important is how Tevez is behind closed doors, if he has actually backed down, then it's hard to see why a player of such quality wouldn't play.

Does he even deserve consideration after his well publicised strop?
As before, it depends how sincere he is. The major problem is that Mancini will lose a lot of credibility by allowing Tevez to return, as essentially, he has refused to play, had a long holiday and then come back and forced his way into the side ahead of somebody who has worked hard for City all season.

If he does indeed play a major part in City's run in would it smack of desperation on Mancini's part or would it be a master stroke if Tevez was to be the catalyst in a City title triumph?
I think if City don't win the title, then the Tevez-saga will be of huge media interest. If he comes back, Mancini will be blamed for jeopardizing the harmony of the squad by allowing an unfit, disruptive player such as Tevez back. If he doesn't bring him back Mancini will be seen as an idiot for not utilising a good player.

Is it good management to utilize what you have regardless of principles
I think so, as a football manager, dealing with so many highly paid brats, it's vital that they are pragmatic. Holding too strongly to their principles is often a recipe for disaster as it leaves no room for fabulous players.

Would, as some hacks have suggested, a title win involving Tevez cheapen the achievement? (as crazy as that sounds!)
I don't think so, Mancini is perfectly at right to use everything at his disposable, including Tevez. City win the league, the Tevez-saga doesn't really matter, they've won the league. It's if they don't win the league where the Tevez-saga becomes more interesting as I said above.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:50 pm

When Robson de Souza more commonly known as Robinho gave his press interview after joining Man City a few years back - it seemed clear that he thought he had joined Man Utd. Such is the game nowadays, too many mercenary agents and players - it makes it difficult to craft a team. Alex Ferguson knows how to craft a team and I suppose that's why he got rid of Tevez.

Should Mancini pick Tevez. I think so, but it depends on how he fits in with the rest of the players and whether he is able to follow team instructions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down